100 Day Challenge

Options

Comments

• Herewegoagain
    Options
    Great idea Magni,
    Can I join you guys please

My problem is I can't go anywhere for a cuppa without having a great big slice of cake as well, usually choc/carrot cake. Also if I see chocolate then I have to have it DOH
    So my 100 day challenge will be not to buy either. If some one buys choc and offers me a square I might say yes but will try not too;)
    The prob with the cake is it's usually OH that buys me it, so I will have to be firm and not ask him to:o lol
    Good luck all

HWGA xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • lisa_martin_2
    Options
    I have been keeping myself busy by doing the dreaded household chores that I have been putting off for yonks! hopefully during this I will think of a hobby that will keep me busy. Tried knitting but it got boring so I need to think of something. Am going to start walking again (I can't do this right at this moment because my daughter is home from school with bad asthma) so, thinking caps on!!!

:-)
    :p
  • MrsPorridge
    Options
    lisa_martin I like your idea of no crisps so I'm going to join in and add that onto the no mags and no make-up.

I take my hat off to all of you who are doing without chocolate - I wish I could.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • lisa_martin_2
    Options
    Woooohoooo! A fellow crisper lol.

This is a very hard challenge for me. I hope we both do well! And everyone else too!

So far today I am doing well...
    :p
  • magni
    magni Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    Cinny91,

I've never seen the Superdrug mag before. I'll keep an eye out for it now. Thanks for that. Will have to be Super strong willed to go in and only pick up a magazine tho
    100 Day Pot £13
    £2 coin saver #205 £40 banked and £22
    Weekly Spend
    June NSD 9/10 DFW Nerd 54
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    Well I went to Lidl today,and was gonna buy chocolate for my porridge...but then i remembered our challenge so i resisted:T :T :T
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • MrsPorridge
    Options
    Well getting towards the end of the second day. I'm at home now so I'm safe from spending - and there's no crisps in the cupboards!!

I'm off now to look through my drawer of makeup and try and sort it into sets of eyeshadow, lipsticks etc and put some of it to one side, so if I feel the urge to splurge I'll get them out and see I don't need to buy any more.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • poorandindenial
    Options
    Phew - no spend day for me today - hurrah

Oh and for those people impressed at those of us giving up chocolate, don't be with me, I am only giving up BUYING it, believe me OH will sort me out from time to time if it is between that or me in psychopath mode.
    £34,547 (Dec 07); Current debt: £zilch (Debt free December 2010)
    Sealed Pot #389 (2010=£133)
  • Bexterragga
    Options
    Oooh I'm up for a challenge!

Now I don't eat much choccy at all...my vice is crisps. So I will not buy any crisps...not even the pretend ones like Ryvita minis.

This is the start of something special!!

:T

Good luck to everyone giving up the nice stuff, lol
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i'll join in as well with the cosmetics, hair care and skin care
    got loads here and trying soo hard not to buy any more until i've used up everything so this will give the the challenge that i need

i will admit that i may need to buy 1 bottle of shampoo and conditioner over the course of the 100 days however i will not do this until i have used up all that i have in the house then i deffo need it rather than i want to have it in case

i will aim for the 100 days although i do reserve the right to buy if i run everything out :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure