We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Certain 'free' offers via SweetCollect et al...

Options
Just got an e-mail from SweetCollect (who I've lost faith in a long time ago) with an offer from https://www.killerfitness.co.uk, just an example of a number I've had recently.

Basically you get free downloads from sites like these, which look so similar they could be the same. Before you can get to them, though, you have to fill in personal details and sign yourself up to an army of other 'offers'.
No different to any other offer, you might say, but in these cases it won't let you continue until you fill the forms in a certain way, AND agree wholeheartedly to take part. You can't skip any of them, even if you try clicking 'no thanks'.

I went through the whole thing for one offer, of course using false details, and wondered if it was all worth it. It took at least ten minutes, during which time I was forced to participate in six offers and sign up to several newsletters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport