My diary... becoming debt free whilst still having a life!!!

Options

Comments

• rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    Evening everyone, this is how I spent my day off work:

FIRST FINISHED BASKET

Final1stbasketnotwrapped-1.jpg

AND WRAPPED
    Contents
    Muffin flannel cake with heart bath bomb
    Nail files and sticks
    Body shop bath Lilly
    Cancer research car air freshener
    Cancer research compact
    Face mask
    Funky tissues
    Set of make up brushes
    Socks
    Radox shower smoothie
    Hand cream
    Diary
    1001 wellbeing book (M&S)
    M & S facial wipes
    Hot choc sachet

christmas006.jpg

AND MY FIRST SNOWMAN SOUP WITH LAKELAND SNOWMAN STIRRER (A BIT MESSY BUT I WILL TIDY UP THE NEXT ONE)

christmas002.jpg
    Contents: hot choc, choc chips, mini marshmallows, candy stick and snowman stirer.
    SC the bags come from eBay, I will look out seller if you are interested?

Enjoyed my day off, time for a glass of wine me thinks.

;)
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    Absolutely!! I dont know what I would do without you all. I am so glad I can come and talk to people who understand and dont judge. I havent told anyone in the family about our debts and OH will not talk about it at all ,so without you all I would have noone! :T :T

DITTO

I feel exactly the same.

xxxx
    ;)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ruby the basket is fabulous whoever is the recipient is very lucky well done
    i love the snowman thing too it looks really good where did you get the bags from?
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    Thanks SC, that is kind of you to say.

The bags came from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/x-30-CLEAR-CELLO-CONE-BAGS-FETE-WEDDING-PARTY-BAGS_W0QQitemZ180299421807QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180299421807&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I only got 15, so if you decide to get some search through the listings.

Someone else on the thread used some icing bags from lakeland.

I showed DH and he was convinced I had bought it!! (think he was just being nice).

At least this debt business has given me the opportunity to be creative.

xxx
    ;)
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone - it's nice that most of us are back on the thread chatting.

Good luck with Virgin Vie Irish Chick! :cool:

Sister Cas -very cute baby! :j

Ruby - lovely hamper. When you first mentioned on the snowman soup thread putting in a snowman stirrer - my first thought was extra 50p cost each but I agree with your OH it looks shop bought in the best possible sense of the word!:T :T :T

My next craft project is to make some snowman soup - but we don't have a lakeland nearby and I quite fancy a snowman stirrer myself now! I s'pose tho since you stick it on the outside I could still make them up and if appropriate add them later. The people on the celebrations board are fab too - rainmac gave me some cake cases and passion8 gave me some cello cones! I think you really can have a virtual community! :A

So I'm now all set having bought the best deal on candy canes (Morrisons 99p BOGOF) and some pink and white marshmallows 99p (Asda) chocolate drops Asda 38p per bag and some Cadbury's hot chocolate. I also got some of the mini options 5for £1 in Asda in case I decided to do flavoured snowman soup or white snowman soup! I already have lots of ribbon - still need to make tags tho...

I also picked up in Tesco £2 reduced from £4.20 some paint your own glass bottles (4 in a pack with paint) which I thought would be nice for my DS to paint for various relatives at Xmas. He's not really got involved with the flannels but I thought he would do that! I also thought I might be able to nick some of the glass writing stuff to write on my journal jars etc ??? :p Cunning plan or what!:rotfl:

Hope you're all okay!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    Hi SH
    thanks for your comments. I would love to be able to offer you some cones but unfortunately I don't have any spare, sorry.

Not a brilliant day here today on the money front, because OH messed up on his 1st payment to 0% card and so we lost the 0% deal. He has called them today to apologise and explain it was a genuine mistake, plus we haven't had any statements yet and they have promised to reinstate when the payment he has now made is cleared!!! We had words over that I can tell you.

Other than that we have had a dry, sunny day and we all went for a lovely walk. (obviously before this frostie atmosphere started..........:rolleyes: )

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Has anyone heard from YB, I hope she isn't unwell still??!!
    ;)
  • savingholmes
    Options
    Hi - I wasn't after more cello cones - I was expressing my gratitude that someone had already given me some.

Ruby - I've had the same experience re 0% not good but there we go. For us it was when we had just xfrd £10K+ so I wasn't impressed and was really scared they wouldn't reinstate. They charged us full interest for the month but did reinstate the offer after that...

YB is still hitting the thanks button so I think she is still aorund...
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
  • ~Yorkshire_Belle~
    Options
    Hi all
    Thanks for thinking of me, I have been right proper poorly as my grandma used to say!
    Better now though thankfully.
    Money seems to be all consuming - there is never a day where something doesn't crop up or go pear shaped. Everything seems to take so long to sort out too. Plus I seem to be fretting about things yet to come - eg when our 0% comes to an end what to do - and that's not till June!
    Your Christmas baskets etc look fab. I have ordered a few things for the DSs but haven't got to grips with what they want yet - don't want to spend on things they won't use iyswim.
    Great to 'see' you all again - will try to keep up the visits - thanks for letting me perch in your diary Ruby!
    Belle
    x
    PS SH - Did you decide what to do re moving?
    Getting there...slowly! :D

GC : must do better
    NSD: very rare

No matter how slow I go I am lapping everyone on the couch.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    YB where are you? are you still poorly? we miss you
    I have made my xmas cake today :A :T i have also made a little one for DD1's birthday as she loves fruit cake thought it would be cheaper too. the birthday cake i got for DD2 last month was just a sponge cake and cost over £8 :eek:

ruby , SH keep going with the creativity you inspire me. I do love the snowman soup it looks so professional and all the baskets too

off to watch a bit more x factor xx

edited to say: just seen your post YB glad you are feeling better xx
  • savingholmes
    Options
    HI all - still undecided re moving - the interview has been put back due to an unexpected event at their end. The new date they suggested we probably can't make so we need to try and agree a new daate... Trying to be open for OH's sake but debt wise it would be quite concerning...

Hope you start to feel better soon YB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport