We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Recommended vacuum cleaner?

Options
124»

Comments

• Flimber
    Flimber Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    Magentasue wrote:
    Miele cat and dog.

Another vote for this model. Outstanding. Ours will likely last a (virtual) lifetime too.

Mike.
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've got a Miele which is about 12 years old and still very good. It's had one minor part replaced in that time but cost about £200.

We've also still got our first ever vacuum cleaner which we got 16 years ago. It's a Hitachi which we got as cheap as anything from Argos but is still a very good workhorse and gets used for all the tough jobs like vaccing up after DIY and doing the car. As it's bagless it's been exceptional value, especially at a fraction of the price of the Miele.

That being the case, i'd just get a cheapo one again next time.
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cool, this is all helping loads, thanks!, but has anyone seen where you can get a cheap sebo?!, thanks in advance :)
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Robert dyas has a special on miele from £99.99 to £79.99 with a £5 voucher for the next spend.
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • Chief1975
    Options
    I am resurrecting this thread as after inspecting underneath the existing insulation in our loft at the weekend I have discovered all sorts of bricks, rubble, wood, sacks etc. So I want take it all up, remove the rubbish, clean up & put it back down again to then add more insulation on top. Was thinking of hiring a industrial vacuum but looking at £50-£60 for a weekend, any suggestions?
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Henry or any cleaner made by numatic, great suction perfect for any job, seen Henrys on offer for about £65 at the mo! Shop about.

FOr an upright, I would reccoomend going for a Kirby! Great vacs, once you have one its a vac for life they never break down!
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure