PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Should I stop my neighbor from selling their house at a ridiculously low price?

Options
Hello all,

I have a neighbor who is currently selling their house however she has just accepted an offer 35% less than the market price of the house!!! unbelievable!!!

She sees nothing wrong with lowering the price of all the houses on the street!!!

However I would like to sell but I'm not prepared to sell at the low prices estate agents are giving me considering what places were going for last year. I'm going to sit it out before selling early next year when prices are more realistic.

Is it wrong to put a fake offer in to stop the sale going through? In the short term it maybe wrong but once prices recover next year my neighbor will be thanking me from saving her from a very stupid mistake.

Also these are period 3 bed houses in Royal Tunbridge Wells in the catchment area for a good school so there is no way they have gone down in price. I understand that new build flats in places like Slough and Luton but they are a world away from my street,

Thanks

David

Comments

• JF77
    JF77 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    lol

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Excited for Florida - May 2012 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • clobber_2
    clobber_2 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    This is a joke, right?
  • JF77
    JF77 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    I think they call it Bank Holiday Madness !!!
    Excited for Florida - May 2012 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • beduth
    beduth Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is a wind up isnt it? cos if it aint you need to see a doctor, quick.:confused:
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do hope this is a joke:

TOLOLOL.gif
  • louise3965
    louise3965 Posts: 687 Forumite
    Options
    Oh what a fabulous idea. I think you should just go ahead and ruin someone elses house sale just on a whim. Triffic.
    Cogito ergo sum. Google it you lazy sod !!
  • Lucky7-1985
    Options
    If this is not a joke, this is very selfish it is completely upto your neighbour what they do with there own house, if it is that cheap and your so sure that your area is going to be the only place not to drop, put an offer in for 66% of the asking price sit on it for a year and then sell making a profit. Personally I do not feel the market is going to go that way, and you may end up wishing you had sold your property for 65% of last years prices.
    Been reading for ages, personal debt down from over £13.5K:eek: to £4.2K:confused: hopefully debt free by Christmas 2008:T
  • lifeisgood
    lifeisgood Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is her neighbour so bad that he has devalued her house to the tune of 35%? She must be desparate to sell!

But what Tunbridge Wells resident would wish to remain next door to someone who can only use an American spellchecker?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,660 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If she wants to sell her home at 35% below what you believe is its value, that's her prerogative. You do not have to sell yours for the same price, neither does anyone else on the street. Unless you have good reason to believe she is not of sound mind or EA in collusion with purchaser is attempting to defraud her you should in no way interfere.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • davidmanna
    Options
    If she wants to sell her home at 35% below what you believe is its value, that's her prerogative. You do not have to sell yours for the same price, neither does anyone else on the street. Unless you have good reason to believe she is not of sound mind or EA in collusion with purchaser is attempting to defraud her you should in no way interfere.
    I'm thinking about doing this largely because I care about her and have known her a long time.

A house that went for 450k 9 months ago does not go down to being worth just 295k!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure