ganglion?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
6 replies 972 views
chardonnay_2chardonnay_2 Forumite
2.2K Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
hi, i had a thread about my ganglion - which i think has been deleted:confused:

i didn't ask for medical advise i just asked if others had been left with a scar so i knew what to expect after my operation.

could the board guide who deleted my thread please pm me to explain why and what i did wrong?
:love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:

Replies

• the_devil_made_me_do_itthe_devil_made_me_do_it Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes tis bizarre. I've noticed that certain threads get deleted whereas others, which are clearly asking medical advice, get left. Seems it's one rule for one and one rule for another.
  • ..yes, and usually rather than just deleting the thread the board guide leaves a message saying 'sorry no medical advice..etc' and locks it (so you can still see it, but not contribute anything further)
  • GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chardonnay wrote: »
    hi, i had a thread about my ganglion - which i think has been deleted:confused:

i didn't ask for medical advise i just asked if others had been left with a scar so i knew what to expect after my operation.

could the board guide who deleted my thread please pm me to explain why and what i did wrong?
    it wasn't a board guide it was a member of the abuse team :)
    possibly because it wasn't a moneysaving thread
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
  • Glad wrote: »
    it wasn't a board guide it was a member of the abuse team :)
    possibly because it wasn't a moneysaving thread

I would be disappointed if it was deleted for the reason that it was not a moneysaving thread. As others have said, it shows inconsistency in applying forum rules - a quick look on the Health and Beauty board shows that at least ten threads currently on the front page are not moneysaving! x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • the_devil_made_me_do_itthe_devil_made_me_do_it Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dmg24 wrote: »
    I would be disappointed if it was deleted for the reason that it was not a moneysaving thread. As others have said, it shows inconsistency in applying forum rules - a quick look on the Health and Beauty board shows that at least ten threads currently on the front page are not moneysaving! x

Took the words out of my mouth dmg24. Happens regularly. I rekon there are more posts on this forum that don't relate to money saving than those that do. I am guilty of starting threads myself which are from the topic of money saving.
  • The problem I have with this isn't about the rule saying no medical advice. (Fair enough, this is a money-saving website) As dmg24 says it's the inconsistency. Threads which are not giving medical advice now seem to disappear at the whim of the MSE team :confused: while other threads which blatantly are giving medical/dental advice get left..

And to simply delete someone's thread without a word of explanation seems wrong to me, especially when (as recently happened with another thread) someone has been getting some moral support from that thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals