• Rufff
    Rufff Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is not true for the entire @home contract
  • modavida
    modavida Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    This project has now closed. All staff have been notified that the 8th of June is the last day. The employer may find other contracts and I they may well contact you if that happens. Hope this helps.
    Well I've certainly not been told that!!!
  • Liverbird35
    Liverbird35 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 10 May 2009 at 4:05PM
    Options
    of close of Business 7th May 2009, we will not be required to 'turn up for work' as all calls will cease. This is due to the fact that XXXX no longer requires us.

There are some important points to bear in mind, and as always any questions, please ask.

1. We will be paid up until 8 June 2009. This will be for our 'contracted hours' and will accrue holiday time which will be then paid to us on leaving the company.

2. We have to be 'available' during our contracted hours between now and then. This is to say should **** need emergency cover from Teletech they would want to be able to depend on us.

3. We have to check our Corner Office email account in workbooth at the start of each scheduled shift in order to know if Teletech requires us. Should there not be any mail for us then the rest of the day is yours.

• modavida
    modavida Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    of close of Business 7th May 2009, we will not be required to 'turn up for work' as all calls will cease. This is due to the fact that XXXX no longer requires us.

There are some important points to bear in mind, and as always any questions, please ask.

1. We will be paid up until 8 June 2009. This will be for our 'contracted hours' and will accrue holiday time which will be then paid to us on leaving the company.

2. We have to be 'available' during our contracted hours between now and then. This is to say should **** need emergency cover from Teletech they would want to be able to depend on us.

3. We have to check our Corner Office email account in workbooth at the start of each scheduled shift in order to know if Teletech requires us. Should there not be any mail for us then the rest of the day is yours.

Be careful what you post, Liverbird - as pointed out earlier on in the thread, emails received by you from ttech are to be kept private. The contents are for employees only!

Also, this is NOT applicable to ALL ttech departments. One particular department were told a couple of months ago that they were being made redundant - but only one.

The project I and the majority of people on this thread work on, are still employed and have not been given notice at all.
  • Liverbird35
    Options
    My mistake only one part of the project is going. The bit that I work in so it is relevant to me. Perhaps there will be a recruitment drive in the future then so people who have been waiting to hear since March and April should be hopeful.
  • louise350
    louise350 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

Spent the last 48 hours of my life browsing through the 2 main threads on working for teletech and now feel quite informed as to what the job entails etc, but I am slightly concerned by the recent postings about one of the campaigns been dropped, I've worked in my share of call centres and know that when this happens it usually means trouble!

I applied for a position with teletech on Friday, I recieved the PC/skills assessments on Saturday and filled them in as soon as I recieved them. On Saturday evening I then got another email from them inviting me to schedule myself in for an interview (so I assume I passed the tests!) and that's now scheduled to happen this evening at 6pm.

What I am wondering is does anyone else have this meeting booked? Does anyone currently working for teletech know if there are any holds on recruitment, so far it has gone very smoothly but I don't want to hang my hopes too highly on this one if they don't have any start dates soon (i.e. in the next couple of weeks!)

Also, just a few other questions too (first post gotta make it count!!)

What actually happens in this meeting? From what I've gathered I have to ring an 0800 number with a meeting ID and also log onto a website called dimdim for some presentation, is it like an interview? Or is it simply a meeting to give you more information on the company and the job role before a final interview gets scheduled? The reason I ask is that from reading all the previous posts it seems a lot of people's recruitment process was fairly different from my own (things getting done in different orders!)

Also with regards to taking breaks as I'm pretty sure that your are entitled to a 12 minute break in a 4 hour shift, can you take that when you want? Or are there set guidelines as to when?

And last one... How do the calls actually come through on your telephone, I can't get my head around it and cannot find a strait answer in any of these posts! I mean, if they are monitored how can they do that if it's on your own landline phone and how do they get routed through? Do I need to dial a number from my phone in order for their calls to come through? :S

Sorry for all the questions but these are just things I couldnt find answers to previously!

Many thanks

Lou x

:o
  • pjashley1
    Options
    Hey,

I did the interview last week and was placed on the "future candidates list" yesterday. So they're very much actively recruiting, but don't have training dates yet. The recruiter said there could be a wait of between 1 and 4 weeks - but it's definitely happening.

It is an actual interview, done in both a group and an individual setting. Nothing scary, just basic competency questions. Listen carefully to the instructions.

With regards to the phone, it sounds like you receive a call on your landline and you just stay on that call all shift - with customers being routed to you automagically in the background. You're probably well used to the Avaya softphone from your previous experience.

Can't wait to get started! - looking forward to working with you all :D
  • louise350
    louise350 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Well I've just had to group interview - very weird experience I must say!

Apparently will recieve an email within 3 business days to let me know whether or not I was successful, and will then be placed on a candidate list or something? Meaning that there are no jobs right now as no training classes have been booked, but as soon as they have been we will be told of it right away, which is quite dissapointing as it could be a few weeks before that happens and I really need a job like yesterday! lol. Oh well, will just have to wait and see.

Lou x
  • Apolonation
    Apolonation Posts: 304 Forumite
    Options
    I applied to work with them did the training in December they lost my paperwork I resent it at my own expense, they paid me for the training i did but then told me I'd have to wait until the next training bout to start again 3 months later still nothing, they're recruiting I know that from this thread and their site. I contact them get the run around then someone calls me and tells me they'll be getting back to me when they are recruiting it'll be at least 2 months.

So a joke really. If you haven't got a job you don't have anything to lose, they are legit just pretty mickey mouse in their whole approach to looking after their employees imo.

I don't mind though as I have since got a full time job I'm due to start within 4 weeks - just wanted to warn anyone thinking of working for them.

Make sure you have everything documented and don't let them end your employment on the strength of simply wanting to retrain you when the next training occurs, as that might never happen - or at least 6 months later you might find yourself still waiting! =)

Gluck!
    whinge intr.v. whinged, whing·ing, whing·es Chiefly British To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.
  • mumofjusttwo
    mumofjusttwo Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When did you start there training. I had issues regarding my CRB check(not my fault) and was also told I would be put on the next training schedule.

I was then told that that if something came up I would have to reapply etc. I don't understand why they are still advertising for jobs just so people can be put on a waiting list:shrugs:

I know that there was mentions of jobs in June but TBH I think *(just my opinion) that that is just wishful thinking but I do hope I am wrong.
    January Grocery 11/374
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport