»

Free Texts on Orange Contract Phones

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

Free Texts on Orange Contract Phones

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
58 replies 50.5K views
SmartasssSmartasss Forumite
873 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
Send an SMS with the word Text to 1127.

They immediately send a reply, and then you need to await a second text confirming the 30 free ones have been applied to your account.

The 30 free ones are valid for one month. !If you want to continue having 30 texts each month they will add £2 per month onto your bill.

To opt out, contact customer services.

Insert by Andrea: see also 30 free texts on Orange PAYG

Replies

• MAYFLOWERSMAYFLOWERS Forumite
    122 posts
    :) Thanks Smartasss - just got my 30 free texts now!
  • Poppy9Poppy9 Forumite
    18.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up this from a friend. Texting to a different number.
    "If you are on Orange just text the word "text" to 1122 and you will get a text telling you that the free texts will be added soon, and soon you will have a text telling you that they are acvtivated and there you go.

Enjoy 30 free texts

Works for PAYG too. "

Don't know how long it lasts. Didn't see anything about being charged after 1st month.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • poppymoppoppymop Forumite
    476 posts
    let my mate know about about this!
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been picked up earlier in the thread but you can also get thirty free texts each month when you send them from the orange website. You do have to register though!
  • Suzz_2Suzz_2 Forumite
    154 posts
    BEWARE - if you have Orange Textsaver on your phone (5 free texts per day), doing this will CANCEL your text saver.

My boyfriend did it & his text saver's gone.  There's something in the terms & conditions for textsaver - saying it can't be used with any other offers.   Luckily he only had 2 months to run on the text saver.

If you've already done it - you can get a new text saver for £9.99 at The Link. This gives you £5 of call credit and 5 free texts per day for a year.
  • SmartasssSmartasss Forumite
    873 posts
    Suzz wrote:
    BEWARE - if you have Orange Textsaver on your phone (5 free texts per day), doing this will CANCEL your text saver

But Orange Textsaver is only for PAYG phones!

This thread is discussing getting the free texts for contract phones.

(The 30 free texts for PAYG phones is being discussed in this THREAD)

The warning is worth posting there, as posters are discussing combining the free texts with their textsaver plans now!
  • Be aware and check - you may have to cancel after the 1st month otherwise I imagine they will charge you £2 a month from then on - it is always worth checking. Offers like this rely on people carrying on and paying after the offer period by either getting used to the extra 30 and being happy to pay, or fogetting to cancel, or EVEN not knowing!

Hope this helps

Trev
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    BEWARE - if you have Orange Textsaver on your phone (5 free texts per day), doing this will CANCEL your text saver.

My boyfriend did it & his text saver's gone.  There's something in the terms & conditions for textsaver - saying it can't be used with any other offers.   Luckily he only had 2 months to run on the text saver.

This is not correct - the try text promition will NOT cancel your text saver, however, the problem is possibvly caused by a technicality regarding your message centre number, if you have orange text saver you need to change it to 00447973100979. Don't accept that the free texts have stopped - this isn't right, either call customer services or call into your local Orange store - it's something we can fix!

The 30 free texts is only one example of free services Orange give away, others are photo messages, WAP access, video messages, calling to abroad, calling from abroad (Europe 1) and more see https://www.orange.co.uk/try for more information.

Another tip - get a free european travel adaptor (in a stunning orange colour) from your local orange shop, just go in and ask for one.

Dan
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah - and all the free texts/anything else are valid for 30 days as of when they are activated.

Another one is to text 'Film' to 241 and you will get BOGOF at the cinema every wednesday - lasts for 5 yrs and only costs 10p for the text message (unfortunately, it doesn't come out of your free 30 texts!)
  • ler01kjhler01kjh Forumite
    164 posts
    So does anyone know whether you need to "cancel" after 30 days? or is it literally 30 free text and when its finished you're charged as usual?