Ebay + Payapl ? Payment made but seems dodgy

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
43 replies 2.1K views

Replies

• notagain wrote:
    IMO this'll turn into a stolen credit card scam. I await to be proven wrong. Positive feedback doesn't count at this stage. If its a credit card scam chances are the real owner will only know next week, or next month, depending when he gets his bill, then the chargeback will happen.

If this is your deduction then I suggest internet trading and ebay in particular are not for you. You have no evidence of any wrong doing apart from making a deduction on what he is buying.......:confused:
  • Matt`_5Matt`_5 Forumite
    812 Posts
    Hintza wrote:
    If this is your deduction then I suggest internet trading and ebay in particular are not for you. You have no evidence of any wrong doing apart from making a deduction on what he is buying.......:confused:

I have contacted the buyer asking a few questions, ill let you know how it goes.
  • I have a French buyer just now who has provided a different name/address on EBay and PayPal. Needless to say they will not be receiving the goods until I have a satisfactory reply to my query!
  • Matt,

I wouldn't bother sending it recorded, if the item is Seller Protection "illeligible" it offers no protection at all - only for elligible transactions does it need to be sent recorded if you think you will need to take advantage of the Seller Protection Policuy
  • masonicmasonic Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazza.mk wrote:
    I wouldn't bother sending it recorded, if the item is Seller Protection "illeligible" it offers no protection at all - only for elligible transactions does it need to be sent recorded if you think you will need to take advantage of the Seller Protection Policuy
    Even without seller protection, you will not lose a paypal chargeback for goods not received if you can provide the relevant tracking number to paypal. You are just not protected from credit card chargebacks.
  • jdee23jdee23 Forumite
    214 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Matt` wrote:

He is now no longer a registered user!!
    812 Posts
    Matthew, since the buyer is no longer registered on the eBay site, you
    may consider the transaction null and void. You can file for a Final
    Value Fee credit by taking the steps below:

1. Click on the "My eBay" link located at the top of any eBay page. You
    may be asked to sign in.

2. Under the "Related Links" section on the left side of the page, click
    on the "Dispute Console" link.

3. On your dispute console, click on the "View" link next to the item
    you wish to close.
    **IMPORTANT: Please ensure that there is a check mark indicating that
    the item is eligible for credit. If you close the dispute that is not
    yet eligible for credit, you will not receive a credit**

4. On the dispute page, click on "Close Dispute," and select the reason
    you are closing the dispute.

I dont see the item listed there :'(
  • masonicmasonic Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt` wrote:
    I dont see the item listed there :'(
    No dispute was started, was it? All you need do is refund the payment and you're off the hook. You will then need to open a dispute against the NARUed buyer if you wish to get your fees back.
    812 Posts
    masonic wrote:
    No dispute was started, was it? All you need do is refund the payment and you're off the hook. You will then need to open a dispute against the NARUed buyer if you wish to get your fees back.

I have given a refund and got all my fees back :D
  • Hintza wrote:

you were saying....................
    Originally Posted by richardjames73
    "They dont take money out of your account when they FEEL your balance is too low. It is at a pre-determined amount."
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals