edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
43 replies 2.1K views

Replies

• masonicmasonic Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt` wrote:
    When would be the best time to give a refund then?
    Paypal will allow the buyer to start a chargeback 7 days after paying. You should refund as soon as the buyer is suspended, and probably before those 7 days are up. If the buyer is not suspended by then, chances are they will be before a dispute is resolved, in which case, I'm sure it will default to finding in your favour.
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt` wrote:
    How would i do a "bidders sent me a wrong address" on eBay then?

Thanks again, i have decided to refund the payment and relist the item.

Please always follow correct ebay procedures and don't make false claims against another user. I can understand that you might be in a less than ideal situation but it can be resolved without you having to break ebay terms and conditions.

Soo
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • Matt`_5Matt`_5 Forumite
    812 Posts
    masonic wrote:
    Paypal will allow the buyer to start a chargeback 7 days after paying. You should refund as soon as the buyer is suspended, and probably before those 7 days are up. If the buyer is not suspended by then, chances are they will be before a dispute is resolved, in which case, I'm sure it will default to finding in your favour.

With the paypal fee's etc will i get them back as well? If a dispute does occur could i get back the listing fee's?

I want to relist the item, but he might buy that one as well :S
  • bleughbleugh Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Eh?, didnt I reply to this earlier?

Hmmmmm,

what happened?
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
    16.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt` wrote:
    With the paypal fee's etc will i get them back as well? If a dispute does occur could i get back the listing fee's?

I want to relist the item, but he might buy that one as well :S
    You cannot get your listings fees back if you pull out of the sale because of your suspicions. I think it's a fair price to pay in this situation. However, you should not have to pay any paypal fees if the payment is refunded.

You will be able to block your buyer from bidding in your other auctions, so it should not be a problem for you to relist. Remember, if you relist too early, that's another reason for your buyer to start a dispute, though.
  • This thread has got an hysterical tone to it. Check the name/address out on 192.com or give him/her a call if you like. But lets keep this in perspective.

If you don't send you can fully expect a strike and a negative!!
  • Matt`_5Matt`_5 Forumite
    812 Posts
    Hintza wrote:
    This thread has got an hysterical tone to it. Check the name/address out on 192.com or give him/her a call if you like. But lets keep this in perspective.

If you don't send you can fully expect a strike and a negative!!

Ok, so say i do send the item, will he not just try and file a claim back saying he didnt receive it when he did etc, then i would loose all of the money?
    16.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt` wrote:
    Ok, so say i do send the item, will he not just try and file a claim back saying he didnt receive it when he did etc, then i would loose all of the money?
    If you send it recorded delivery to the address supplied by paypal, then he cannot win a paypal chargeback for goods not received (unless it really isn't delivered). The only concern you should then have is a possible credit card chargeback for unauthorised use/goods not received (at credit card registered address), which is unlikely if his details check out. Of course, you don't know how he funded his payment.
  • IMO this'll turn into a stolen credit card scam. I await to be proven wrong. Positive feedback doesn't count at this stage. If its a credit card scam chances are the real owner will only know next week, or next month, depending when he gets his bill, then the chargeback will happen.
    Originally Posted by richardjames73
    "They dont take money out of your account when they FEEL your balance is too low. It is at a pre-determined amount."
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals