43 replies 2.1K views

Replies

• masonicmasonic Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt` wrote:
    So what do you recommend my actions be?

Now this person seems really dodgy but i have no idea what to do, i dont really want to loose out on the listing fee etc.
    What I said in #2 stands. You have to decide whether to risk it and potentially lose goods and money, or pull out and risk a strike, neg feedback and lost fees. I think I'd pull out.
  • All his auctions are paypal wins, 4 mobile phones rangeing from £80 to £120 in 6 days all via paypal. rest are mostly car service books and stamps.
    Don't send it. This has criminal written ALL over it.
    Originally Posted by richardjames73
    "They dont take money out of your account when they FEEL your balance is too low. It is at a pre-determined amount."
  • Matt`_5Matt`_5 Forumite
    812 Posts
    notagain wrote:

Oh and btw how do you get to pages like that about each user. Im sure i have come across all this before, but i find it hard to find pages on eBay
  • just make something up. the guys not going to dispute anything. say he lives in a country you're not prepared to ship to, or he wanted it sent to nigeria or something.

advanced search / item by bidder / include completed listings
    Originally Posted by richardjames73
    "They dont take money out of your account when they FEEL your balance is too low. It is at a pre-determined amount."
    812 Posts
    Question from thewadecollector
    this guy golfvw01 is a bogus bidder the quicker he is reported to ebay the quicker he will stop buying things check out what he has bought in the last few days inc from me

Thanks to this person too who i just received an email off.

I really dont get why people do this :S I hear all the time that people want to ship to nigeria etc :S
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt` wrote:
    Thanks to this person too who i just received an email off.

I really dont get why people do this :S I hear all the time that people want to ship to nigeria etc :S
    It sounds like if you play the waiting game, he will be suspended before he gets a chance to do anything harmful to you.
    812 Posts
    masonic wrote:
    It sounds like if you play the waiting game, he will be suspended before he gets a chance to do anything harmful to you.

So how is he paying for these things on PayPal then? How will he get his money back?
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt` wrote:
    So how is he paying for these things on PayPal then? How will he get his money back?
    If I was a gambling man, I'd wager he paid you through a credit card and will dispute the payment with his card issuer. Card issuer will reverse the payment, and paypal will deduct it from your account, along with a £7 fee for the trouble.
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might consider holding off on the refund front for now. You will have to give this person a refund if you do not send the item, but as soon as you do they will be able to start a non-performing seller complaint against you.
    812 Posts
    masonic wrote:
    I might consider holding off on the refund front for now. You will have to give this person a refund if you do not send the item, but as soon as you do they will be able to start a non-performing seller complaint against you.

When would be the best time to give a refund then?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals