A payment a day............

Options

Comments

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all
    Wow we're all feeling positive. Yay for us.

I actually spent ages just looking at all the smilies in FAL (Fag-Ash Lil)'s latest post. So inventive and it really made me laugh.

I'm on for the weight loss challenge. My scales stopped working about a month ago and I fondly believed that I wasn't putting on any weight. Got new battery yesterday and discovered that I'm half a stone heavier than I believed which is on top of the two stone too heavy I knew that I was!! If you see what I mean.

So back to the gym, off the booze and mostly following the Food Doctor diet except for the bizarre soups and the chocolate. I know this is shocking but I don't like chocolate. I do however love crisps, cheese, wine, cooking, baking, eating.....off to get a ticker thingy.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£465.00 (93%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£070.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• weebag
    weebag Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Had overpaid the SKYcard by £5, so they credited that to my bank, so £5 to Ulstercard today.

Weebag
  • Oh could I please join?

The only debt I have is my one credit card with all the balances transferred onto it. The current balance is £3013.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I made a payment yday of £60.

Instead of daily i think I will do it every week. Just thinking about the length of my statement if I did it daily!:rotfl:

But then I could have that "good" feeling everyday that I am tackling my massive balance :D

Hmm, am going to transfer £1.50 onto the card now. Does take a few days to get accross due to being different banks. Will get the BF to think about this too.

Thank you for a great challenge!!!

LMMS x
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • Just paid £1.70 off my cc. Rounded off my balance.

That's my good thing done for the day :):D

Time for a big smile and a :coffee:

LMMS x
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    njk0327 wrote: »
    Another £1.30 for me to egg today :rolleyes:
    Though i have finally reached the payout level for onepoll :j
    I was also very naughty last night i bet £2 of my free scratch card money on paid for ones which is a big NO NO i know but i won £25:j
    BT has also sent me a cheque refund for nearly £14
    So hopefully will have £81 to pay off my PAD really soon!:j
    Finally i think my luck is changing! just need a big lottery win now, lol
    I keep seeing this scratchcard thing in peoples sigs -can you advise please.
  • tomtombeanie
    Options
    welcome2.gif a big hello to all the newbies (hope i've remembered everyone!) - honest bob, 39forever, little miss moneysaver, private and confidential, and cooltrikerchick. have fun watching your debts decrease (or your savings increase!).

a pound from me today. however, very inspired by fresian's moneyboxes (LOVE LOVE LOVE the cow!! thanks for the pic! x), i have fashioned a homemade version for our pennies and 2p's as they don't go in my sealed pot which is just for the silver and better :D. what i really wanted was a margarine tub, but all mine are full of...margarine (or in the freezer) at the moment, so i have used a plastic pint pot drink.gifwith a piece of material over the top jam-jar style, secured with a rubber band and with a slit cut into the fabric. so it's easy to dip into but with it only being coppers i don't think anyone will bother...twocents.gif

yes, terri - made my decision about the gym. scrapping it altogether! yay me! we went for our last swim swim.gif at expensive gym today, which was nice but we can live without it. i never swam in the winter as a child (my parents, like lots of american households, do have an outdoor pool but really only swimmable from may/june time to end of august) so mine can make do with other activities until we get over there - yes, very excited for hols! when it gets a bit closer i may add a countdown to my signature.

i spent my christmas money today on a bike helmet, so that i can venture onto the roads in relative safety. may get one more no spend day in tomorrow, though, as not planning on going out, apart from to the park if the weather isn't too pants.

what's everyone got planned for tomorrow night? we're doing our usual "stay in with pizza, wine & dvd's" that we have enjoyed for a few years now...i want to watch mamma mia but DH says he will barricade himself upstairs if i put it on (miserable git!) so may have to rethink that one...or maybe not! :rotfl:
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We too are staying home and going to have a Wii tournament with the kids followed by watching Jools Holland/Fireworks on TV later on.

I was planning to use one of my M&S vouchers on their party food and wine deal but TBH there's probably enough stuff in the house already so I'm going to go through the cookbooks and put together a menu and enjoy cooking it. The impending diet is crystalising my mind.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£465.00 (93%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£070.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    penguin83 wrote: »
    Afternoon all, Ive made my 15.00 payment for today - cant wait to get rid of the MBNA card!

Good luck to everyone starting their weight loss challenges in Jan - theres a great SW thread on here and on the health board if anyone is following that plan.

Freisian - I love the piggy - where did you get him? x x

She was a present from my flatmate, and I spent a very happy hour painting her (The cow bank not the flatmate, who is a boy :D) the other night. I did see them when I was out and about doing my Christmas shopping, but I can't remember where...
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a good Christmas and got everything you wished for ......

I received a beautiful diamond and topaz eternity ring which was a complete surprise - just need the engagement and wedding ring to go with it :rotfl:. Seriously it is gorgeous and my DOH is not known for his romantic gestures :D

Also had Jamie O's cook book, which when I opened thought I would never use as am a reasonable cook, but found things in there that I have never made from scratch and eaten, they are usually binned and they are all so simply explained - like curries.:T

I have today organised the finances and home plans for 2009.

Debts, direct debits and Christmas 2009 savings are all listed in a spreadsheet.

We both have a spending diary.

We need a new garden shed, even the mice have left because it is too draughty and leaky.

Our bedroom needs a lick of paint and some new bedding/curtains and I will be happy that it is freshened up - (Perhaps this is where the engagement or wedding idea might come in useful:rotfl:- John Lewis vouchers please)

Kitchen needs a deep clean of all the unit fronts/doors and we could do with some new crockery - some of the plates have more chips than the local fish takeaway - more JL vouchers please.

Would like new blinds in en-suite - do JL sell these?
    When's the next Leap Year - it looks like I will have to propose :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

All the best for 2009

Gilly x
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Options
    This is so awesome! I'm new to the forum but have deffo found some great tips to get my butt in gear! Congratulations to everyone debt busting! I am so IN!

I'm aiming to pay off a £1 a day from the 1st January 2009 for each credit card - that's four cards in total! I never even thought to do it this way but certainly makes less grim!

Well done everyone and keep going! :D
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure