PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• Iona_Penny
    Iona_Penny Posts: 697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    45yr old working 30hrs for the NHS screening cervical smears (someone has to ! ) and knit scarves to raise money to send daughter to Peru in 2006!
    Have 18yr old son just left school and in negotiations about how much keep he should pay! and 14yr old daughter who manages money the best of all of us.
    Have been in deep do do in the past but feel back in control and reducing OD thanks to MSE.
    Just taken over very neglected allotment with friend and hope to have some crops this summer this year - dead excited !
  • HLK
    HLK Posts: 978 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Working Mum - MSE'er & Insomniac ! :D
    HLK

"Karma - it's a wonderful thing" - Just ask Earl!
  • gravitytolls
    gravitytolls Posts: 13,558 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: stay at home mum too. I have 7 children, 5mths - 15 yrs.

I may get some work when Ruby Belle goes to school in 5 yrs, but it would have to fit in with school hours.

My mum worked when I was young, and I missed her, and wished she didn't - not so many mothers did back then - so I really want to be with my children when they're at home, cooking nice meals, teaching baking etc.

On the down side, I have to occasionally iron and clean house:p , still youcan' have everything.

Apprentice Tycoon, I too ebay from time to time, but how do youamke a career out of it?
    Just hwere do full tiem sellers get stock from?

What do you sell?
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • MonkeyGirl
    MonkeyGirl Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not well enough to work due to my M.E so I help run a support website for people who also have M.E / CFS. If I'm well enough I help out at my local Brownies :). I also now browse this forum only found it a few days ago and now i'm addictied to it.
  • S3m4n71c
    S3m4n71c Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.....fascinating thread....I'm a 27 year old male psychology graduate who works as an Information Manager for the Probation Service.....currently on a research secondment investigating the link between MSE forum posting and finance related crime (joke!) :D
    */Never buy anything that has a handle, eats, needs painting, or has babies/*
  • beadysam
    beadysam Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    Textile artist, stay at home person, part of hubbys woodwork business, lousy housekeeper, future keeper of chickens, mystery shopper, owner of smelly Newfy, dreamer of cottge and land by the sea to run a small holding, disabled ex-RGN!

Sorry I can't think of anything else at the moment...

SAM x
  • bluesnice
    bluesnice Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.
    I'm a 33 year old second year student nurse. I really really enjoy it although its taken over my life and I don't have much time for hobbies etc. I'm also a qualified reflexologist, massage therapist and reiki healer although I dn't have the time and energy to practice these.

My ideal work/life balance would be to live in the country, work a couple of mornings a week at a racing stables riding out on the gallops, part time work as a nurse, have an allotment, a dog and chickens and starting a small family and cooking and baking at home etc. Maybe one day!!
    Saving money is fun :A
  • T4i
    T4i Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    25yr old Laboratory Technician. Trying my hardest to get into information technology but not getting right far without a piece of paper saying I can do it.

I have a 2yr old daughter (yay! 2yr old, oh the tantrums!)

.......and we are expecting another Daughter in Aug 2005. :j
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I'm a housewife/mystery shopper/sometimes office temp.
    Our goal is to have our mortgage paid off by the time my husband is 45 (Sept 2008) so that he can join me in "retirement" and we really hope the things we're learning on MSE will help us to achieve this.

I've found this thread fascinating - so many different people, lifestyles and goals, all using the sound advice here to get there.
  • kingfisher1961
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm 43 and married with two boys aged 9 and 6. Work part time as a supermarket cashier and when I'm not at work or doing the housework I'm on here. I should be ironing now but I really hate it.

Husband has just taken a big drop in income to do a less stressful job and we are down about £400 a month so we are learning to live within our means (fortunately we have no debts). I don't know what we did with all our money before but I suppose if you've got it you spend it don't you. Love all the ideas on here which are really helping me to cut the food budget to £40-£50 a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure