PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    31 year old mother of 2 girls, 9 and 7. 1 hubby, 2 cats, 1 parrot, several fish and half a ton of frogs. Self employed registered childminder with a few small charges dribbling around the place most days. :)
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm a 31 yr old SAHM, though all my children are at school now :o
    to 4. 3 girls ( 11, 10 & 6) and a boy (7). 1 dog and one ancient cat (22) and of course my hubby!
    Also go into High Schools and deliver sex and relationship presentations :eek:
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I am early 40's mum of 2 almost grown up children, (number 2 starts uni this year hence the user name, perhaps I should change it to almost skint LOL.) I work full time as a sales manager for a very large consumer electronics company, I work from home when I am not out visiting my customers. I am married to my second hubby we have been together for 15 years, he has retired from full time work.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Hi, my name is Curry_Queen and I'm an MSE addict :D

I'm 38, separated a long time but yet to be divorced, mother of 3 boys ... 20, 16, 12 ... but only keeper of one, my youngest :)

Been a jack of all trades in my time and can turn my hand to most things, but also a qualified veterinary nurse for 20+ years, although I haven't worked in any capacity for the last few years due to depression and agoraphobia.

I decided to take a complete career change a while ago and, subject to health, I'd eventually like to work with youth offenders, so I'm now in the slooow process of gaining a second degree
    via OU.

I'm also a huge animal lover, although I have nowhere near the amount of pets I used to have, but I still have two rather elderly cats that I bred myself (or rather my previous cats did!) and a varied collection of reptiles and arachnids ... but I'm still scared of spiders :eek:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• apple_mint
    apple_mint Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A forty-something mum working full time (main wage earner) with a hubby and 2 teenage kids. Thoroughly addicted to MSE as it is totally changing our lives. Now working hard to clear our debts and feel so much better because we are eating so healthily and cheaply.
    Enjoying an MSE OS life :D
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been a full time freelance writer for just under 10 years, but the irregularity of pay (can wait up to 2 years to be paid for a job) and my tendency to overspend have caused me to spiral back into debtdom. Had loads of CCJs 15+ yrs ago that I got rid of and clear of and want to avoid the same thing happening now. An eviction order is one of the worst things that can land on your doormat.

I go 'back to work' at the end of the month as a part time magazine and website editor. I applied for the job on a whim and never thought I'd get an interview, but the money and conditions are probably the best I could expect. Ever. Anywhere.

Am also battling with slight overweight and my fitness dropped following a minor car accident so am very interested in old style methods and tips.

Fortunately hubby covers stuff like the mortgage and other household costs but does give me housekeeping towards the shopping. I'm currently working to pay off my debt so I'm not enjoying it as much as I could - and I had to incur more debt to buy work clothes as I don't think my new boss would appreciate the leggings and sweatshirt look. :)

More details in Debt-Free Wannabe.
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    Hello - some of you I know, to all you others 'hi'.

I'm 23 and work full time in Public and Parliamentary Affairs for a well known professional Body. Prior to that I worked for the MOD after graduating from Uni.

However, in September I am going back to University to retrain as a Lawyer, so I can seel my soul to the corporate world!

Oh, and I also spent too much time on mse, when I should be working, but please don't tell my boss!!!!!!

:beer:
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Galtizz
    Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    :shhh: I'm Galtizz and I should be doing some work but I haven't done since last September :whistle: but if you don't tell I won't :silenced:

This site is just too damn addictive :D
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
  • MrsMW
    MrsMW Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to be one of the oldest old stylers, 59, but I have spent all my life making money stretch and I'm a Yorkshire lass and we like our brass here lol. I am married to my lovely second husband, I was widowed 10 years ago but am so lucky to have found another wonderful man. I no longer work, I am disabled with arthritis and can't walk much so I spend too much time on my computer and in between I cook and grow things in baskets and pots ( can't reach the ground ). I also do sewing, knitting, decorating and various crafts when I can be bothered which isn't very often these days. We also have a mad lurcher who is gorgeous.
  • HappySad
    HappySad Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Queenie. As you know I am new to all this posting messages.

I am a full time mother to my 19month old son. Before that I worked in the IT industry and I am very glad to be out of it. I would finding it harder and harder to keep up with all the lastest versions and addtions that were being made to the software product that I supported.

Being a full time mother is great. I also see my aims of trying to save money in every area of my life as a fun challenge.
    “…the ‘insatiability doctrine – we spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to make impressions that don’t last, on people we don’t care about.” Professor Tim Jackson

“The best things in life is not things"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport