PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• trixie888
    Options
    I am single mom of an 8 month old cute little boy. Working full time in an organization in The Netherlands.

Becoming a member here means trying to save myself from drowning with debts. And a fellow member redirected me to this forum category. She said it will help me.
    Salary Loan: $16,737.42; $ 14,099.64
    Credit Card1: $6,200.73;
    $ 4,846.11; $1,808.21
    Credit Card2: €1,357.07;
    € 365.97
    Sibling Loan: €2,066.77/$1,150.00 --- Friend Loan:
    €3000,00 - PAID ---Fiance Loan: €5000,00

Mission: To SAVE money but pay debts first. update as of: 13-11-2014
  • sevenswans
    Options
    Long-time lurker, first time poster (I just joined. Figured I'd lurked for long enough!)
    I'm in my very-late (sob) twenties, and live in a small semi with my cat. Currently working for myself (technically, though I'm not really earning at the moment) after having to give up my job due to ill health. Things are stable now so I'm dipping my toe in the world of self-employment - but as I'm currently living off savings and unlikely ever to make millions, this forum seemed like the ideal place to start!
  • CookingMama
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm also a long time lurker and just signed up! I live in the lakes district, have a lovely little boy age 4 and a gorgeous partner that works at Morrisons (meaning we do most good shopping there as staff discount makes it cheapest most of the time!) I work as a carer for a team that cares for the elderly, disabled and those with mental health issues in their own homes, it's very rewarding, but tiring and not great pay! That's one of the reasons that we need to try and watch the pennies along with the fact we private rent, could really do with saving for a morgatge deposit and the best reason of all - were expecting again! Have had so much inspiration on here, particularly the yummy meal ideas that don't cost alot! X
  • Ladyluck1
    Options
    Newbie here! :wave:
    I'm a stay at home mum/wife to 1 DS soon to be 2, baby girl due in November. Hubby works but in a pretty much minimum wage job.
    Struggling to get by at the moment after a huge housing benefit cut :(
    Very keen to learn the OS ways and also keen to start growing my own.
    I'm C, Mummy to DS 29/11/2010 and DD 02/11/2013

Overdraft PAID OFF
    CC PAID OFF
    GC Sept £141.17/200
  • Velja
    Velja Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all,

I reallylike this forum. I don't post much but I've recently became an avid reader of all tips on saving.

Me and OH both earn a good wage but never have any money. We need to start being frugal so I am looking for inspiration and advice!

I work long hours so I always start my week with good intention but they quickly disappear after another 10-12 hour day...

because I don't get to spend that much time with family and friends I feel guilty and when I do see them, I overcompensate by treating them all the time.

So I guess that's where my money goes :)
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome newbies...this is a lovely, warm site where help is always at hand

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • applecrumble24
    Options
    Hi all, i've lurked for a little while and just joined this week. I'm married with a toddler and a baby and need to start being more careful as I'm only going back to work for 1 day per week after mat leave. I've picked u some good ideas already so thankyou!
  • girlcalledpanda
    Options
    Hello! I've lurked for years (I get the e-mail) but thought I'd like to join in! I'm currently a SAHM to a 10 month old and I'm hoping to change careers which involves training, working for free and generally being skint so I thought I'd come here to get more ideas.
  • Peggybabcot
    Options
    Hi my name is Julie, not Peggy as my user name suggests. I'm 45, a self employed tailor (usually-long story) and I'm married (22 years :) ) with two teenage kids. In the past 9 years, due to being seriously ill our income is about 1/3 of what it was but we've managed to keep our home and our sanity even if our lifestyle has taken a tumble. I've found the OS board incredibly useful and very humbling at times, making me really appreciate what we do have. I love to cook and bake and all our meals are made from scratch, I make my own bread and satisfy my sweet tooth with homemade puddings. We STILL overspend on food but other than our bills this is our only expenditure as we rarely go out and we don't drink or smoke.
    When I'm not reading all the fantastic posts I'm either cooking, sewing or making cards. Because of a genetic neurological problem I don't go out much on my own but hey ho! I have a wonderful moggy called Tigger who I adore and he keeps me company.
    And finally, I'm a rare breed on the OS board as I LOVE Jamie Oliver lol and could watch him all day. Pukka! ;) x
    Grocery challenge June 2016
    £500/£516.04
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £500/£503.73
  • groovyb
    groovyb Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I'm Bernie, 29 years old, formerly a full time sales assistant in an entertainment store, now part time sales associate for a mobile phone network which gives me the time to be a carer to my disabled mother. I've read the forums for years but only plucked up the courage to start posting this past week! I've always tried to do things on a budget and with money being even tighter now cause I work less hours I need all the help I can get, have already picked up many useful tips from this site and the forums! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure