New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

'Home Bargains' Finds - Thread 3.

5.2K replies 1.5M views

Replies

• we got a toy simalar to tin can alley £6.99
    and a lunar jim view com toy with dvd £2.99
    they also had the lunar jim figures in the space bikes £3.99
    this was at ravensthorpe hb
  • ih8stressih8stress Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    In Doncaster today:

Oracle Fortune Teller Game 99p
    Post It Picture Paper (25 sheets) for inkjet printers 99p
    1 x Microfibre Cloth (3 different varieties) 39p
    3 x Microfibre Cloths 99p
    Make It - Playdoh in small dome 99p (I think)
    Insect Kits (with jars, tweezers etc.) 99p
    Puzzles, circular cards in metal tin 49p - 59p
  • I don't know if these have been mentioned before but I buy the following 2 items from Home Bargains as staples :-

18 pack of loo roll (the one in the dark blue packaging) for 2.99. brilliant value and good quality!

1.5L bottle of 'Ultra Non Bio Washing Liquid' (HB's own brand i think) for 1.99. This is fabulous stuff - I use about 1/2 to 2/3 of what they recommend. On an average of 4-5 washes a week this lasts me 2 months :). Oh and my partner gets pretty severe ezcema and this does not irritate his skin :T
  • Ravenshorpe today:
    Green and Blacks organic cookies - 89p
    Bible Stories projector book - £1.99
    Cube world £3.99
    Spi dog £3.99
    Rosanna boxed plates and mugs
    Electric juicer - one where you put the whole fruit into it - £30 (i think - it could be cheaper)
    Vivo aquarium - £40
    Various pirates of the carribbean stuff - swords, figures
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • crutchescrutches Forumite
    1.1K posts
    I found the new home bargains in Bangor gwynedd today and my husband was laughing at me for saying oh good,another thread that i can read!
    Every day above ground is a good one ;)
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • SaveitSaveit Forumite
    609 posts
    Gateshead Home Bargains have 12 Nouvelle toilet rolls for £2.49, I also got 3 Kitchen rolls for 59p. Cadburys highlights hot chocolate, six pack 79p and some really good birthday cards for 29p each. Nescafe Brazillia 200 grams for £1.99
    I hope that is of help to someone.
  • k66k66 Forumite
    351 posts
    Look out for Ronseal sprayable fencing product at £3.99 for 5 litres.
    Bought 2 in dark oak.
    :hello:
  • In Burslem today (btw a nice spacious new store, but doesn't sell alchol)

Green and Blacks flapjack biscuits 89p (rrp £2.49ish)
    (have tested one and can confirm they are yum!:D)
    Diddy baskets of Belgium chocolates 99p (rrp £2.99)
    Leap frog floor puzzle £1.99 (rrp £12ish)
    Leappad carry cases £1.99 (I think - didn't get one)
    Pataks Bombay crackers 19p

Also had a large selection of nice looking cushions between £2.99 and £3.99
  • Saveit wrote: »
    Nescafe Brazillia 200 grams for £1.99

I've bought this from hb & I find it pretty nasty stuff. I've used about 30g of it at work (with marvel) and it's just sat there in the locker now. I will definately throw it away next time I'm at work & most likely replace it with aldis gold blend equivalent at £2.49/200g :)
    desrever sthgir lla
  • abijanzoabijanzo Forumite
    857 posts
    crutches wrote: »
    I found the new home bargains in Bangor gwynedd today and my husband was laughing at me for saying oh good,another thread that i can read!
    LOL I found it too and that's just what I was thinking! Wow it was busy when we went (twice!) but such a fantastic shop - loads of bargains for the family and kiddies - love it!!:j
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support