New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

'Home Bargains' Finds - Thread 3.

5.2K replies 1.5M views

Replies

• TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    They had the books and wand in Bradford at the weekend - I am hearing that wand in my sleep!!!!! Might have to take the battery out! Good bargain though.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • sb44sb44 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Spuds wrote: »
    Last week they had very large (bigger than A3) art canvases for £1.99. Great for kids - do the background in emulsion and then paint with cheap acrylic paint sets which are £1 at the Works.

I got one of these for my 9 year old daughter last week.

She is in the process of printing lots of Hannah Montana pictures off the internet and pasting them onto it to make a collage, looks quite good actually.

:)

• Lots of Harry Potter action figures 99p each in Widnes today.
  • milkmilk Forumite
    473 posts
    Today I got some Yankee candle Pot pouri refresher for 39p each. Really happy with this as one matches the pot pouri I already have.

Also saw the sainsbury writing pads for 10p but not the envelopes as already mention.

Oh this is in Hartlepool Store
  • mhemhe Forumite
    418 posts
    Lots of Harry Potter action figures 99p each in Widnes today.

Wheres the HB in Widnes? - do you mean that little shop that always has bowls and stuff outside it oppositet the old Barclays bank? Is that a HB? Its not on the website. If it is itll save me driving to St helens although the one by aldi in st helens is really well stocked and always worth a visit!
    "With no money you start to discover your own inner resource" GK Chesterton
    2 adults, 3 children
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • mhe wrote: »
    Wheres the HB in Widnes? - do you mean that little shop that always has bowls and stuff outside it oppositet the old Barclays bank? Is that a HB? Its not on the website. If it is itll save me driving to St helens although the one by aldi in st helens is really well stocked and always worth a visit!

I think it's actually called Quality Save? They always have the same stock lines and prices as HB so I think it's part of the chain, could be wrong though :o

Anyway, I think it's on Albert Road. There's a Clarks and Woolworths and a Boots etc. on the same road. I always park by Morrisons, walk through Greenoaks and have a mooch before going back to Morrisons for my groceries.
  • emujuiceemujuice Forumite
    930 posts
    Johntea wrote: »
    In the Bradford store, they had 8 way surge protectors for £9.99.

The difference? 6 of the sockets are remote controlled meaning all us lazy people can still be lazy and save power at the same time :j

These sound good - anyone seen them in Sheffield?
    Thanks
  • mum25_2mum25_2 Forumite
    31 posts
    10 Posts
    Dewsbury home bargains had spi dog for £3.99 today & junior 20Q for £3.99 & Lazy Town & Luna Jim annuals for 59p.
  • andrione1andrione1 Forumite
    451 posts
    Mum25 wrote: »
    Dewsbury home bargains had spi dog for £3.99 today & junior 20Q for £3.99 & Lazy Town & Luna Jim annuals for 59p.

can anyone recommend the spi dog? i want to get one next week but don't know if they are any good.
    thanks in advance.
  • emujuiceemujuice Forumite
    930 posts
    Mum25 wrote: »

all in hillsbro, sheffield branch, plus disney books and the surge protector/remote extension leads. (similar to: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/partNumber/0461618.htm but with remote control)
    plus some nice pinks/sweet williams (£1 for 6 healthy plants)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support