New Post Advanced Search

'Home Bargains' Finds - Thread 3.

5.2K replies 1.5M views

Replies

• TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    They had the books and wand in Bradford at the weekend - I am hearing that wand in my sleep!!!!! Might have to take the battery out! Good bargain though.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • sb44sb44 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Spuds wrote: »
    Last week they had very large (bigger than A3) art canvases for £1.99. Great for kids - do the background in emulsion and then paint with cheap acrylic paint sets which are £1 at the Works.

I got one of these for my 9 year old daughter last week.

She is in the process of printing lots of Hannah Montana pictures off the internet and pasting them onto it to make a collage, looks quite good actually.

:)

• Lots of Harry Potter action figures 99p each in Widnes today.
  • milkmilk Forumite
    473 posts
    Today I got some Yankee candle Pot pouri refresher for 39p each. Really happy with this as one matches the pot pouri I already have.

Also saw the sainsbury writing pads for 10p but not the envelopes as already mention.

Oh this is in Hartlepool Store
  • mhemhe Forumite
    418 posts
    Lots of Harry Potter action figures 99p each in Widnes today.

Wheres the HB in Widnes? - do you mean that little shop that always has bowls and stuff outside it oppositet the old Barclays bank? Is that a HB? Its not on the website. If it is itll save me driving to St helens although the one by aldi in st helens is really well stocked and always worth a visit!
    "With no money you start to discover your own inner resource" GK Chesterton
    2 adults, 3 children
  • mhe wrote: »
    Wheres the HB in Widnes? - do you mean that little shop that always has bowls and stuff outside it oppositet the old Barclays bank? Is that a HB? Its not on the website. If it is itll save me driving to St helens although the one by aldi in st helens is really well stocked and always worth a visit!

I think it's actually called Quality Save? They always have the same stock lines and prices as HB so I think it's part of the chain, could be wrong though :o

Anyway, I think it's on Albert Road. There's a Clarks and Woolworths and a Boots etc. on the same road. I always park by Morrisons, walk through Greenoaks and have a mooch before going back to Morrisons for my groceries.
  • emujuiceemujuice Forumite
    930 posts
    Johntea wrote: »
    In the Bradford store, they had 8 way surge protectors for £9.99.

The difference? 6 of the sockets are remote controlled meaning all us lazy people can still be lazy and save power at the same time :j

These sound good - anyone seen them in Sheffield?
    Thanks
  • mum25_2mum25_2 Forumite
    31 posts
    10 Posts
    Dewsbury home bargains had spi dog for £3.99 today & junior 20Q for £3.99 & Lazy Town & Luna Jim annuals for 59p.
  • andrione1andrione1 Forumite
    451 posts
    Mum25 wrote: »
    Dewsbury home bargains had spi dog for £3.99 today & junior 20Q for £3.99 & Lazy Town & Luna Jim annuals for 59p.

can anyone recommend the spi dog? i want to get one next week but don't know if they are any good.
    thanks in advance.
  • emujuiceemujuice Forumite
    930 posts
    Mum25 wrote: »

all in hillsbro, sheffield branch, plus disney books and the surge protector/remote extension leads. (similar to: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/partNumber/0461618.htm but with remote control)
    plus some nice pinks/sweet williams (£1 for 6 healthy plants)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support