Options

Comments

• LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 July 2017 at 3:56PM
    Options
    It's all about the nuts :) From Union Street, Glasgow:

Natco Honey Roasted Peanuts (with raisins, honeycomb and chocolate) 160g, Amoy Stir Fry Sauce Peanut Satay 120g/109ml.

Also saw a reappearance* of those L'Oreal lipglosses I mentioned much earlier in the thread, a few times http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71390600#6638 (example). I noticed a few of the same shades - not sure how old that would make the stock?
    VQbD9cJ.jpg?1
    *just like the Burt's Bees lip balms that are in this Poundland and most of the local ones near me.

Edit: I've just noticed that older Poundland post of mine ^^ has the awful Caffe Italia Coffee in the photo - I used to buy it for a friend, and had never tried it. Well, I've actually tasted it now, and it is DISGUSTING. Probably the worst ground coffee ever.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Edit: I've just noticed that older Poundland post of mine ^^ has the awful Caffe Italia Coffee in the photo - I used to buy it for a friend, and had never tried it. Well, I've actually tasted it now, and it is DISGUSTING. Probably the worst ground coffee ever.

It is just a matter of personal taste, I guess, unless you were particularly unlucky. My husband liked to have a strong coffee to start his day and was very pleased with the Caffe Italia I would often bring home.
  • LouLou
    edited 9 July 2017 at 2:48PM
    Options
    I can't verify this myself as it's not mentioned on their website though just saw on HUKD that Poundland are currently selling Frank Cooper's Original Oxford marmalade. This may also be store specific.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/454g-frank-cooper-s-original-oxford-marmalade-1-poundland-2731790
    I'm such a lemming. I picked some up in Argyle Street, Glasgow last night. Though my favourite-favourite is Rose's Lemon And Lime Marmalade :p

Also, thanks for the comment about the Spin Pins, DigForVictory - after seeing this video, I think even this hairdressing dunce could use them! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qngf8eXsrzQ (the open end goes into your hair)

Looks idiot-proof (unfortunately I gave mine away, but I will buy some for myself later today).

Here's some more Spin Pin (p)inspiration: https://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/easy-hairstyles-with-spin-pins

Edit: About the Frank Cooper's Marmalade - xstrata on HUKD has mentioned it comes with a sticker - "Lacking In Peel And Floating Peel" and speculates that they may be Seconds (?). Mine has the sticker, too.
    FFXXRKq.jpg?1
  • LouLou
    Options
    No idea if these have been in Poundland for ages, but, saw these in Argyle Street, Glasgow yesterday.

Skin Beauty Effervescent Fizz Vitamin C With Hyaluronic Acid And Collagen, 1 A Day, 20 Tabs, 80g. "Silken Apple" Flavour (whatever that is!) :)
    LxsAoeo.jpg?1Y5x0cow.jpg?1
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Amoy Stir Fry Sauce Peanut Satay 120g/109ml.

FYI these are 99p in Tesco
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=265817786
  • Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Guylian milk chocolate seashell truffle bars - pack of 4 x 30g bars. In a blue packaging and says 3 + 1 free
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No idea if these have been in Poundland for ages, but, saw these in Argyle Street, Glasgow yesterday.

Skin Beauty Effervescent Fizz Vitamin C With Hyaluronic Acid And Collagen, 1 A Day, 20 Tabs, 80g. "Silken Apple" Flavour (whatever that is!) :)
    LxsAoeo.jpg?1Y5x0cow.jpg?1
    The last time I bought Vit C tabs (for those very rare days when fresh fruit is out of reach) they were 75p for 20 at Aldi. Even then, just 1/4 of a tablet is enough (she says in MSE way).

As for the hyaluronic acid and collagen....sorry, but these do not survive the acid in the stomach. So offer no benefit.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • defairmans
    defairmans Posts: 962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I saw a few new items in my Poundland in East Anglia today.

Black spray on temporary tattoos with three stencils

Disney princess hair clips

Soft or hard brush full size broom

3 pack of exfoliating mits of different sizes but seemed a bit soft

Solar changing colour bubble tube

Reeses rounds
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Poundland in Finchley does white chocolate toblerone which I've only found abroad before. DH and DS are delighted!
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 July 2017 at 2:09PM
    Options
    Been after some magazine holders. Today poundland had some very pretty elegant ones. Black, white, pink and gold stripes or dots.

Look fancy and much better than the neon pink, yellow and green offerings.

Not on the website and being lazy can't be bothered to take a photo:rotfl:

Also this book 51jXtzGkhgL._SX309_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg bought as a pressie and also this cd audio book 51SkLaLBO5L._SX480_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgwhich I will donate to the library when I have finished with it.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport