Options

Comments

• LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 June 2017 at 7:23PM
    Options
    Here's some bits from Trongate, Glasgow Poundland:

6 x 12g Tyrrell's Sweet & Salty Popcorn, Tasty Snack Co. Honey Roasted Peanuts 95g (bit of a modest bag but I wanted to try them), Cadbury's Mello's With Raspberry Flavour Jam 120g (2 for £1).
    25ldUW3.jpg
    Also got 4 x PVC Tape (not pictured, but it's the Tommy Walsh branded cardboard hanging pack - electrical tape).
  • littlereddevil
    littlereddevil Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Isn't this just aqueous cream, that has been available in every pharmacy for generations?

For a pound? And SLS free?
    travelover
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2017 at 11:49PM
    Options
    Just to report, the aquamax cream cleared up the admittedly small patches of eczema on my hand over the weekend. Been using it as a hand cream over the last few days and my hands are softer than they have been in ages, obviously everyone's different but I'd recommend trying this if you have sensitive skin. (Obviously anything major get checked out by the Docs)
    Booo!!!
  • All_eBayed_Out
    All_eBayed_Out Posts: 1,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Reeses sticks (king size) 85g scanning at 50p (not any other Reeses)

and

Disney Frozen 200 cotton buds in round plastic container scanning 50p
    Whether we win or lose,
    that we played at all was a winning decision. :D
    2011 wins £12,292
    2012 wins ...
    Thank you to all who post on here!!!! :A
  • LouLou
    Options
    The Aquamax Cream is also in Argyle Street as well as Union Street, for any Weegies looking for this (was in both yesterday evening).

The Honey coated Cashews are lovely, I'll definitely buy those again.
  • CuddlesTC
    CuddlesTC Posts: 148 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 June 2017 at 2:37PM
    Options
    Violetta wrote: »
    Just to report, the aquamax cream cleared up the admittedly small patches of eczema on my hand over the weekend. Been using it as a hand cream over the last few days and my hands are softer than they have been in ages, obviously everyone's different but I'd recommend trying this if you have sensitive skin. (Obviously anything major get checked out by the Docs)

Thanks for the review - I've been going through a terrible attack of eczema, and am struggling to find something suitable for day-time use (everything seems to be either so greasy i can't grip my pen or so tacky I stick to my mouse), so I think I'll give up waiting for the free sample and pop down to see if my branch has any.
  • princesse_sarah_x
    Options
    My eczema was terrible last year all over my face and body, but I discovered Dr Organic range at Holland & Barrett from a review online for eczema and now it's practically gone, just get abit in my arm folds/behind knees when it's hot. It's not the cheapest but when bought on the buy one get one half price offer it's not too bad! I use the body lotion/souffle, and face creams. They have travel size of the body lotion for about £2 so it would be worth a try! I can't stand the feeling of the thick emollient creams/aqueous creams and they never seemed to help me. I've tried most of the ranges now and I think the manuka honey, argan oil and olive oil ranges are best, it's worth a try :T sorry to jump on the poundland thread but I recommend this to everyone when I read the word eczema :o
  • LouLou
    edited 24 June 2017 at 9:49PM
    Options
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow: Fox's Viennese Milk Chocolate Dipped Fingers 135g, seems to be £1.50 elsewhere:
    https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Biscuits/Foxs_Viennese_Milk_Chocolate_Dipped_Fingers_135g.html
    HVRLAAP.jpg?1
    Sigh, no idea why the URL keeps pasting as "h tml" (with a space) - if you want to see the link, copy/paste it without.
  • LouLou
    edited 1 July 2017 at 1:27PM
    Options
    Some things from Trongate, Glasgow Poundland, about half an hour ago:

I Love Reading Phonics George The Genius Gerbil and I Love Reading Phonics The Cemetery Dance (comes in different Levels, explains each on the back of the book).
    The Tasty Snack Co Sesame Caramel Nuts 200g (enjoyed the smaller Honey Cashews packet last week, so giving these a try), USB Plug* (charges at 1.2A), Allura 2 x Styling Spin Pins.

These were 50p each: 4 x Hair Spirals (Butterfly Design) and 2 x Crocodile Clips (Flower/Swirls Design).
    kvFhFlI.jpg?1
    Also saw the Hot Wheels Star Wars cars in this store, took a sneaky photo:
    LVepg8P.jpg
    *If anyone is curious/concerned, bigclive on Youtube tests these (the one I bought is the "striped" plug): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvSX7JkYNZw

Edit: The picture of the hair items isn't that great, here's a close up (took during the daytime): http://i.imgur.com/2aAx8yf.jpg

Poundland also sells a set of hair spirals in these designs, pearls, stars, (in silver, though, and also the sort of metal studs you see on biker's jackets) https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dd/8f/8f/dd8f8fe172bf161db23f7ef2a9ba2570.jpg
  • LouLou
    edited 1 July 2017 at 10:09PM
    Options
    Some of this is standard Poundland fare, but may be of use to someone. Argyle Street, Glasgow about an hour ago:

My Little Pony Cutie Magic Socks, Paddy's Bathroom Squirty Stuff - Smells Like Squishy Mangoes - Body Wash 200ml (was at the Baby/Toddler section),
    Makeup Gallery Powder Puffs x 5 (took one out!), 3 Clear Claw Clips (also in Black), Tommee Tippee Essentials Cherry Soother (6-18m - other ages/colours available), 4 Tortoiseshell Hair Clips, Millie "ice lolly" Hair Clips x 6, #flashmob Hair Mascara & Highlight Chalks 10.2ml, 6g.
    Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Lotus Complex + Colour Protect Intensive Mask (With UV Filter), 200ml.

Didn't see any diamante hair accessories in there, alas.
    tkQ7jkT.jpg?1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure