Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• twink22
    twink22 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    The staines branch had packs of 6 (4 + 2 free) galaxy 46g chocolate bars in today!
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2012 at 7:34PM
    Options
    Today I found some lovely cupcake boxes & cellophane gift bags instore.

They had packs of 6 packflat cupcake boxes in blue with pink spots, or pink with pink square spots. Each had a cellophane window.

Also a floral 4 cupcake holder box, with window, 4 hole cut out holder, & cake wraps.

And packs of 20 clear cellophane bags, with opaque bubble design, & red velvet ribbons.

All lovely for wedding favours, party bags, teacher presents or just because. I somewhere have a Lakeland mould to make Xmas chocolates, & have made them as teacher presents before, but the bags would be equally nice to fill with sweets for party bags, cheaper own brand chocolate shells etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, i know this poundland, but 99p store had a poster on their window displaying loads of union jack stuff
  • cheekylilbint86
    Options
    Hi Cheeky, Have you got the tote bags with the union jack on, the trays and the oven glove?
    I tried at westwoodx today but no luck. Only had the tote bag with the queen on, bunting, cake tier, cake decorations, rugs - two types, flags, blowers, mugs, cushion covers , can't remember what else.
    Not sure wether to make a trip over to Canterbury in case you have more stuff in?
    :)

I'm sorry hun, we don't have them either. :( I think basically someone has gone through everything with a Union Jack on that Poundland has ever sold and stuck it on the website for the Jubilee page, whether we are currently stocking it or not.I'm not sure if we will be getting any other items in but you lot will be the first ones to know if I find anything out :) xx
  • savykate
    savykate Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    cheekylilbint86, thanks so much for your info about the jubilee stock! I run a youth group and we're hosting an indoor street party to raise money for their residential trip. bought 6 lots of bunting, 6 cupcake stands and 3 packs of party blowers. hoping to find plates and napkins soon. got 2 of the cushion covers and a teatowel for me because they're LOVELY. :D wouldn't have been able to get all the stuff soon if it wasn't for your tip for us all :)
    :jGoals for 2015:j
    Win £2015 in 2015: £304.08/£2015
    Reach goal for house deposit
    Reach 11st (4.5lbs to go)
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    If anyone can't find the jubilimpics :) stuff in £land, try wilkinsons. They have plates, cups, napkins, bunting, paper chain kits with a really lovely logo. It's 2012 with the 0 as the London eye, and the 1 as a Queen's guard.[STRIKE] So much better then the official Olympics graffiti rubbish[/STRIKE]
  • spinynorman
    spinynorman Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the Romford Liberty branch I found most of the diecast TRON vehicles. Don't really know what the deal with these was, but they seemed to be taped on one side of the blister pack so could have been opened prior to sale :-/
    Light cycles in short supply though and perhaps two of the set not on the rack.
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sooz wrote: »
    If anyone can't find the jubilimpics :) stuff in £land, try wilkinsons. They have plates, cups, napkins, bunting, paper chain kits with a really lovely logo. It's 2012 with the 0 as the London eye, and the 1 as a Queen's guard.[STRIKE] So much better then the official Olympics graffiti rubbish[/STRIKE]

I bought the Wilkinsons bunting today - so much nicer than the Poundshop ones.
  • sandersjake16
    sandersjake16 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    Hey this has probably been mentioned, but i bought the hair dye some poundlands stock and it worked just as well as nice n easy/ loreal etc. Thought it might cause a reaction or discolouring but all went great :) I'll be using this from now on as its nearly a fiver a time cheaper
  • cheekylilbint86
    Options
    Hello peeps,as promised a Jubilee stock update!On todays delivery we had Union Jack tablecloths,oven gloves,napkins, cups, baseball caps, boxer shorts, earphones, water bottles and money tins.No Union Jack plates yet but we did get some 8 inch red and blue shiny paper plates in.Hope this is helpful to some of you xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback