Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• MrsShawToBe
    MrsShawToBe Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't realise stores could order specific things in... every time I have asked if they have something, they just look in the back and say 'afraid not'. Never been offered for them to order it in!

May ring up tomorrow and ask them to order me in a wedding postbox :)
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do not think they would order it in I think they couls do a stock check for other, local stores and let you know where the item you are after is available in stock.
  • cheekylilbint86
    Options
    A wedding postbox??I'm sorry hun but I've never seen one of those on the order system.I don't even know what it is!Gettingready, in our store we check to see if we have something in stock,if we don't we check to see if it's available to order and if it is we'll order it in, hopefully staff in the other Poundland stores will do the same xx
  • kerrymay
    kerrymay Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your reply cheeky. No, they didn't offer to order any - the girl said that not all stores get the asme stock so just because you see it on the website doesn't mean they will get it in. I would have bought about 10 and I did check the party section but definitely none there. Will keep lookimg. Thanks for all the useful posts on here. I never used to be a poundland shopper but it's the first shop I head to now!!
  • MrsShawToBe
    Options
    They're not like a postbox, sort of a cream box with a hole in the top where you can put the cards in.

I can't see anything about it on the site, but people on ukbride have got them :) just no stores round me at all have them!

xx
  • MrsShawToBe
    Options
    like this:

359wlmu.jpg

that is the one someone on ukbride got from poundland

if its under a different section, please let me know!

xx
  • cheekylilbint86
    Options
    I've never seen them on our order screens and I've been working on and ordering for the party section for about a year now.Will definitely let you know if I see them on there though MrsShawToBe xx
    Kerrymay I'm so unimpressed with the service you're getting in your local store.They're right that just because it's on the website doesn't mean all the stores will have them but the fact that they are on the ordering system means that all the stores are ABLE to order them.I would suggest speaking to the manager and asking him/her to order them in for you.Maybe mention that someone in a different Poundland store has done so for you in the past xx
  • MrsShawToBe
    Options
    thanks cheeky. i know for a fact someone got it in poundland so dont know why you cant see them :( just a huge bargain at £1 for it! i dont know if they will be under a different section :( xx
  • orangemonkey
    orangemonkey Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone seen any of the waterproof pouches instore (or in e 99p stores?) I've seen them around last year but cant seem to find it this year. It's basically the pouches to put your camera/electronics/things you wanna keep dry. I'm gg on holiday to the beach soon and would love it to keep the sand off my electronics.
  • cheekylilbint86
    Options
    Orangemonkey they'll be in the travel section which will either be on the Seasonal aisle or on an end somewhere.Canterbury store has the ones for MP3 players with a headphones connection xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback