Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• cheekylilbint86
    Options
    http://www.poundland.co.uk/top-tips/diamond-jubilee/ We don't have all this stuff ut the stuff I've mentioned is on here if anyone wants a sneak peek xx
  • muffin_man_7
    Options
    Bought some bubbles from Poundland today (six bottles in a pack) for possibly putting on tables at our wedding.

They are rubbish! When you blow no bubbles come out.

Avoid!

Sorry Poundland!

when my kids were little i used to refill the bubble bottles with diluted washing up liquid maybe you could add a little squirt tothe botte give it a mix and ..................hopefully lots of bubbles hth
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • funnyfreckle
    Options
    They'll be with the hair accessories hun, the girls haven't put them out yet in Canterbury though.Got our Jubilee stuff in today and I'll be putting it out on Tuesday hopefully if I don't get stuck on the till.We have red,white and blue tinsel, square Union Jack bunting,triangular Union Jack bunting, 3packs of Union Jack flags, commemorative plates, commemorative shopping bags, Union Jack 3 tier cupcake stands, inflatable crowns and Union Jack cupcake accessories kits (cake cases and paper decorations on cocktail sticks) xx

Thanks for this - I'm after the Jubilee plates and cups for crafts for our Toddler group. I was going to go in to Reading on Monday to look but do you think most shops won't put them out until Tuesday?
    Has anybody seen the Babyliss clips in Reading - I couldn't find any in Bracknell.
    Thankyou
  • Mrs_Dizzy
    Mrs_Dizzy Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    when my kids were little i used to refill the bubble bottles with diluted washing up liquid maybe you could add a little squirt tothe botte give it a mix and ..................hopefully lots of bubbles hth
    I've tried to do with bubble pots recently & it doesn't seem to work anymore I dont think they put the same stuff in that makes the bubbles like they used to:(
  • sasha2000_uk
    Options
    Been to Maidstone one today and they had lots of sets of Pony in my Pockets.
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly I want to thank everyone for posting their finds. I can't see the wood for the trees when I go instore there is so much stuff.
    I picked up the cupcake boxes today, they were in the party section in my store near the invites/thank you cards.
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 95p shop (at the moment we have 5p off everything due to a 99p shop opening next door) in Chelmsley Wood had a cardboard display of Scholastic Horrible/Horrid Histories DVD's (Rotten Romans, Vile Victorians etc) I managed to find 9 different ones. I didnt buy in the end when I realised that each one was only 23 minutes long but may be of use to someone. I also may be going back to get them if they are still there.

They had the Babyliss hair accessories (three in a pack) but only a few packets and I could not see the cupcake boxes.
  • cheekylilbint86
    Options
    Hi guys the Jubilee "launch" is May 1st so most stores will start putting their stock out then I think, that's when the gondola ends get changed over.If you live in a touristy town like I do you might want to be quick as anything with a Union Jack on it is likely to fly off the shelves.At the moment we don't have any cups or plates for the Jubilee but I did get some red,white and blue straws so I'm hoping the rest of the disposable tableware will be coming in on Tuesday's delivery xx
  • ajuk
    ajuk Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    They have AGFA Vista 200 in my Local, it's rebranded Superia 200. Superia 200 is the same emulsion as Fuji Press 200, a pro film, just without the special handling, so at that price it's a bargain.

Poundworld near me also has Fuji Inkjet paper in 6x4" I was pretty shocked to see that, then I went back and they had it A4 :o
    Hi guys the Jubilee "launch" is May 1st so most stores will start putting their stock out then I think, that's when the gondola ends get changed over.If you live in a touristy town like I do you might want to be quick as anything with a Union Jack on it is likely to fly off the shelves.At the moment we don't have any cups or plates for the Jubilee but I did get some red,white and blue straws so I'm hoping the rest of the disposable tableware will be coming in on Tuesday's delivery xx
    When will it be all gone, so I know how long to avoid the place for! :p
  • louise3965
    louise3965 Posts: 687 Forumite
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Obviously I can't be sure it's the same in every store, but I found mine in amongst the medicines section.

Not sure my skin likes it (Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel). It reminded me a bit of Vaseline (!) though I can't say I'm someone who ever uses primer. I'm usually just a moisturiser/concealer/loose face powder person. Maybe I used too much..not sure!

Did your makeup stay on longer though? It does feel a bit odd when you put it on but it makes my skin feel soft and my foundation stays on all day!
    Cogito ergo sum. Google it you lazy sod !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback