Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• Carriannelouise
    Options
    twiz21 wrote: »
    Mine which I bought last year was useless as like yours the clips didn't stay locked.

This new one looks very different.

after a nasty incident with a cake i made for a friends ill mum i binned my old one the clips were hopeless. i might try one of these new ones and just be very careful with it! x
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to OP

Note* This is for your whites wash only. There is another kind for colour wash stain removal.

I stumbled across the "Ariel stain remover & whitening powder" 6 x 60g sachets in Edinburgh St James branch 24-1-12.

I would add fabric conditioner or I imagine towels will be like cardboard when they dry :D

So we get 12 stain whitening washes for £1 which I think is pretty good price for a premium brand

If anyone has tried other Poundland brands which work out more cost effective and work as well as Ariel please chime in :)
    Thank's for your helpful advice think I will try this for my daughters school shirt's, we always use liquid, the fairy one because of sensitive skin but I think her shirt's need brightening up, don't use fabric conditioner on towel's though it cut's their drying ability's.
    Booo!!!
  • yazzine
    yazzine Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    my mum normally puts in the detergent, bleach (thick) and the ariel whitener and her whites are a thing to see on the washing line! Dad's a builder who likes white, brother is on the football team.
  • yazzine
    Options
    Thanks to OP

I would add fabric conditioner or I imagine towels will be like cardboard when they dry :D

I use the liquid / powder (dependant on offer) on my towels with out conditioner and they still come out soft and they dry as normal.

HTH :)
  • warpcorechicken
    Options
    yazzine wrote: »
    I use the liquid / powder (dependant on offer) on my towels with out conditioner and they still come out soft and they dry as normal.

HTH :)

How do you dry your towels? Outside on the line, tumble drier, or in the drying cupboard cause like me you have no other option :)

Line fresh towels and towels tumbled are always nice n soft fabric conditioner or no fabric conditioner. Also I think it depends on how well a washing machine does it's job washing and, especially rinsing the detergents away at the end.

But I do agree with the absorbency problem if fabric conditioner used on "certain towels".

Strange but true. My cheap white bath towels conditioned with cheap ASDA smart concentrated fabric conditioner are soft and very absorbent. But my coloured bath sheet towels just don't work when fabric conditioner used? Just move the water around your skin. Premium brand fabric conditioners are terrible for it.

Anyway, laundry class over for the night. I was in Poundland again yesterday and they had loads of the Ariel sachets both for colour clothes and whites. Stock up.
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In the Woking shop saw robbie williams CD - I've been expecting you.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • yazzine
    Options
    How do you dry your towels? Outside on the line, tumble drier, or in the drying cupboard cause like me you have no other option :)

At the moment I have the heating on for an hour in the morning and the same for the evening so I hang the towels in the bathroom with the door closed, then once the heating is off and the heaters are just warm I put the towels directly on the heaters.

As to the quality - I don't know the towels from TKMAX @ £20 each dry out the same as the £12 full set baught from the market.:)
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Lyclear Mousse + metal comb. 100ml. Short date till July but it'll keep in the cupboard incase of an emergency.

I took the last on the shelf in Sheffield but at £11.22 in BOOTS!! well worth getting one.

http://www.boots.com/en/Lyclear-Mousse-Comb-100ml_1116713/
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Options
    V.Lucky wrote: »
    Wonder if seller is curious about number of views, 559 now!
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Lyclear Mousse + metal comb. 100ml. Short date till July but it'll keep in the cupboard incase of an emergency.

I took the last on the shelf in Sheffield but at £11.22 in BOOTS!! well worth getting one.

http://www.boots.com/en/Lyclear-Mousse-Comb-100ml_1116713/

Great find. DD got head lice during her first month at secondary school, I used conditioner every day to get rid of it because I cant afford to spend £11 on the mousse but will look out for it in Poundland, thanks.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback