Magazine offers - DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

Options

Comments

• Jools123
    Options
    Has anyone found a special offer for either Prima or Psychologies magazine?
    Thanks
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jools123 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a special offer for either Prima or Psychologies magazine?
    Thanks

Keep an eye on psychologies- in early november I picked up 6 issues for £6 but now its gone back up to 6 issues for £12. The link for the site ishttp://www.magazine-group.co.uk/magazine/womens-interest/general/psychologies

HTH
  • astraldreamer
    Options
    Hi,

I'm looking to do a gift subscription to Digital Photo mag and was pleased to have found a 3 for £3 offer to do (as it seems to be a pricey mag!) http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/displayitem.asp?sid=3257&id=22638&custid=16@12@200855678@449849207&setext=magazine

I'd like buy it through Quidco, but am a bit worried about whether it's going to track okay or not. The above link goes directly to the offer, but when I click through from Quidco, nothing shows as being in my basket. I also can't seem to find that same offer again by searching on the GreatMagazines website - you have to paste the link in.

For those of you with experience of using Quidco and GreatMagazines, do things track okay or do I need to do something to make it track? I'm reluctant to miss out on the Quidco bonus!

Many thanks for your help.
  • shona_2
    shona_2 Posts: 467 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    does anyone know how it works when you take out a mag sub using Clubcard points?
    I think they send a form, but was wondering whether you'll still get a free gift - I noticed that on this website, for examples there's lots of freebies - is there any way yo get both? http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    shona wrote: »
    Hi
    does anyone know how it works when you take out a mag sub using Clubcard points?
    I think they send a form, but was wondering whether you'll still get a free gift - I noticed that on this website, for examples there's lots of freebies - is there any way yo get both? http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk
    If you take out a clubcard subscription, they send a form, you send it back, and in a month or twos time (it does tend to take a long time) the magazines start coming.

I've never received any initial gifts when taking out a mag sub with Clubcard. I've mainly stopped taking out magazine subs with clubcard for this reason, but some never seem to have good offers, e.g. home magazines, so I use my points for those ones.

Some magazines send the gifts that you get with the actual magazines, e.g. if they have a free umbrella attached to the front, but some don't for subscriptions. There is a list on another thread that shows which subscriptions send out the cover gifts: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=455046
  • alrewas
    alrewas Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    i've used clubcard for a gift subscription, sent eveything off 3rd week in nov. As yet I have not had any acknowledgment. Should i get something off them to give to the recipient or do the mags just start turning up without warning?
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I'm looking to do a gift subscription to Digital Photo mag and was pleased to have found a 3 for £3 offer to do (as it seems to be a pricey mag!) http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/store/displayitem.asp?sid=3257&id=22638&custid=16@12@200855678@449849207&setext=magazine

I'd like buy it through Quidco, but am a bit worried about whether it's going to track okay or not. The above link goes directly to the offer, but when I click through from Quidco, nothing shows as being in my basket. I also can't seem to find that same offer again by searching on the GreatMagazines website - you have to paste the link in.

For those of you with experience of using Quidco and GreatMagazines, do things track okay or do I need to do something to make it track? I'm reluctant to miss out on the Quidco bonus!

Many thanks for your help.
    If you don't go directly through quidco, then it is unlikely to pay out. I've just had a try going through quidco to Great Magazines, and also can't find the 3 for £3 offer that way. The best offer I could see was a free reflector and £11.99 for quarterly DD. It says minimum 12 months sub, but up to you whether you cancel your DD after the first one has gone out and hope for the best.

I've done quite a few magazine group subscriptions through quidco. Most have paid out, some have been declined. I've got one that I took out in August that is still sitting in tracked, but has not paid out, so wonder if anyone else has had similar waits for a payout?
  • vickster*arsenal
    Options
    I'm still looking for a good offer on "Essentials" magazine if anyone knows of one...

Received a few of my free gifts lately - Hugo Boss Femme with Tatler magazine, L'Oreal gift where one item had been discontinued, so they sent replacement and new £11 lipstick in it's place as an apology! Oh and I subscribed to FHM for my OH, and was due to get an xbox 360, Rainbox 6 Vegas. I've just moved house so changed my address online, and then emailed them to make sure magazine also sent to new address...and now I've ended up with 2 copies of the xbox game!!!
    :heart: I have this theory that chocolate slows down the ageing process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance? :heart:
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    alrewas wrote: »
    i've used clubcard for a gift subscription, sent eveything off 3rd week in nov. As yet I have not had any acknowledgment. Should i get something off them to give to the recipient or do the mags just start turning up without warning?

Same here - I did 2 subs and not had anything back for either. I'm sure I'd had confirmation letters for the ones I've done previously. I have written in a card for the recipients, but they don't seem very on the ball this time of year.
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • holly1080
    Options
    Hi guys this is my first post after being a secret viewer for years!

Sorry if its been asked already (i have done searches) but i was thinking of getting the Glamour Magazine subscription through a Quidco site. None of them show a free gift. The actual magazine is showing a perfume so i might wait until there next offer anyway as I wont use that one. Does anyone know if they send the free gifts if they are not actually advertised anywhere on the subscription sites?

And i was also wondering do you still get the free gifts from the cover of each individual magazine as you would in the shops?

Thanks for any advice!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure