Is OH being unreasonable?

Options
124»

Comments

• *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    emma12345 wrote: »
    OH says he'll slit his throat if he has to take a day off work to look after his children because I'm not well.

And you're asking if he's being unreasonable? :confused:

You know the answer to that question.

No grown man who loves and cares for his partner and children would ever comeo out with a comment like that.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    You used the words yourself, he is using you. I was once in a very short relationship where I felt used and its really horrible.

Dont think you cant get a job if there is no-one to look after the kids. Just get the job and take each day as it comes. Kids arent sick that often and you might be able to make alternative arrangements.

Hope you feel better soon x
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Pinkylouloubell
    Options
    OMG, what a total utter PIG you OH is.

Tell him to sort his life out and show you some respect.
    we all have bad times/stressful days but honestly who does he think he is!!!

I bet he gets really bad man-flu??

Big Big hugs to you.

Did you know you can take Ibiprofen and paracetemol together and try the bonjela and clove oil.

XXX
    [STRIKE]September 2009 - £11000 owed, its gonna be hard going[/STRIKE]!:T

[STRIKE]Halifax - £500[/STRIKE] :T
    [STRIKE]Halifax - £2500[/STRIKE] :T
    Halifax - [STRIKE]£8000[/STRIKE]. £4000 as of March 2014
  • maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    Options
    But he hasn't changed.
    they never do
    do they
    no matter what you put up with or how hard you try !
    There isn't always a way out either
    Hugs to you
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • pollyanna_2-2
    Options
    sounds like he has major mental issues. ok even if he was under pressure from work not to take time off it is still totally unreasonable behavior. why couldent of he said "i dont think i will be able to" there was no need for the tantrum.
    Also if you live together then you and your children shouldent be going short of money when he is stashing away over 400 quid. money coming into the house should be a joint decision of how it is saved and spent.

if you havent booted him out yet you need to talk with him about how unreasonable his behavior is, but i bet he thinks YOU are the one that is being unreasonable, if it was me i would be sending him to the doc's if he refuses to cooperate i can only see that you have no choice but to go seperate ways for your own sake
  • bebebelle
    bebebelle Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Options
    If you have taken this man back, for the sake of the Children.

I would like to speak for the children, as my mother did this too. I would have rather lived in a happy home with one stable parent, and eat 9p beans on toast every night,than have holidays,toys,sky tv,etc etc, and live in a nightmare of dysfunction that will scar me for life.

Belle x
    I appreciate Each and Every win. I thank every comp poster from the bottom of my heart :A
  • mumoftwins
    mumoftwins Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    Options
    When I was married to the twins father I had to call him home from work one day as I really wasn't at all well - the twins were about 8 weeks old. He came home and I went to bed and slept for a few hours. When I got up I found my next door neighbour sitting in the lounge feeding the twins!!! Ex had called her and asked her to come round and babysit so he could go back to work!!!!!:eek:

I have had that awful toothache too (had tooth out a week later as couldn't afford root canal treatment) and he carried on as normal. Luckily my Mum was staying so she helped out.

Please, please do consider what he does/doesn't do and how he treats you. You deserve better than this and you will survive on your own with the children - they will be much happier with one happy parent than two arguing. And what example is he setting them - not a good one :mad: .

REMEMBER YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE - ENJOY IT!!
    Christians Against Poverty - www.capuk.org
  • Bettyboop
    Bettyboop Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you are okay. I have been through similar. I moved back to our joint home with our kids and sadly everthing is as it was before! Some people believe that once a couple split up for dishonesty and adultry reasons that we women should not give these men another chance! I am really not sure what to suggest for your aching tooth as the time I had this it was extracted the same day. Thinking of you.

For God knew in His great wisdom

That he couldn't be everywhere,
    So he put His little Children
    In a loving mother's care.
  • FluffyFiFi
    Options
    I was must reading through this thread and was wondering how things were now time has moved on. Please can we have an up-date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure