Lloyds TSB Debit Card

Options
I've just asked for a new debit card from Lloyds because the one I have now, doesn't seem to like me using chip and PIN, and in nearly every shop I've used it in in the past week has made me sign for a purchase. That was weird for me as I first got a debit card after the chip and PIN roll out.

But anyway. When I was on the phone, I was asked what name I want on the card. I chose my full name, but without Mr. I hate being called Mr. Could I have chosen anything to go on the card as my name?

Also, have Lloyds TSB started issuing olympic sponsorship cards yet? Obviously the Beijing games start in 8 days, so after that London is then the official olympic city until the games finish in 2012. This would make me think that the cards might start to be issued soon. I know there was a thread on here a while ago with pictures of 2 of the proposed designs. Does anyone know if there is anywhere to go to find more images of possible designs?

Thank you.;)

Comments

• ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    With regards to the sponsorship cards, these are not definitely going to be produced; the pictures posted here were from a survey about them, so these cards (or something similar) may or may not be released depending on the public response.

In my view, Lloyds would have very little to gain from having 2012 branded debit cards, not least because of the (unfairly, IMHO) negative reaction to the games, and the cost of producing new cards that will in all likelihood expire long before the 2012 games arrive.
  • mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 986 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JPizzle wrote: »
    When I was on the phone, I was asked what name I want on the card. I chose my full name, but without Mr. I hate being called Mr. Could I have chosen anything to go on the card as my name?
    No.

You could have had Mr <SURNAME>, Mr <FIRST NAME> <SURNAME>, Mr <FIRST NAME> <MIDDLE NAME> <SURNAME> and then the same again without the 'Mr' and then the same again using only the first initial of first name / middle name or a combination of both.

The LTSB computer system will technically let the staff members input anything into the card personalisation field, but for obvious reasons, the staff member wouldn't do this.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • username
    username Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to bump this old thread up, but I can confirm that Lloyds are indeed producing these 2012 branded cards, although they look nothing like the designs in one of the other threads. Where I work, I've had a few customers give them to me today - my manager even has one, she got hers recently when she lost her card. The ones I have seen are green in colour - maybe they vary for the types of card?
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options
    username wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this old thread up, but I can confirm that Lloyds are indeed producing these 2012 branded cards, although they look nothing like the designs in one of the other threads. Where I work, I've had a few customers give them to me today - my manager even has one, she got hers recently when she lost her card. The ones I have seen are green in colour - maybe they vary for the types of card?

as a llloyds customer can i have one sorry im a card nerd
  • username
    username Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know - why don't you phone up lloyds and ask for a new card, saying yours is damaged or something and take your chances if you are really that desperate to get one?
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Olympics Branded Debit Cards are being handed out with new Student Accounts...

Limited Edition Lloyds TSB 2012 Olympics branded debit card
    We’re a proud sponsor of the London 2012 Games. Through this partnership we will be supporting and inspiring people on the journey to 2012 and beyond. Use your card almost anywhere in the world—at over 27 million outlets and 1 million ATMs, and to make payments over the phone and internet.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I have got a new 2012 branded card today.

Just to answer OP 's original post - do you think your PIN was locked? - this would be a reason why you are being asked to sign for your transactions.
    The card might be ok.
  • JPizzle
    JPizzle Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    I have got a new 2012 branded card today.

Just to answer OP 's original post - do you think your PIN was locked? - this would be a reason why you are being asked to sign for your transactions.
    The card might be ok.

I've been away for a week, and I didn't look at the date you asked this, so it may be a bit of a belated reply.

I don't think my PIN was locked, I have always got it right. I think it may have been damaged, but, you never know, perhaps it was because I was trying to use it in my Barclays PINsentry and broke it.

How would one know if it is locked?
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JPizzle wrote: »
    I've been away for a week, and I didn't look at the date you asked this, so it may be a bit of a belated reply.

I don't think my PIN was locked, I have always got it right. I think it may have been damaged, but, you never know, perhaps it was because I was trying to use it in my Barclays PINsentry and broke it.

How would one know if it is locked?
    ...Because it don't work anymore??
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    The only sure way would have been to take it to an ATM and tried to unlock the pin.
    If the machine did unlock it then it was locked - if you get the message card cannot be unlocked then it probably isn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure