Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• philnicandevan
    Options
    Does anyone have the current address for Natwest Credit Controller, or know whom we write to if the details on my Credit File regarding them are incorrect?

Many thanks in advance

Try this one....

Data Controller Natwest Bank PLC
    135 Bishopsgate
    London
    EC2M 3UR
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • LoveLifeAgain
    Options
    I gave it 6 months post BR then sent my £2 for the credit reports from Experian, Equifax and Callcredit.

They are all correct except for one thing and that is under the links they all have me at "999 Any Road, Mytown" and the Source of link is Arrow Global Ltd, with a earliest and last confirmation date of July 2011, years before my BR. Nothing to show that anything is or has been owed. This address is in the City I live in but totally unknown to me and I looked up on the 192 and there is no one there or has been there that I have heard of.

Should I write to Arrow Global and send them a photocopy of the pages from each credit file showing this and asking them to explain. Also should I send a copy of my letter to Arrow to Experian, Equifax and Callcredit or should they have their own letter to correct as well.

I would be most grateful for any help, it is really bugging me and thank you for patiently reading.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety". - Benjamin Franklin
  • LancsLad_2
    Options
    I'm trying to help a family member, who went into voluntary bankruptcy on 6/11/12, was discharged 6/11/13, and is managing to improve her position steadily.

a) Her Noddle credit rating shows errors in some banks' default dates, ranging from 10 days to 3 months AFTER the bankruptcy of 6/11/12 - which would unfairly prolong her recovery.

b) The latest report shows 'DF' against every single month, up to and including August 2016. Is this correct, or after the bankruptcy should it show 'Settled'?

c) Also, some banks are listed under the report's 'Open Accounts' section, whereas surely they were closed by the bankruptcy? Does this matter?

I will use MSE draft letters (thanks!) to contact the relevant banks, but my question first is "which of the above should we complain about - just (a) above or (b) and (c) as well?" Also, do we need to check Experian & Equifax as well as Noddle?

Very grateful for any help offered.
  • elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LancsLad wrote: »
    I'm trying to help a family member, who went into voluntary bankruptcy on 6/11/12, was discharged 6/11/13, and is managing to improve her position steadily.

a) Her Noddle credit rating shows errors in some banks' default dates, ranging from 10 days to 3 months AFTER the bankruptcy of 6/11/12 - which would unfairly prolong her recovery.

b) The latest report shows 'DF' against every single month, up to and including August 2016. Is this correct, or after the bankruptcy should it show 'Settled'?

c) Also, some banks are listed under the report's 'Open Accounts' section, whereas surely they were closed by the bankruptcy? Does this matter?

I will use MSE draft letters (thanks!) to contact the relevant banks, but my question first is "which of the above should we complain about - just (a) above or (b) and (c) as well?" Also, do we need to check Experian & Equifax as well as Noddle?

Very grateful for any help offered.

I just wondered if anyone could answer LancsLad's query above, especially points b and c. I've been trying to clean up mine and still have 2 open pre-bankruptcy accounts showing. Should these now be in the 'closed' section?

I've written to firstdirect and barclaycard who are still in the 'open' tab with DF showing every month still. Firstdirect tell me they wrote to the CRAs a couple of years ago so I need to take that up with noddle. I haven't had an answer from Barclaycard. I understand that guidance is that it should show default as no later than bankruptcy date but not really sure what that means. Every month since bankruptcy date? Or what should show in the months following bankrupt date? And should these now be in the closed section? or what? Sorry, still haven't quite got my head round all this - I thought I had but obviously not! I was bankrupt in Sept 2014.

Thanks

EJ
  • paddyisis
    Options
    Hi, I'm hoping someone can help...
    I'm in the process of trying to clean up my credit files after being made bankrupt in March 2014 and discharged in March 2015. I have a couple of issues....

My Equifax isn't showing any record of bankruptcy, Noddle is and I'm awaiting my Experian report. Is this normal and will it affect anything ?

On Equifax I have several records which are showing the correct default date but are still showing as defaulted and still showing a default balance, should I be following the clean up procedures with regards to these accounts ? Are they obliged to show a £0 balance and status of satisfied/partially satisfied/

Many thanks in anticipation
    :rotfl:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Equifax should show it, which indicates there is something wrong there. Somehow not matching the data you gave to get the report with your BR record.

Yes, they should show satisfied with zero balance. Complain.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • milkwood7
    Options
    Hello,
    Hope you can help, I was made Bankrupt in October 2013 and discharged a year later, lately I have started to clean up my credit file and noticed defaults or settled dates later than October 2013 which I believe is incorrect, so I sent letters to the creditors asking them to amend them:

Santander: showing default after Bankruptcy
    Lloyds: Showing default after bankruptcy
    Vanquis : Showing default after bankruptcy
    Barclaycard : Showing settled after bankruptcy

So I sent all the relevant documents to all of them with only Santander responding with a letter, Vanquis amended the file straight away however this is my issue, they have marked it settled but its a year after my bankruptcy?? so on the discharge date, Santander have now done the same thing? is this correct, I thought it was from the date of the order??

With regards to Lloyds and Barclaycard I will have to chase them as I have heard nothing, has anyone had a similar issue??

Thanks
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    What they should do....

Default date = date of bankruptcy order, or before.

Satisfaction/settlement date = date of discharge (i.e. one year after bankruptcy order in most cases).

So sounds as if the have it correct?

The default date is the important bit, as it all comes off 6 years from that. No matter what the settlement date is.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • folkestonelisa
    Options
    Hi, I'm at the final hurdle of clearing hubbies file up, but wanted to check. I have a tti spec acount that on Noodle is under the close section. However, the default date and account end date are correct but the boxes underneath showing the d's for defaults are showing as defaulted up until January 2016. Does this make any difference?
  • Apple08
    Options
    Can anyone help me?

I was BR Aug 2011 discharged Aug 2012.

I've paid £70 had my discharge certificate from court and sent a recorded delivery letter to my former creditors.Sine BR I have married and moved. So enclosed in my letter I supplied my marriage certificate original BR order from 2011. Discharge letter from the OR from 2012 and my recently purchased Cert of discharge from court.

Lloyds have replied and said they've made the changes.

Halifax have not acknowledged my letter and just sent a change of address form to go to the branch with ?.....

Barclycard have not responded.

I sent my letters to the customer service dept FAO Credit Control Officer.

Can anyone give me the address for the CCO of Halifax and Barclycard please?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback