Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Great news. It's little steps until it all goes and you get something decent +ve built up, but every little helps. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • kevtgil
    Options
    I got made bankrupt in December 2009,January 2015 followed this forums advice to clean my credit file up.The main file being Nat west,,sen't the letters that was on this forum,Last January,Natwest incourse removed all reports showing clean credit report, InJanuary 2016 I did a check, all through 2015 my file was clean,doing a check using Noodle and Natwest had put them back on.Reissued the letters,Natwest removed the files,Noodle showing they have all gone,March 12 2016,just done a check Natwest have reappeared,What is the next step to clear these if there is a one or is this Noodle . thank you
  • fermi
    Options
    Make another complaint, saying that it is now not only on the date of the default etc, but that Natwest keep re-instating the incorrect data.

Demand that they update their systems to suppress the information being put back on, otherwise you will have no choice to take them to the FOS and may seek a court order.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Mr_Bojangles_3
    Options
    I was declared bankrupt on April 1st (quite an apt date) 2010. So next week my 6 years will be up, and I've just checked my credit report at noddle. Whilst some debts show as satisfied 22/09/2010 (this was my discharge date), 2 debts show as being satisfied several years later as can be seen below

2016-03-27_1.png

Will these not disappear from my file until their 6th year anniversary? I have previously sent letters to these companies to correct the information a few years ago, but obviously they havent done so. Is there anything else I can do to get them to correct the information?

Can anyone confirm these addresses as being correct for the data controllers please?
    Arrow Global Jordans Company Secretaries Limited
    20-22 Bedford Row
    London
    WC1R 4JS

Lloyds TSB
    25 Gresham Street
    London
    [FONT=&quot]EC2V 7HN[/FONT]

Thanks
    Graham
  • fermi
    Options
    They will be removed 6 years from the original default date, no matter what.

The satisfaction or updated to date make snot difference to that.

• Mr_Bojangles_3
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    They will be removed 6 years from the original default date, no matter what.

The satisfaction or updated to date make snot difference to that.

Thanks Fermi, think I need to write to Arrow Global, they have the default date as 27/05/2011 and Lloyds have it as 28/04/2010 which I can live with.
  • fermi
    Options
    Yes, that definitely needs correcting

• diddly74
    diddly74 Posts: 821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys

Question for you - My BR fell off my credit report this month (BR date 15/3/2010) but despite this I have 3 accounts showing as open but I dispute this. First is a Lloyds account which states its open with £0, but when I spoke to the bank they said that I couldn't use my account even tho I'm discharged and free of BR now. Secondly there are 2 Orange accounts which say were opened in 2009, recorded in Feb 2016 as being up to date but have balances (£54 and £85) but are not Defaulted just labelled as FCS Flag: FCS disconnected. Can someone help me with what this actually means to my credit report in "real" life, so I need to get this changed???

Thanks

Donna
    Donna
    Economy; careful management; providence. Whether you call it thrifty or frugality it all comes down to getting more for your money.
  • CoffeeBean_2
    Options
    Hi
    I am in the process of cleaning up my file (BR March 2014 , IPA until 2017). I was surprised to see my Equifax account as Fair. Ive started writing letters about the defaulted files so fingers crossed.
    I have also applied for a Vanquis CC and have been accepted! It is purely to help boost my rating and I will be using it once a month for fuel and then paying it off. The scary thing was they were trying to give me cash advances. Unbelievable. The answer was most definitely no.
    Thanks for all the help on this forum. I can see the light now.
  • Chorlton74
    Options
    How do. i applied for BR on April 10th 2010. i've just had a look on noddle and all that is left on it, is what i use now. It states that my nationwide bank and my vodafone account are up to date. it then states that i have a santander account, which i stopped using on BR, however it has one field that says an account is up to date with £0 balance, but then another field stating that i have a santander account that is £773 and is defaulting. it states that these were both updated on 21/3/16. will this default disappear on the next update (as i assume it would take me well past 10/4/16) or do i have to contact Santander or somebody else to get this removed? im over the 6 years now, so where does this now leave me? my credit score at the moment is 527, will this now change seeing as im over the 6 years, as i can only assume this santander `default`, isn't doing any favours to my score. any help greatly appreciated.

thanks again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure