Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• Nattster
    Options
    Hi

I'm in the process of writing to the Data Controllers of all my creditors, post bankruptcy, in order to clean my credit file up. I just have one question.

Some of my debt shows 'unsettled' in each of the hands that it has passed through since I became bankrupt. I have an account with Barclaycard showing as 'default' on my credit report, I also have an account with 'PCO Holdco sarl' showing as 'default' - however, both relate to the same debt. Am I to write to the Data Controller for both Barclaycard AND PCO, or just one of them?

Thanks
  • morrison836
    Options
    I have a Default on my credit file for £300, lowell financial has contacted me expressing I owe £775, its an 02 default from last year, any ideas on how this could be so different?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have a Default on my credit file for £300, lowell financial has contacted me expressing I owe £775, its an 02 default from last year, any ideas on how this could be so different?

Have you asked for a breakdown ?
  • nervousandready
    Options
    Hi,
    I had the same thing with Barclaycard Debt -the PCO Sarl is a company in Luxembourg that bought the debt from Barclaycard. This is managed by a company in Northern Ireland called Watch Portofolio Management - there is a phone number on their web site. They are extremely helpful - I spoke with them, emailed them the BR order and the discharge doc and they have forwarded to the credit agencies and these are now showing as being settled and not in default. it really couldn't have been any easier. Good luck!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Nattster wrote: »
    Hi

I'm in the process of writing to the Data Controllers of all my creditors, post bankruptcy, in order to clean my credit file up. I just have one question.

Some of my debt shows 'unsettled' in each of the hands that it has passed through since I became bankrupt. I have an account with Barclaycard showing as 'default' on my credit report, I also have an account with 'PCO Holdco sarl' showing as 'default' - however, both relate to the same debt. Am I to write to the Data Controller for both Barclaycard AND PCO, or just one of them?

Thanks

If the data reported by both needs correcting, then yes, both to make sure.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • debtdawg
    debtdawg Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Watch Portfolio Management wrote to all the credit reference agencies within a week of being contacted regarding bankruptcy debt still showing as outstanding (Barclaycard/PCO Sarl) . Lloyds however want a bankruptcy discharge certificate before they'll mark the bankruptcy debt as settled.
  • fermi
    Options
    If you can't get the certificate from the court for free, then you can get confirmation of discharge free from the OR.

email [EMAIL="discharge.queries@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk"]discharge.queries@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL] with the request, giving full name, date of birth, current and previous address, national insurance number and court reference number

Tell Lloyds that this is more than enough official confirmation of your discharge, and that if they still refuse to correct your credit files in the face of this, then you will be taking the matter to the FOS and ICO.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• debtdawg
    debtdawg Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Fermi :)
  • folkestonelisa
    Options
    Thanks for all this great advice. I'm just doing my husbands as he's been discharged 2 years and some are still showing as defaulted every month. The problem I have is that I don't have any account details for his credit cards. Can I send the letters, just with our address?. Will he be found on their system?

Thanks in anticipation :j:j
  • fermi
    Options
    In theory it should be OK. It's implausible that a lender would not be able to locate an account from name/address details that they are reporting to the CRAs

I would include a copy of the credit file entry with whatever ref number there is on that.

OR should have details of whatever account numbers etc they were given at the time, if push comes to shove.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback