Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• dj2015
    dj2015 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    madaleigh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was wondering if one of you experts could help me out.

I went into bankruptcy in 2012 and discharged a year later. Most of my creditors disappeared from my file after some time, however some have remained on there.

I guess my first question is, is this normal for some to stay and some to go?

The ones remaining all have default dates in 2012 (i've only checked Noddle so far), so will they just disappear from the file 6 years after that date, or do I need to raise a dispute?

Thanks in advance :)

I'd be interested in this too as my mortgage lender disappeared along with a couple of credit cards. I've been told it's possible that the debt is being sold and just hasn't been updated yet. But if its not that I find it strange that entries just disappear.
  • newburykid
    Options
    We sent letters to Lloyds last week, including all the relevant information & letters that they need. Had a letter today asking us to send it again as they haven't received it.

Called them up and they have said that they do have it but because the date doesn't match up that they won't change our default status to settled.

We were declared bankrupt in june 2009 and discharged in June 2010.

The person I spoke to kept saying he couldn't do anything about it and he said that the department that deals with it don't have telephones.

Do I have to wait 28 days before I refer them to the IC & FOS? Really p***ed off with them
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    What date doesn't match up?

You can give the FOS a call and ask them to write on your behalf now.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    If you’d like us to contact them for you, just get in touch.

A letter from the FOS may get the idiots to listen.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Stan72
    Stan72 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on this everyone. Sainsbury's cleaned up their entry following a second letter, called to apologise and sent me £50 compensation.
  • fermi
    Options
    Good result. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• dettelibre
    dettelibre Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2015 at 5:04PM
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]well its a thumbs up from me, I think my credit file is finally correct

I had 12 accounts on the credit file, which 9 months post discharge were still incorrectly showing as defaults

sent letters to all in Feb 2015, at the same time registered with Equifax online and kept updating the report when I had a credit alert change, some updated in a couple of weeks, others took longer. Cancelled before 30 days but I still receive alerts for 6 months, well done Equifax, even paid me £9 via topcashback too!

a few companies I ha[FONT=&quot]d[/FONT] to sent 3 letters, Cahoot and Link Financial, who were both very slow

3-4 months down the line I received a credit alert today, logged in to Equifax and showed the last 3 link financial accounts as partially settled, yeah!

ive not updated the file as Equifax want £4.95 (rip off) but my Noodle file updates in a few days, so all being well it w[FONT=&quot]i[/FONT]ll show link financial as satisfied.[/FONT]
  • fermi
    Options
    Good news. :) Thanks.

• dettelibre
    dettelibre Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 14 June 2015 at 3:20PM
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]to give a further update, checked on Noddle at the start of June and all was showing correct, now I ha[FONT=&quot]d[/FONT] 2 credit cards and one [FONT=&quot]basic[/FONT] account (coop) showing as live and nice green letters, experian and equifax showing the same so all good, although Noodle [FONT=&quot]was[/FONT] still showing as 1/5 rating, i.e. shot to pieces!

I though it was worth looking at credit rebuilding cards, [FONT=&quot]A[/FONT]qua only gave me 10% chance of acceptance on the MSE eligibility calculator, I thought what the hell lets give it a go, my file is not exactly great with the BK on it. [FONT=&quot]F[/FONT]illed in the details and Aqua said they will be in touch with a decision, on Saturday a nice letter with a shiny new credit card and 900 limit comes through the post- the Aqua Reward.

Moral of the story is check you credit files a few months post discharge and contact all the banks to ensure all the defaults are marked as partially settled and then its worth applying.

I now have 3 credit cards Lloyds (this was pre-BK card but they never closed it- probably as it had no balance on it), Vanquis (who gave a credit card during my BK[FONT=&quot]- what silly people![/FONT]) and Aqua all with low limits, (100, 500, 900) but im paying off the balance in full and rebuilding my credit.[/FONT]
  • jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been reading this thread with much interest and have got my letters etc to send off. I have discovered however that NPower have got my down as missing 5 payments this year! This is incorrect as (long story) they never sent me a bill for previous address and have wiped the balance. Who do I write to to get it corrected? Anyone got the data controller for NPower address, I cant find it, and its really annoying me!
    Thanks, J x
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So having checked all my files, Experian have given me a score of 773, equfax 339 and noddle 537. All my entries are wrong and im sending the letters with discharge today, recorded delivery. Will phone NPower today, always a joy! Still dont have the address if anyone knows it?
    What I dont understand is why the scores are so different? They all have the same info but vary enormouly. Is that normal?
    Thanks, J x
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback