Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• AnnaLMLH
    AnnaLMLH Posts: 207 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    Ive been busy cleaning my credit files up, Im focusing on my noddle one now as the last one, and its showing a hsbc default that didnt show before I cleaned the others up, now I know this account went into the bankruptcy as up to date with all green lights yet the month it went to bankruptcy it defaulted and has shown that way every since do I just need to write yet another letter?

also when cleaning up should the date of partial settle etc because of the bankruptcy be no later than the date of orinal bankruptcy or the date of being discharged
    DFBXMAS15 £6600/£6600 100% #143

• dettelibre
    Options
    im in the process of cleaning up my files, 12 defaults and not one showing as settled yet, 9 months post discharge.
    so im sending the template letter to them all.

ive got a couple of questions re. which address to send to.

first for arrow global ive found 2 address which one do i sent to?

Data Control Officer
    Arrow Global Limited
    Jordans Company Secretaries Limited
    20-22 Bedford Row
    London
    WC1R 4JS

or

Data Controller
    Arrow Global
    Belvedere
    12 Booth Street
    Manchester
    M2 4AW

and also for Cahoot ,do i sent to Santander, 2 triton square, london.

many thanks
  • nobodycares
    Options
    Thanks for showing that Noddle screen shot as it is something that was worrying me.
    Fermi helped me on another thread where i had 2 defaulted date entries incorrect. 1 has been now cleared , the other is showing default markers up to 2 years post bankruptcy but the actual default date i now realise after seeing the Noddle screenshot above is only wrong by 3 months which i can let go.
    Will this fall off my credit report 6 years after the default date or will these markers keep showing up for another 2 years?
    I assume it will drop from my report 6 years after default but wanted to be sure
    Thank you
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Yes, the whole account and every marker, both before and after, will disappear from your credit report 6 years after the original default.

At that point it will quite literally appear as if the account never existed.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    Just a heads up for anyone looking to start cleaning up there credit report. I have had great success with equifax! I ordered the online version of my statutory report for £2 to find none of the 10 defaulted accounts had been marked as satisfied :sad: I filled out the online dispute form for each account and 2 weeks later, 8 out of 10 of my accounts have been marked as settled, 1 is due to be updated in the next run and one has asked me to phone their collection team. This has been great for me as I haven't been able to afford all the stamps I would have needed! Equifax also generate a new report free of charge whenever they update an account so I've been able to check everything is fine without spending another penny :D some of the companies have said they have updated all 3 cra's but I need to wait for my next noddle report to see if they have but I have been really pleased so far, it's been a lot easier and quicker than I thought it would!

H x
  • Tulula:-
    Options
    Hi have just seen my noodle file and need to update default dates on accounts. Can I email the companies or is it just by post?
  • fermi
    Options
    Just a heads up for anyone looking to start cleaning up there credit report. I have had great success with equifax! I ordered the online version of my statutory report for £2 to find none of the 10 defaulted accounts had been marked as satisfied :sad: I filled out the online dispute form for each account and 2 weeks later, 8 out of 10 of my accounts have been marked as settled, 1 is due to be updated in the next run and one has asked me to phone their collection team. This has been great for me as I haven't been able to afford all the stamps I would have needed! Equifax also generate a new report free of charge whenever they update an account so I've been able to check everything is fine without spending another penny :D some of the companies have said they have updated all 3 cra's but I need to wait for my next noddle report to see if they have but I have been really pleased so far, it's been a lot easier and quicker than I thought it would!

H x

Yes sometimes can be very useful.

However I've also seen it be somewhat of a dead end in many cases, requiring you to complain in writing direct to the creditor and basically start again as the ICO etc will often expect you to have done that before they will deal with it formally as a complaint.

So that's why the main sticky on this has remained more or less the same, although it could maybe need some adding to.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• fermi
    Options
    Tulula:- wrote: »
    Hi have just seen my noodle file and need to update default dates on accounts. Can I email the companies or is it just by post?

Registered post is better in a belt and braces sense, but you could try email first off to see if it gets a result.

• AnnaLMLH
    AnnaLMLH Posts: 207 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thank you for the previous fermi i completed my file clean up and my first default has just dropped off this month, as i defaulted it a year before bankruptcy
    DFBXMAS15 £6600/£6600 100% #143

• fermi
    Options
    Great to hear. :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback