We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

over spend and over eat

Options

Comments

• wanttobeasaver
    Options
    Well today has been another "OK" day for me although was visiting my gran(whos 80 & still works need i add!!) & she made me tea & biccie choccie 1 it was lovely..........didnt want to refuse her excuses excuses!!;) ;) but apart from that ok no walk for me 2nite as friend not feeling great so instead of me going myself didnt bother:eek:

Went to buy a wii fit the other day sold out typical:rotfl: :rotfl:

Blue jeans hope your ns goes ok...........yes i do like reading although havent done in a while!!
    Save 1500 - (Monzo Card Pot by Dec 2021) 1020/1500 
    12 NSD MAY 3/12
    Lose 21lb by July .......................4 /21LB 
  • GhostHunter_3
    Options
    Welcome BabyJ

Wantobe where did you try and get your Wiii? 'Scuse me asking but I would love one but need to find where I can get one as cheap as chips! - not that chips are very cheap these days :( so better off not eating them! LOL

:o
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello everyone.

thank you for the lovely welcome Bluejeans

am offcially on holiday. for some reason I feel like crying think its the relief of finally being off from school. this year has been dreadful.

I am helping a friend move tomorrow and I am going to go to Morrisions afterwards to buy

1. Gardening stuff
    2. fruit - but nice fruit melon etc to eat as snacks. instead of chocolate.

then I am going to pick up my friends little boy from playschool. I am dreading it to be honest. he only knows me a little and I know he will be pset when he figures out his mum isn't there!

that will involve walking. which is good. my first kms of the holidays. I am going to aim to walk every day like that.

will be back tomorrow
    xxxxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • mdeebee
    mdeebee Posts: 381 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you!

The 'O' is the same as when you are in the desert and you see a place to drink, and there is also an orange drink on the market called this, and it is a pop group as well. I hope that I am right after all of that.:p

It's a bargain right enough getting something out of there for a fiver!! I've started doing that with clothes where I can as well. There is a next clearance quite near where I live and I spotted a pair of jeans in it for a tenner. I had bought the same ones out of the normal next, they cost me £25, so I will go and rummage in there from now on.

My big downfall is eating out, my mum, me and my 2 sisters went to a chinese last week and it was £100:eek: , (I feel trouble ahead now). It was delish. We go to a thai place as well, that isn't as pricey as you can get a pre-theatre in there and all meals are half price until 7pm. I think that it will need to be cut out for a while though, I am skint until I get myself a job. Will need to register with the agency will do it later on tonight. Have eaten another 2 sandwiches for lunch, so still no bad stuff, will need to keep the good work up.

Will check in later,

SL
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Tara,

I've got a gift shop (that belongs to me and the bank), so am self employed. That's why I've got debts at the moment. It's really quiet just now so I'm actually looking for a job to help me start getting rid of the debt, my sister will run the shop for me while I'm doing the job. I used to be a sales rep before I had the shop and it would be ideal if I could get something like that again as it is pretty flexible, ie you can be out and about. Therefore, if I am home based, as long as I am doing the job and hitting the targets, I can nip into the shop near the end of the night and see whats going on there.

I could do the paperwork for both at night time. It wouldn't be forever and would help me out no end. Moneywise, I am really like a single person although I am married, DH does not contribute to the house at all, he thinks that he does not need to as he does not live here, he works away from home all the time (has caused countless arguments this one). He pays for things like holidays, nights out and buys the cars, so he thinks that's enough. That's why I find it hard when the shop is quieter in the summer, so it's off to work I go, if anyone will take me. The good thing about it is that I will get a company car if I get a new job so that would be nice. Have just been out for dinner to the thai place wasn't as bad bill wise tonight as we had the pre theatre, so it was £20 each, (there was 4 of us, it came to £55 but youngest sister never has any money so she got hers for free). We do that most weeks but sometimes it can be a couple of months before we would go out again, so it balances itself out. I shouldn't really but I don't drink or smoke, eating is my vice, that's why I'm on this thread LOL. But at least I was not eating cakes like puzzled was, you are very naughty, but as they were free, it would be rude to refuse. I'm going onto some job websites now will check in later.
    SLx

Thanks for the reply.

A gift shop, how lovely! It must be so rewarding to be your own boss. I am considering how to boost my income a little, must have a read of the boards here for tips.

How do you cope with your OH being away a lot and how long has this arrangement been in place?

I agree about the cakes, tut tut! Coming from me that is obviously tongue in cheek :D I have eaten a shameful amount of choc today but had soup and a roll for lunch and salad for dinner, and also walked for 2 hours. Not too bad after all. Must do better tomorrow!

Money-wise, I only spent £1.15 on some fruit in Tesco and that was it for the day. Going back to Oasis next week to return the two items and buy them again for £5 each so that'll earn me £15! They are lovely and reduced from £65 and £50 respectively. And I will get lots of wear out of them, errrr. Excuses, excuses - if I was being properly MS I would just return them! But actually they will save me money as I won't then buy something similar for 6x the price later in the year. Is that a mad theory? :D
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today's challenges:

1. NO CHOCOLATE
    2. Check online banking
    3. Walk for at least an hour and a half
    4. Do not go anywhere near shops
    5. No Spend Day (apart from buying a couple of apples with change I had lying around - does that count as NSD???)
    5. Seek to switch underperforming ISA - 5.3%!!! I only have £3300 ish of my ISA savings in it but it still annoys me that the rate is so low. I know there are ISAs that allow transfers in but you lose 90 days' interest. Sounds awful!!!!

Welcome to the new posters. BabyJayne, I am in about the same boat as you. I have a stone and a half to lose, but would be quite happy with a stone. :j Also have a desk-based job so getting a bit of exercise in is vital! Do you walk/cycle to work? It does help if you do, as it gets you from A to B while exercising.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • bluejeans
    bluejeans Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    Babyjane Hiya glad to have you with us, girls on here are Fandabbydozyeeee. Nothing to live up to or hide. We all going through the same stuff. All sins and secrets can be revealed. I bet one of us could beat it.

Look forward to reading your posts and chatting with you

Jo x
    1st January 2012 £2500 and 56lbs debts
    22nd Oct 2014 £1500 and 42lbs debts
  • bluejeans
    Options
    Good Morning Gang (as someone put it ) you are all doing so well, I'm so happy, we are doing this for each other. Fab steps and damage limitation being done. I'm proud of us all, just talking about it and getting out out is a huge thing for me.

Well another so so night shift. I'm a coffee addict as-well, had 7 cups (mugs) during the night, but hey I had no biccies with them woooo hoooo. Did have two crisps sandwiches though.

Things that helped me during the night. Cut out a sun dress, will sew it tomorrow. I have a box of ear rings and one of those mesh things that you put them in. So i took them to work and sorted then all out, binned the oddies and put all the other in the mesh things, took me an hour to do. Tonight, it the exercises video. Last night shift tonight off till Sunday night.

Going for some breakfast now, back soon.

Jo x
  • LilMissEmmylou
    LilMissEmmylou Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Options
    well i had a good day yesterday and even avoided eating the cookies i got for free in tesco! What are they playing at giving me free cookies when im trying to be good!!! it was my weekly shop i was in for - not just junk buying, so not too bad. Lots of fruit and tins of soups etc. going to fill up on the soups this week and if im hungry chuck in some pasta or rice. Does anyone else use soups as a sauce lol? any good ones i should try?

tara where abouts in Belfast r u from? Im from Bangor (well most of my life, but I have also lived in Lurgan and Tandragee) so used to go to school in Belfast :) Living in liverpool at the moment though.

edit for a cross post - blue jeans, when u say bin did u actually bin bin them? I would keep them on their own somewhere in case i either A come accross its match, or B fashion goes through that phase like it did a few yrs ago where people wear odd earrings lol. You know a plain one in one ear and a mighty jazzed up one in the other :D
  • bluejeans
    Options
    I think you did well, good choices, don't forget, little steps. you only had 3 sandwiches, you could have had 6 :T and you did good on the birthday cake, picked a small piece :T :T 2 outa 3 ain't bad (sang that as i typed it):rotfl:

So you did good, put it behind you and move on.

Jo x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills