PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Herman Friendship Cake??

Comments

• **Note to self, oldMcD

Do a search first!

MSE thread

Sorry board guides - please either delete this or join it to the other one :D

Was just about to do that ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • dobs
    dobs Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hi just wonering did any of you try to make this in the end?Wondered how it turned as thinking of havin a go but not v good in cake making department!
    grocery challenge jan 17 £ / 350.00
  • Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    I remember doing this with some friends when I was in middle school, my mother advised me against doing it too often because it used up LOADS of ingredients :D
  • milliemonster
    milliemonster Posts: 3,708 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler
    my mum used to make this aswell and we virtually lived on it for months, it is delicious but you can have too much of a good thing
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • craftlady
    craftlady Posts: 256 Forumite
    I'm remember this too. Going to have a go at making the starter tomorrow. Anyone living in Surrey want a cup of starter mix:rotfl: . (I do remember getting fed up with it after month of eating the same cake - however you can put different fruit in it!)
    Wooligans member 2010 - 6 animal blankets. 2 angel wraps, 2 baby hat, 4 Aaron squares, 5 cardigans
    :A :A :A :A :A :A
  • I would think twice before starting a Herman friendship cake the cake equivilent of a chain letter, the mix passed on each time in its raw state having never been refrigerated and made with raw eggs is a SERIOUS health hazard, part of the mix being passed on could be months old.

Tom
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Why are you replying to a thread thats 2 years old?
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • hi there,
    Does anyone have a recipe on how to make a Friendship/ Friendy/ Herman/ German/ Armish/ bread or cake thing with fresh yeast.
    Made one years ago with apples and stuff in but can't remember how to make the starter or the Bread/ cake.
    So many different people call it so many different names sorry.
    Make love not war
    spend less, play more
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    I remember this - Friendship cake. Think I might start one as my children are eating me out of house and home!! Plus it would be nice to have a couple in the freezer and to give out to friends. x
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • OMG I remember this from the early 80's they were all the rage then x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing