Get a bigger discount in store at Dixons etc

12346»

Comments

• :j I've just saved on a Panasonic microwave oven. Curry's wouldn't budge on the advertised price, so I went to Comet and found the model we wanted, already reduced by £20 on the day to £79.99. They wouldn't budge on the price initially, but then I told the salesman that I'd take the extra guarantee if they'd accept £59.99. They wouldn't, so we agreed on £69.99. I hadn't found the model any cheaper anywhere, so I signed up. I'll be handing back the guarantee later this week and getting my refund.

I've never had a success at Curry's, but I've had several at Comet.
  • johnt22
    johnt22 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've never liked Dixons/DSG/PC World/Currys. Like all chains their size they have monopolistic tendencies and the customer always comes second to margin and the interests of the corporation.

Feel like I scored one back on them today though. Wife noticed £50 trade-in for bringing in a laptop. Small print conditions included that the system must power-up. Well I thought my 1999 Toshiba 4030 booted to Windows 98 the last time I tried it but today it would only go to the Toshiba banner. The young "Tech Guy" said the trade-in was only valid if the system had a bootable operating system. I showed the older "Tech Guy" the small-print of their advert, and he said he'd have to take it to the manager.

Who read the advert and admitted they would have to honour their own words...

Hey ho, I still paid £230 for a nice new netbook, so it's not like they lost money on the deal, is it?

Unfortunately the manager was determined to sell me an extended warranty for £70 - no , only £50. Did his trained hard sell thing "Why do you not want one for this incredibly good price." Just stayed firm.

McAffee have an outrageous arrangement on these new PC's in case anyone hadn't noticed. You need a deal of technical confidence to get rid of them to enable efficient use of a free virus scanner - I use AVG or Avira.

Anyway, downloading Ubuntu to get rid of this irritating Windoze rubbish...

:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport