Which mattress? (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• bargainbagger
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    Yes it is La Romantica Beds Ltd. The quickest way to get a response would probably be to phone them.

tina4723
    Did you get any joy with local Berkshire stockists of La Romantica mattresses?

La Romantica's telephone number(unhelpfully not mentioned on their website!)is 01422 320009.

I contacted them to ask about stockists in Oxfordshire and they replied that the furthest south they supply is Bedlum Beds in Hertfordshire, but I have subsequently learnt that BB in fact deliver these mattresses direct from La Romantica in West Yorkshire!
  • nemmernossage
    Options
    Hello, my name is Emma and I desperately need a new double mattress. My budget is almost zero, as I am a skint Student Nurse who has just had to buy a replacement car - £375!! :eek: , and so cheap cheap cheap is what I need. I don't have any special requirements (e.g. orthapedic or whatever) but just need a nice new mattress that doesn't sag in the middle and give me backache.

I have phoned a local company who said that the cheapest they could offer me was £120 inc. delivery. I unfortunately don't have £120, However what I do have is £30 of Argos vouchers saved up and approx. £2.50 in nectar points that I could spend in Argos.

I have looked at the "Cloud 9 Sprung", £93.79 inc postage, and the "Cloud 9 Riga medium", 103.69, which are both on p833 of the new catalogue.

I am also slightly tempted by the "spend over £90 and pay nothing for 3 months" thingy, although what my finances will be like in 3 months is uncertain (complicated student finance things that I won't go into here.).

Please can someone advise me:
    -what these mattresses are like
    -if a cheaper alternative is available

Thanks in advance,

Emma.
    Nemmer Nossage :rotfl: :j

Became a Mrs on 30th July 2010!

Expecting Baby #1on 22nd April 2012
  • montyp_2
    Options
    Hi - I hope I'm posting in the right place?

I have read many of the comments relating to memory foam mattresses, especially those by Tim Deegan, very useful and thank you.

It would seem the Verona II ticks most of the boxes relating to specifications and the price is reasonable.

Can anyone comment on this particular mattress (good and bad points) or direction to something more suitable. Or perhaps I've missed the point completely!!

:)

These forums are invaluable, its all about community.

Cheers
  • colincliff
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    The logo is for the better Kozeesleep company, but the photo doesn't look like the pocketmaster.

Thanks Tim, mattress arrived today after ordering on yesterday, it was from this http://www.kozeesleep.co.uk/ company. The picture on the web site was wrong.

thanks to everyone who posted advice on this thread, very usefull.
  • PINGA14
    PINGA14 Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Tim,

Have found a lovely bed and have had a look around to see if I can get it cheaper anywhere, but noone else seems to stock it. Do you know of any other stockists and more importantly, cheaper!?
    Thanks

http://www.furniturestar.co.uk/catalog/Dams-Panang-4FT-6-Double-Bedstead-p-25678.html
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

TomsMom,

You are a STAR !!! Thanks very much. I don't know how I couldn't find those.
    Did you find anymore by any chance?? Could you?? haha

I didn't look any further hun, sorry.

I saw this by another poster
    raymond wrote: »
    If I read all the posts and take your advice then there is only one mattres I could possibly buy.
    and as I like a challenge I set out to see if there was more available :D

If I had time I'd carry on looking but as we're renovating a house and I have a lot of stuff to buy I'm researching like mad as it is ;)

By the way, I wasn't recommending those mattresses I linked to, merely pointing out there were others available. Hopefully Tim will be along to answer your questions on them but if you want to look for others keep clicking. We've got to buy a bed in the not too distant future and I already know where we'll be looking ;) .
  • tina4273
    tina4273 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bargainbagger

Yes I did call La Romantica as you say not easy to find their number, and they said they only supply to Bedlum Beds, which has concerned me as I haven't read anyway in this forum that this bed is only made to Tim's company. I would like to try before I buy, and it does seem a good price compared to beds in the shops but I can't any reviews on 2 sided memory foam pocket spring beds. I am hoping someone who bought one a couple of years ago from this forum will give us an update, don't suppose there is a way to prompt them.

Will you be ordering one?
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • contrarymaryx
    Options
    I had no difficulty in finding the phone number for La Romantica Beds; I just googled 'La Romantica Beds' and the 3rd, 4th and 5th links on the page took me straight to their address and phone number.

I rang them last week to ask for stockists in my area as we would like to try before we buy. Although there are a few shops in Yorkshire that stock their beds, only two in my area do so and neither of them sell the Madrid. Hopefully, we will be going tomorrow to have a look at the ones they do have in stock.
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm thinking about making a move to memory foam but not sure if we'll like it so I'm planning on getting a memory foam topper to try it out first before making the leap. What sort of thickness of a topper should I be looking at?

And I don't understand all this density stuff, I've seen one at 2.5cm thick and 5lb density, is that good or what?
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Actually, while I'm looking round, whats the difference between open and pocket coils? Is it just that pocket prevent the roll together thing? If I move away from memory foam, I have a really bad back (more than likely from existing mattress) how firm should I be looking at to try to make it better? I have a slatted bed if that makes any difference.

I understand many things, mattresses are not one of them :o
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts