Options

Comments

• VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    wingobins wrote: »
    Hi VelvetGlove :wave:
    Just thought you might wanna add Weather wherever and Optimax to the ones that generate lots of spam. Optimax have called me many times & too as well as junk emails & letters. HTH

Done & thanks for letting us all know :)
    elver_man wrote: »
    VG some of these sites have recently changed name as above.

Done :) Thanks!
    lisajp23 wrote: »
    thankyou, new on today and this has helped a lot

You're welcome :) Glad it was helpful & I hope you've had fun entering comps :)
    Hi VG icon7.gifhave sent you a pm regarding the new puzzler.com site, but it's all changed now & diva has given us a fresh page, here's the link...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1736375

icon7.gif.

Flipping 'eck Tucker! Thanks korky - It took me a while to get my head around the new site, pull together screen shots & cobble together some new instructions :D Done now & hopefully it makes sense... :) Thanks for the heads up!
    Tigergals wrote: »
    I just wonder if Now Magazine and Good To Know are both same company?? Ive always used both the entered competition all the times but never won it.

Crikey, I don't know Tigergals? :confused: If you haven't already had this answered then try asking in Competitions Discussion Thread Part 10 as there will be more people to see your question & answer it for you :)

OK folks, I think I'm all back up to date with the Comping Guide again. As always, please yell out if there is anything that you know that you think would help others & I can add it to the Guide if it isn't already in there :)
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • marcofoo
    marcofoo Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a thought...

As a male, will my chances of winning competitions through the likes of Cosmo, Now, Take a Break, etc, be non-existant? These are, after all, targetted at women.
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    marcofoo wrote: »
    Just a thought...

As a male, will my chances of winning competitions through the likes of Cosmo, Now, Take a Break, etc, be non-existant? These are, after all, targetted at women.

no not at all. Take the recent Glamour giveaway, lots of males won, albeit they didnt know their wife/girlfriend/daughter/mum had entered them :rotfl::rotfl:
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • Garv_3
    Garv_3 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I've got a comp I want to post and despite the fact that I registered months ago, it's telling me I can't post a link because I'm a new user. Any suggestions?
  • lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you post the comp someone will usually post the link for you.
  • blackmidnight
    blackmidnight Posts: 13,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 June 2009 at 8:05PM
    Options
    can you add www.hunkydoryhome.co.uk/ to the list of competitions not to post answers to please - they might not want the competition posted at all but waiting to find out

ETA: link to the website is fine but no email address or competition answers to be posted on here please :)

If you want to sign up to the newsletter then there are competitions in there and the answers can be found on the website (some lovely stuff on their too and now I'm going to have to buy some lol!)
    2008: £783.12 - 2009: £6,401.15 - 2010: £4,230.61 - 2011: £8720 - 2012: £2,041.89
    2013: £134.96
  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    can you add www.hunkydoryhome.co.uk/ to the list of competitions not to post answers to please - they might not want the competition posted at all but waiting to find out

ETA: link to the website is fine but no email address or competition answers to be posted on here please :)

If you want to sign up to the newsletter then there are competitions in there and the answers can be found on the website (some lovely stuff on their too and now I'm going to have to buy some lol!)

Added into the Guide :) I've put it as a "Do not post any info other than a link to the comp on their site" as that should then cover answers & email info :) Thanks BM!
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • Fireba11
    Fireba11 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Im sure this has been answered before but i cant find it.
    When filling in these your allowed 5 entries per household.
    Q. Does this have to be 5 different e-mail addresses or 5 different people
    Or can u just enter 5 times with all the same info?

Thanx
  • superman01983
    Options
    Hi i've only been copming bout a month now and i've never read this till now and boy I wish i'd done it earlier lol thanks again for all the answers they will no doubt help me in the future
    Thanks again
    June= mars football x2, ice age 3 screener tickets x4, perroni bottle opener.:beer:
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Posts: 561 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just a quick question (and probably an obvious one) how do I get more stars? I find it really hard to find and posts competitions as someone has usually beat me to it! Would just like to get to my second star and want to know how I would go about it?

Thank you
    Oct wins - years supply of wine!!:D day spa pass for 2:D Personalised wispa bar :D dj yoda tickets:D
    Nov wins - weekend in london to see basement jaxx :D Baileys ice-cream set :D
    Dec wins - set of nail varnishes :D
    Jan wins - Gold radio christmas hamper :D dove gift pack :D creme egg beach ball :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure