IT'S BACK !!! M&S "Dine in for £10" (merged)

Options

Comments

• Venezia
    Venezia Posts: 796 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I also bought a meal deal without a dessert and was offered a £5 voucher by way of compensation. However the bill came to £15+ less £5 voucher = £10+ to pay but no dessert. Went to customer services to complain and he went to great lengths to tell me that I was still getting a great deal as I was getting £5 off my food bill. He just didn't/wouldn't get it. I asked for my money back but kept the £5 discount voucher. Went to a different M&S bought an inferior( to me/potatoes) £10 meal deal + a half price chicken pie plus an additional sticky toffee dessert offered my £5 discount voucher and only had to pay £10+. Could live without the messing about though. Next offer I will be going early on Thursday or Friday or I will leave it until the offer has finished and hopefully stock up the freezer with half price main meals. Next time if you are offered the £5 voucher as compensation try it against other foods as it does not state it is to be used against the £10 meal deals only that it has to be used whilst the offer is running.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    meanmum wrote: »
    OK, if you take the voucher into account, that works out at £10 per head, but without the dessert. All I am trying to point out here is that it nothing like as good a deal when they are offering the vouchers, as you still have to pay full price for the rest of the meal.
    (It took me a while to get my head round it all.....)

you spend full price of roughly £17 for the meal, including dessert, they give you £5 off voucher. i buy the listed 'deal', they give me approx £7 off . Its not that big a loss - £2

you could go to the dessert aisle and choose anything, or tbh you could choose anything instore up to £5 (as the voucher doesnt have stipulations). By buying a cheap dessert, you would have been quids in on the people who were limited to the options on the £10 deal.

Flea
  • rissa121
    rissa121 Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    As it was 2 for a tenner last week, is it half price food this week as someone else stated:confused:

Would be thankful if anyone could let ,me know before i drag my poor kiddies into town ;)
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rissa121 wrote: »
    As it was 2 for a tenner last week, is it half price food this week as someone else stated:confused:

Would be thankful if anyone could let ,me know before i drag my poor kiddies into town ;)

AFAIK it is. But be glad to hear someone else confirm it.
  • freebo_2
    freebo_2 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was in our local M & S (Hexham) today, they had a few "buy one get one half price" offers on some of their gastropub stuff and a few on pata dishes (about 8 offers on each). TBH it looked expensive even at the reduced price, I wasn't impressed at all.

The 2 dine for a tenner is a way better deal.
    Mike

Expat in Australia, but heading back to the UK when the dust settles.
  • lexie55_2
    lexie55_2 Posts: 775 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    rissa121 wrote: »

Me too, have to travel quite a way to nearest M&S...
  • rissa121
    rissa121 Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    I dragged my Lo's there in the end, couldn't stand the thought of missing out.... but no half price food. Buy one get one half price on various things, which as someone has already said, still leaves it all expensive :(
  • chuckie79
    chuckie79 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if the m&s stores in Scotland have the dine in for £10 at the same time as England stores? Think I read somewhere they are on different weekends but can't find anything.
  • fluffynit
    fluffynit Posts: 11,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Scotland (Edinburgh) had one last weekend, so I guess it is the same nationwide.
  • lexuslass
    lexuslass Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know yet what the choices are for this weekends "2 Dine for £10"? :rolleyes:

Or am I a bit early!!!?? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport