July 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 305.5K views

Replies

• jediteacherjediteacher Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    You'll love Doctor Who!!!
    I saved last week's espisode so I could watch them both together.
    Have a great night everyone!! Just about to tuck into my mum's apple crumble with some of our garden raspberries and strawberries with creme fraiche.
    SFT

I know it's off topic but you're right Doctor Who was fantastic. I love David Tennant :iloveyou: - although I didn't like him before he was the Doctor!
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • fertyskidsfertyskids Forumite
    138 Posts
    angelatgraceland - thanks for that i'll give it a try ive got sausages in the outside freezer. can i have the reciepe please?

i found 2 lots of large freezer bags for £1 each, had 2. also some scouring pads, i had run out. total spend £3. had hoped for a NSD but they were a good bargain. i will need milk and washing up liquid tommorow but nothing else.

i did roast chicken for dinner. i have half the meat left, has anyone got a reciepe for chicken casserole please?

i also made some biscuits and twinks hobnobs WOW!!!! ive eaten loads, and banned the kids from them.... im goimng to get huge. wil let the kids eat some for luches as a great lunchbox treat. do they freeze well?

i still feel a bit worried about doing this especially with 9 to feed each night from monday onwards but have to keep possitive.
    thanks to all of you.
    karen
  • KAAT LADY I grow those squashes and use them just as I would courgettes. Hope that helps.

More nonspending for em, but I think it's cheating when you stay home because youre hungover LOL.
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated total £51.99 up to now, Netto and a butchers shop added, I'd actually forgotten my cash card, had my list/meal plan and limited cash, but managed to whittle the list down and came home with change, a little more 'imagination' needed but did it. Just thought of things I could use instead etc. I think this might work as a future plan, usually I take out all that I need in cash then use it from that purse for groceries, but in future I might take less of it with me and make myself cut back that way.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • mumofjusttwomumofjusttwo Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anne Louise Dr wWho was good wasn't it. Who would have thought that...........................

No I wouldn't do that.

Need to add £60 to my total as have a Mr T delivery coming tomorrow ;)
    January Grocery 11/374
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    KAAT LADY I grow those squashes and use them just as I would courgettes. Hope that helps.

More nonspending for em, but I think it's cheating when you stay home because youre hungover LOL.

thanks :T queen of string I knew someone would know if I waited long enough will try them tomorrow:T
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• ChesChes Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    NSD again for me but cheating really as OH bought milk home but didn't want the money back for it.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • Le_FootLe_Foot Forumite
    162 Posts
    mumzyof2 wrote: »
    where would i get a thermos flask from and how much are they? im going to look on amazon in a mo. also could you use tinned fruit instead of fresh? how would i go about mixing bananas in to the yogurt? and anything hard?
    How big of a theroms flask? would 0.5L be enough? or 1 litre?

can you add this to first post too in the recipe bit please niki
    Woolworths, Wilkinsons and most supermarkets sell flasks, I've had my stainless steel one for years, so not sure of the exact price, but they are not very expensive. Yes you could use tinned fruit, but I would dab it dry with kitchen paper or it might make the yogurt too sloppy. I mash banana with a fork before adding to the yogurt.
    My flask is 1litre. Go for it gal....it saves £££s if your household eats a lot of yogurt.
    Feb. G.C. From Jan 26th £350.00
    First month..pure guess!! Wk. 1 £136.38 balance £213.62. Wk.2 £108.10p balance £105.52
  • Le_FootLe_Foot Forumite
    162 Posts
    Le_Foot wrote: »
    Woolworths, Wilkinsons and most supermarkets sell flasks, I've had my stainless steel one for years, so not sure of the exact price, but they are not very expensive. Yes you could use tinned fruit, but I would dab it dry with kitchen paper or it might make the yogurt too sloppy. I mash banana with a fork before adding to the yogurt.
    My flask is 1litre. Go for it gal....it saves £££s if your household eats a lot of yogurt.

Nikki, sorry but I don't know how to do that, can you tell me.
    Feb. G.C. From Jan 26th £350.00
    First month..pure guess!! Wk. 1 £136.38 balance £213.62. Wk.2 £108.10p balance £105.52
  • angelnikkiangelnikki Forumite
    892 Posts
    Le_Foot wrote: »
    Nikki, sorry but I don't know how to do that, can you tell me.

Do you mean adding it it the recipe index on the first page? cos I've already added it. ;)Recipe Index

Nikki
    x
    :A
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals