PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Many thanks ioiwe all updated now!:T
    July budget £180.00 spent so far £13.82 :j
  • Hi Everyone!

Meant to say, I brought the £23 BM from Mr A a couple of weeks ago and have been pleased as punch with it, though I had my first disaster on Sunday it didn't rise and came out like a brick. Yesterday my DS had a go and it was the best EVER...so guess whose making it from now on!! :j
    July budget £180.00 spent so far £13.82 :j
  • garnettgirl
    garnettgirl Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - I'm going to join in from today. Put me down for £100 for July, should be do-able as I've lots of meat in the freezer and plenty of rice, pasta and potatoes.

Want to pay off the o/d by Christmas so it's all hands to the pumps!
    Pay off a Debt by Christmas 2008 Challenge: £1500 overdraft
    Total paid off: £235
    Comping: July wins: The Who tribute band tickets (£24), MP3 download, Man Utd DVD (£17), Life's too F'ing short book (£13)
  • Sian_the_Green
    Sian_the_Green Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Options
    First day of joining and I had to buy something so I could change my signature and join in... ;) So 89p worth of sausages for tea. Whilst in the butchers also noted the farm eggs at 90p for 1/2 dozen, not freely roaming enough for free range apparently but kept well, it'll do me. Since I decided to get free range eggs I figured I should be getting free range chicken too so my meat intake has dropped and I have been using way more veg and tinned pulses instead. I'm sure it's made me healthier, as well as being cheaper. Looking forward to hearing more about everyone else's hints and tips too :)
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Id like to join and will endevour to keep it at £100 for the month, although I dont know that I even have that much to spend for my DD and myself
  • scaredy_cat_2
    scaredy_cat_2 Posts: 838 Forumite
    Options
    Hi have just added to my signature - have spent a lot but still feeling inspired and determind!! although v sleepy after ice buns carb overload!! mmmm

breadrolls tomorrow
  • SAVVYMUMMY_2
    SAVVYMUMMY_2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.
    Just managed to read todays posts, phew. Quick update really first day and spent total of £5.76, this includes sausages and piece of quiche for dinner and lunch tomorrow, 4 pints of milk, 4 apples and a paper.

Had decided after last months fiasco with my massive spend to go back to weekly and daily shopping as this suits me better. I`m pretty good with controlling my urge to spend what I don`t need. So hoping this month will be tons better.

Anyway see you all later and good luck to everyone.
    Grocery Challenge 2013: July week 1 £90/£87.41 :D
    week 2 £90.00/£118.38:eek: week 3 £90/£60.54:jweek4 £90/£79.90 week5 £45/£00
    End of mortgage april 2030
    Mortgage overpayment from june 2013 aiming for £400 a month: £451
    Emergency fund 2013 from june £70
  • huxley
    huxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all hope you are all having a good day, weather is glorious. Just a small spend today, potatoes,toms,deoderants,toothbrushes £4.69. Realy got to stay focused for tea tonight so tired would love to go down take away route but I wont. Weather is lovely but my allergies etc dont like it:o . DS1 and gs are coming to tea tonight only found message on machine a minute ago :mad: so got to go pick some more lettuce to make it go futher, but have just taken 2 teabreads out of the oven so can fill them up on cake!
  • lingojingo
    lingojingo Posts: 727 Forumite
    Options
    my tesco order is late! does that mean I get free delievery! I have seen him pass my house twice now, he obviously cant find it

I got free delivery last month, they rang me before the start of the 2 hour slot to say they were running 20 mins late and if it got to 1/2 hour I wouldn't have to pay delivery. They were actually only about 5 mins after the end of the 2 hour period, but apparently that was 1/2 hr late to me as I got delivery charge refunded onto my card the next day!
  • Angelraesunshine
    Angelraesunshine Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    Options
    went to aldi and got all my fruit and veg decided to try out the yoghurts for the kids and got some ice cream splits spent £15.19, was not too baaad should last me in to next week.
    Still Trying :o
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £400/£000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills