July 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 305.5K views

Replies

• teedy23teedy23 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to add on £3.10 cos I am weak and lazy. I didnt take anything to work for dinner so bought a baked potato and 2 coffees from the machine. If I was going to make an excuse it would be that my pal came over unexpectedly to level a bit of the garden for my new greenhouse, and put me off my game, and I had to go and pick up presciptions for the grand D so that I could m/s a pharmacy . I,m not making that excuse though.
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well today should have been a no spend day but it all fell apart. When I picked up my little one from the childminder I was told that she had been sick after eating her food. This is nothing new as although she's 18 months old she still suffers from reflux and she has a very delicate stomach (every so often it 'shuts down' and rejects all food). Also when she has a cold or a runny nose it makes the reflux worse and causes her to have an upset tummy. We were doing really well and hadn't had anything serious (we ended up in hospital last time) until today. As a result we need to go on a 'dry' diet to settle her tummy back down.

So, I had to go out and get her something other than the crackers we have at home. hopefully we've caught it in time and will be able to settle her tummy within a few days. :undecided

Oh, I hope she is OK. Nothing worse than a little one ill and nothing you can do coz you feel so helpless. Hope you've caught it in time and she's OK. :grouphug:

JayJay14 enjoy your weekend, seems like you've earnt it this week - Really glad you've enjoyed your new job, after this week it will be all down hill... :beer:
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • carolt2carolt2 Forumite
    852 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Mrs MC.
    :grouphug:
    As you can see you have been missed.

A NSD day here today.

Not planning on going to shops until saturday.
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
  • mama67mama67 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I would share the dinner I made tonight. So many posts regarding extending (meat) mince I thought I would try it with veggie mince - I used realeat frozen soya mince. Quarter of pack with onions, carrots and mush (lightly fry these first) then added red lentils, oats, tin toms and stock cube. Also some sweetcorn that had been left in fridge. Simmer whilst waiting for tatoes to cook. Served with cabbage. Family decleared it delish. Only downside was it caught on bottom of pan, that never normally happens, have others found this? Do I need to be more vigilant. Had it on low heat.
    I have found this since adding in oats. Just have to watch it a bit more carefully and maybe add a touch more liquid than normal, which the oats will soak up anyway.
    2 adults, 2 boys (:footie: sports mad big eaters) (25 & 22)
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
  • gillamangillaman Forumite
    90 Posts
    Posted a message yesterday but can't see it now. Just a quick one now as it's late. Should have been fortnightly shop yesterday but only needed some f & v plus something for dinner for gs2 as he's staying over with me tonight and my daughter had dinner with us as well before scooting off back to work - I'm a veggie but they prefer meat so got sausages of both varieties and did sausage pancakes with new pots (hg) and sweetcorn. Spent £10.44 in Mr A so very pleased with this. Have some very old style recipes which I typed up for my mum when I was about 16. Will post one or two cakes and a pud tomorrow. Hope this message stays put!
    Dec GC £100/76.61/16.46/10.19 - £103.26
    Jan GC £100/64.20/20.91 (£14.89 left)
  • mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    mornin all :wave:

just got up, so am having a cuppa before my shower whilst i catch up on some posts!

off into town this mornin to do my gran's shopping. i'm hoping i only need a few things for myself, but i MUST get sunflower oil, been putting it off when i saw how much it's gone up lately :eek:

i thought Mr M was gonna do the 50p items every week, but looks like he's changed his mind!! i got a few of the burgers to put in the freezer, so we're gonna have some tonight with HM rolls

hope everyone has a good day, and (((hugs))) to those that need them xx

• procrastinatorprocrastinator Forumite
    624 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    mama67 wrote: »
    I have found this since adding in oats. Just have to watch it a bit more carefully and maybe add a touch more liquid than normal, which the oats will soak up anyway.
    Thanks. I will be doing this again as it did give the dish a nice taste so will watch carefully in future.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    HI GUys,

Hope everyone has a good day, despite it pouring with rain!!!!
    How come I have thissssssssss many days and only this much budget left?
    am away in august so considering what the budget should be (still have 13 days left on this one!)

DINK1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    gillaman wrote: »
    Posted a message yesterday but can't see it now. Hope this message stays put!

It is still there, just lost in the massive amount of posts we get here. If you click on your name next to your post, a list comes up and you can go to previous posts by this person (sorry, forgot actual words), but basically if you click on that, you can see all your posts.
    HLH
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    Just catching up before hitting the shower - overdone it this morning as hubby was supposed to be up at 6am for w**k, but friend rang at 7.30am and we were still in bed :eek: :eek: :eek: Mad rush to make flask & sandwiches while he got ready, still he's gone now (with the hump, hates being late and would have blown it out if we wern't skint)

I really feel for him at the moment, as he HATES the job but we can't afford for him to jack as he's in construction and the work is just not there at the moment. Workmates are fine, just the office wallah's, seem to have it in for him and give him all the s**t jobs and no overtime, which is a pain as when we do get a good week, it just squares us up again so we can't get ahead.... Ohh, sorry, moan over, I'll make him a nice HM minced beef & onion(+) pie tonight with puff pastry and onion gravy and make a bit of a fuss of him, might cheer him up...:D

Shopping today as payday, so must top up as nothing in at the mo - no milk, butter, eggs or anything but need to be careful so will write my list in a mo and stick to it. :rolleyes:

Have a good day all, see you later,
    Den x
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government