Lucielle's daring debt free journey

Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,787 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Chaps, thanks for looking in. Everything is good, currently up at the house. We spent Thursday night at Crianlarich Youth Hostel and then on Friday morning walked up Ben Nevis, it nearly killed OH and I. Spent Friday night in a lovely B&B in Fort William. 2 of the kids were supposed to join us today but they broke down and are currently being recovered back to home. They are going to use DD1s car and come tomorrow. Fun and games.

Got a builder coming on Monday to price up some changes at the holiday cottage. I want to put a stove in the corner and taken out the open fire and chimney breast, since that will mean new flooring, put in underfloor heating whilst that floor is up and then move the hot water tank into the loft. So not much then.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lucielle
    Options
    Well the quotes have come in terrifically expensive so back to the drawing board. Do have a builder friend down here who may consider venturing up north. I'm leaving DH to sort that one.

Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary whilst we were away. Not long now till we're away to Sri Lanka. Must do a financial update not sure its going to make for pretty reading. Been informed that we haven't got anything towards DD2s college accommodation costs but she has got a scholarship. I still need to find £236 per month for the next 8 months. Sigh
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Boo to expensive quotes and well, kids....

Can you get her to do some tasks for you in return? You do seem to carry a lot on your shoulders.

Have a good weekend, glad you've been having a lovely time up north x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    and happy anniversary..you're 5 years ahead of us :)

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • lucielle
    Options
    She's got a milking job but still owes for the car insurance and its just had a new clutch and gearbox fitted. We did the work but we have a chap who works for us and when he's working on their cars it's not making us money so she has had a bill for that. So at the moment I don't want to put too much pressure on.

Spent a satisfying couple of hours cleaning my shed out. The furry beasts had found the grass seed which is no more. OH is going to fetch them something nice from the workshop.
    L
  • lucielle
    Options
    So since writing the above have had to fit another clutch to DD2s car as the first one wouldn't go into 5th. However it was secondhand and the company sent us another one free of charge. DS1s car has been mended. Its not long till he goes to New Zealand and he's got lots of job offers for when he comes back in February.

My car had been for a service and MOT it just needed new wipers to pass.

I was feeling broody the other weekend and I was on my own but fought the urge to get another dog. However I talked it over with OH the next day and the girls were in the room and they all thought it was a good idea. So I seized the moment and phoned the breeder we got Izzy off. It turned out that Izzys mum had had pups 3 days ago and I've got first refusal on the girls. So excited.

Not long till we go to Sri Lanka, in fact less than 4 weeks. I think I've got everything sorted, jabs felt like a pin cushion, visas, travel insurance and passports. Just need to sort out the spending money and we're all set. The travel agent is going to book us in.

When we come back it will be heads down and serious debt busting.
    L
  • lucielle
    Options
    A week before we went on holiday DD2 broke her ankle by falling off a horse. It needed an operation to have it pinned, plated and wired. It looked doubtful whether we'd make it but we did.

Had an absolutely fabulous holiday, in love with the place and the people. OH and I got on fantastically. I'd love to go back.

I'm now another year older but still not any the wiser. The debt has certainly increased and needs to be nipped in the bud.

Hoping to go up to the house after Christmas. It needs the chimney swept and the boiler serviced before the new season. Already got 9 weeks booked for next year.
    L
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,658 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    EEk to DD.
    Pleased you had a great holiday & excellent news on the 9 weeks booked for next year.
    Hope many do you hope to have booked in a year?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    Options
    Hi Beanie

This year my target was 26 weeks and managed 30. Next year still hoping for 26 as we had to put the price up quite a bit to cover costs.
    L
  • lucielle
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has read my witterings. It's time to put this diary to bed. I might start another one.
    L
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family