Lucielle's daring debt free journey

Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,787 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Friend is out of hospital but still waiting for results of tests. I've finished antibiotics and have now got a raging cold. Really not keen on this getting old malarkey!

I am playing at being the hostess with the mostest, got some friends coming round for dinner tonight so supposed to be chained to the kitchen but thought I'd have a break.

DS1 has just phoned he's broken down in the town. I think OH is going to go and recover him. I think this might be the death knell for his car though.

Decided to have a sneaky week in the cottage in September. Its a bit close to when we got to Sri Lanka in November but if we didn't go then we wouldn't get up again this year.

They have decided to charge business rates on the cottage and its eye watering. I am going to appeal but don't hold out much hope.

Well suppose I'd better go and make the sticky toffee sauce.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lucielle
    Options
    Had a hospital appointment today so changed day off. Went to a local retail outlet before appointment and managed to get 2 massive hold-alls with wheels for Sri Lanka in sale with another 10% off. DD1 also bagged herself a couple of bikinis for her trip to Texas.

L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • lucielle
    Options
    OHs 50th tomorrow and I've persuaded him to take the day off. Hope he enjoys what I've got planned.

Seriously !!!!!! off at work. I found a very large amount of money owing to the company and got a very snotty email from the boss for doing so. So much so that a tear was shed and I'm not a crying girl.
    L
  • lucielle
    Options
    OH enjoyed his surprise and will probably do it again which was great. He had a spa treatment and back massage. We both had the same deep tissue massage. It wasn't relaxing and I certainly gritted my teeth at some points but my back and shoulders felt amazing!

Making small payments to the ccs until Sri Lanka is paid for and then will start in earnest.

Thinking it night be time to call it a day with the diary.
    L
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :( sorry to hear that L...any reason why?

Sri Lanka sounds fun. Hasn't realised you'd booked that. We are planning big trips too..seems best use of the cash we have tbh after paying down the debts. Put most of flight costs onto a new 0% card which was good. Now need to plug away at getting shot of it.

Have a good Easter xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • lucielle
    Options
    I don't really feel as if I've got anything valuable to contribute anymore.

Still have some debt though.
    L
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,658 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't go :(
    All I seem to do on mine is moan :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    Options
    Thanks Beanie.
    L
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Don't go...you always have good things to contribute..love hearing about your kids, holiday house ;) and pets... :D

And Beanie..give over...no you don't!!!

:kiss: to you both
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • lucielle
    Options
    Well when I do get boring just tell me to bog off and I will!

DD1 and DS2 are off to the young farmers AGM which is being held in Torquay. They fly to Exeter on Thursday and come back sometime on Monday. Its the last one being held down there so it will be epic.

Currently got people in the cottage and then next week is empty. May 3 weeks away and June has nothing, nada, nobody. Not really sure why, hope we get a last minute flurry.

Sunday went for afternoon tea, to celebrate the end of the stocktake and the girls at work had got me a voucher for my birthday so a cheap treat.

Went and got my eyebrows threaded and OH got his hair cut yesterday. Also bought a new camera through the business predominantly for ebay but will be handy for Sri Lanka.

Ebay has been really busy. We cleared the decks on Saturday to catch the 12.00 post and by this morning we had 47 to post. OH was a bit sick!

I've been having some tests done and I've got sleep apnoea. I've had a CPAP machine for a week which has made a difference. I just feel so old and embarrassed by it. I'm sure it will get easier. I've managed to keep it on most nights though once or twice I've woken up and taken it off.

L
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family