Lucielle's daring debt free journey

Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,787 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I now resemble half a cherry tomato, clearly factor 15 face moisturiser is not strong enough!!! Note to self make sure to apply sun cream and ensure that whole of face is in the sun and to apply to tops of feet.

Have had another booking for the holiday cottage which brings us to the magic 26 weeks mark, that doesn't include the 2 weeks booked for next year. So excited about going next week and also have the wedding on Saturday, think we're nearly sorted.

Seem to have spent a lot my credit card which isn't good as the one that needs to be cleared each month. Spends include booking a room for DD1s graduation, gowns for said graduation etc. Still need to find £1600 for Sri Lanka might be a bit short but hopefully not.

DD2 has got a car and I'm hoping its a billy bob bargain. Just put it through its MOT and it has failed but not as much as we thought it was going to do and all the repairs can be done by us. DD2 has been told once she passes her theory she can go for her test not bad after 2 lessons. Trouble is she's just failed her theory!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,658 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy the graduation.
    Next week for DS :)
    Great news on cottage booking :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    Options
    Currently at the cottage. The weather has been great and done loads of walking. My body aches but it's all good. Day of rest today but got some jobs to do here. Going out for tea tonight and just had a slap up breakfast.

Journey up was ok set off at 4.15am and arrived just after 1.30. Not sure we'll leave quite as early as that on Saturday.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope all good with you x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We'll, I've just read your diary over the last few days. Yes, all of it :eek::D. (I'd read the last couple of pages and wanted to find out about the holiday cottage. Finally got to that 4 pages back :rotfl:). I've loved reading through it though, you have had quite a journey. Very sad about the horses when that chapter happened; and I had a little cheer when you got a new puppy :T: the stuff with your family sounds tough too. You're quite the inspiration, all told!

Anyway now I'm hooked, so keep posting ;)
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • lucielle
    Options
    WOW you must've been bored rigid! We have had a proud mum and dad moment and been to DD1s graduation last week. It was a beautiful day and everything went well. The only fly in the ointment was that I had to go and visit my sister in the afternoon. As previously mentioned she has got mental health problems and TBH I was dreading the visit. Any way needless to say it didn't go well. We went to a neutral location and sat around ignoring the elephant in the room. She chatted and was fairly normal but there was that voice saying she'll flip. True to form on the journey home she tried to leave the car while I was travelling down a narrow country lane at about 30-40mph with a car approaching. The only thing that stopped her was her seatbelt! She not only put herself in danger but the other car driver and my family. I have thought long and hard about what to do and have spent most of today on the phone to different departments trying to get somebody out to her. The other problem is that she's been removed from her GP list. There is nobody looking out for her and she's fallen through the cracks. The only advice I was given was to phone the police and ask them to do a welfare check. I'm not sure if I can cope with the abuse she'll hurl in my direction. I think I might try the Samaritans first. Can't seem to put gaps in the text so apologies for the block writing. Holiday cottage is going well and have got 27 weeks booked for this year and 2 weeks for next year. Debt payments are slow as still saving for Sri Lanka. L
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hard as it is I think you need to ask the police to do a welfare check :(

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Am with Beanie on this one. Sorry. Can you do it anonymously?

So so pleased re the graduation...you did well (clearly ;))
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ditto from me as well - putting herself at risk is bad enough but putting others at risk .....
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport