Lucielle's daring debt free journey

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Eeek to the sleep apnoea.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ugh to that. But not being able to sleep well is so hideous and soul destroying on so many levels so if the diagnosis and machine helps, its surely got to be worth it?

Sorry re the house too - June is a great month for the Highlands and Islands. Hope it picks up. The EBay sales are huge...thats incredible. You should be very pleased

xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,787 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Brizzle, slowly coming terms with it, got a meeting with the consultant on Tuesday.

Got a 2 week booking for June, so that's good now up to a total of 23 weeks for this year. I'd really like 26 weeks so not far to go.

Ebay is a bit of a monster packaged up 20 items yesterday to clear the decks and give OH a chance of getting caught up, he still had 20 to do this morning.

We are having another session at the weekend to get more items listed.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • beanielou
    Options
    23 weeks is blooming good for your first full year I think.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• lucielle
    Options
    So currently can't sleep, sigh! Got a consultants appointment on Tuesday regarding sleep, maybe some help their.

Managed to get a new to me shawl and fascinator for my nieces wedding for the sum of £10. It was only when I got it home and looked at the back of the fascinator it had £44 written on it!!! Who pays that?

Going to open an new savings account today at the Halifax. Our Yorkshire building society is closing down. This will be where the holiday money is going to go.

OH managed to get 2 bikes for the total of £160 just need a service and then should be good to go.

Off to the metro centre on Sunday, DD1 is off to Texas next Saturday and needs a few bits and bobs before she goes.

Can't believe its May this week and it means we've had Izzy for a whole year. She was in the dog house yesterday after chewing OHs glasses. They are his spare pair but he should've put them away.

Booked myself in for 2 1 day bootcamps and hopefully get me kick started on some exercise.

Currently have holiday savings of £1970 need £4247 by August. Chaps have promised some as part of OHs 50th. Really want to have this paid for without using a card.

Current cc debt is all at 0% and looks like this
    card 1 £4198.79
    card 2 £1405.00

Total £5603.79
    Would like to bet that cleared by the end of 2018.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • beanielou
    Options
    Keep plodding ;)

• lucielle
    Options
    Feeling a bit meh at the moment. I hurt my back last weekend riding my bike of all things. OH managed to get 2 secondhand bikes and in attempt to get fitter we rode to the pub (Oh the irony) which was 8 miles away. My back started hurting en route and I was loathe to get off because I knew it was going to hurt. We left the bikes at the pub and one of the chaps came and picked us up. I have booked to see a chiropractor, which is this Wednesday. Hope its worth it as its a different one to the one I normally use and a lot more expensive. We've also got someone coming to look at giving our website a much needed over haul.

DD2 turned 17 yesterday, just waiting for her to pass her theory test and then I'll try to get a block booking of lessons and get her test passed.

Still saving like mad for Sri Lanka DD1 gave OH some money this week so that has boosted it up a bit. DD1 has flown to Texas today with uni and will be back in a weeks time. Her car was playing up when she drove down on Friday. Not sure what's up with it and it may have to come back courtesy of the AA.

Went out to the garden centre and got some compost ready for planting my willies, had some vouchers and a money off coupon so free really.
    L
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope your back improves :)
    Take care.

• lucielle
    Options
    Been to the chiropractor and been crunched need to go for the next 2 weeks, that's not budget for, however needs must.

Taken the plunge and informed DVLA about my sleep problems, really didn't want to do that but its off the list.

Chased up people owing money so that should start to trickle through.

In other news DS1 has handed his notice in and is coming to live back at home. There has been a big discussion about ground rules. I have to say I'm absolutely dreading it. Ultimately he's aiming to go to New Zealand in approx. 4-5 months. We shall see.

Been to yoga for the first time its on again tonight. It did help my back so I'll keep going for now.

Had a good time at dog agility and Izzy was sort of listening to me.

Paid another fiver off the cc but still saving like mad for Sri Lanka and the wedding next month.
    L
  • beanielou
    Options
    Jeez.
    Lots of positive vibes re DS.
    REmember I had DS & GF for 22 months:eek: :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure