Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 164
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 20th Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    • 8,241 Posts
    • 4,899 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I would like to put a sum of about £30K somewhere. I already have a Lloyds Club account with the linked savings account. Where could I put the rest? Whats the ICIC account mentioned further down the thread?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by Jane Thomas

There is lots of information in both this forum section and the other one on bank accounts.
    Last edited by teddysmum; 20-04-2017 at 3:15 PM.
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 4th May 17, 7:04 AM
    • 1,718 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    isasmurf
    New issue of YBS single saver from today, reduction over the previous issue at 1.10%
    • colsten
    • By colsten 4th May 17, 9:50 AM
    • 8,723 Posts
    • 7,388 Thanks
    colsten
    New issue of YBS single saver from today, reduction over the previous issue at 1.10%
    Originally posted by isasmurf
    Whilst it is instant access, you only get that rate if you don't make more than 1 withdrawal per year.
    • picks
    • By picks 5th May 17, 8:55 AM
    • 175 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    picks
    Whilst it is instant access, you only get that rate if you don't make more than 1 withdrawal per year.
    Originally posted by colsten
    You forgot to add that your one withdrawal is subject to daily withdrawal limits. Further, you also either have to be able traipse into a branch with a passbook or rely on snailmail hoping your postal items won't be delayed or lost in transit.

It sounds to me like a throwback to the Flintstone era.
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 5th May 17, 9:31 AM
    • 1,718 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    isasmurf
    You forgot to add that your one withdrawal is subject to daily withdrawal limits. Further, you also either have to be able traipse into a branch with a passbook or rely on snailmail hoping your postal items won't be delayed or lost in transit.
    Originally posted by picks
    Let's have a look at the out details shall we?
    The account can be managed in branch, at an agency, by post or online
    How much can I pay from my account by Faster Payments?
    Where the destination account has been set up for more than 30 days, transacting from...

Agency: Up to £10,000
    Branch: Up to £25,000
    Telephone: Up to £25,000
    Online: No limit
    • picks
    • By picks 5th May 17, 9:41 AM
    • 175 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    picks
    Let's have a look at the out details shall we?
    “The account can be managed in branch, at an agency, by post or online
    Ah, they must have changed that in a hurry. On the YBS website at this minute it's not listed under Online Savings Accounts: http://www.ybs.co.uk/savings/online/index.html.
    First thing his morning on the Moneyfacts Savings list it was Branch and Post only (https://moneyfacts.co.uk/savings/easy-access-savings-accounts/). Then about 15 minutes ago it seem to disappear from the Moneyfacts. Now it's back on Moneyfacts but still claiming you must open it in Branch or by Post. So use caution as it could change again! I suspect if you try to open by post, it will get there too late before the product is either withdrawn or changed again.
    Last edited by picks; 05-05-2017 at 9:52 AM.
    • alanq
    • By alanq 5th May 17, 10:42 AM
    • 3,733 Posts
    • 2,392 Thanks
    alanq
    Originally posted by colsten
    Two if you count closure.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 8th May 17, 2:11 PM
    • 1,718 Posts
    • 738 Thanks
    isasmurf
    Tesco have increased the rate of the Internet Saver for new accounts paying 1.06% with the bonus.
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 8th May 17, 5:53 PM
    • 970 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Tesco have increased the rate of the Internet Saver for new accounts paying 1.06% with the bonus.
    So was 1% now 1.06% that means for every £100 I will now get £1.06 .. wow Every little helps
    I thank you for reading this message. Maybe you will thank me for posting it!
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 8th May 17, 6:38 PM
    • 1,685 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    polymaff
    So was 1% now 1.06% that means for every £100 I will now get £1.06 .. wow Every little helps
    Originally posted by I-LOV-MONEY
    Steadily rising since last September, though

If only others would follow suit.
    • picks
    • By picks 8th May 17, 6:39 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    picks
    To be exact, last week it was 1.01% and a few weeks before that it was 0,96%. So actually recently it's gone up from 0.96% to 1.06% including 0.66% 1 year bonus
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 8th May 17, 11:54 PM
    • 970 Posts
    • 552 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    To be exact, last week it was 1.01% and a few weeks before that it was 0,96%. So actually recently it's gone up from 0.96% to 1.06% including 0.66% 1 year bonus
    I am only getting 1%. Normally at the end of each year, the bonus drops off, so I close the account and open a new one and get the bonus again ! However, it is not worth the hassle for .06%
    I thank you for reading this message. Maybe you will thank me for posting it!
    • adindas
    • By adindas 19th May 17, 5:32 PM
    • 3,223 Posts
    • 1,556 Thanks
    adindas
    Does anyone know how good the FPI / FPO of the Ford money flexible saver.

How long will it take to hit the other side and Vice versa using FPO / FPI. Are they also do FPI during the weekend.

https://www.fordmoney.co.uk/savings-products/flexible-saver
    • Steve_xx
    • By Steve_xx 19th May 17, 6:22 PM
    • 6,406 Posts
    • 2,672 Thanks
    Steve_xx
    Does anyone know how good the FPI / FPO of the Ford money flexible saver.

How long will it take to hit the other side and Vice versa using FPO / FPI. Are they also do FPI during the weekend.

https://www.fordmoney.co.uk/savings-products/flexible-saver
    Originally posted by adindas
    I sent £1 to it this morning and it's there now.
    • dekkard
    • By dekkard 19th Jun 17, 8:51 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    dekkard
    Ulster Bank now offering the best Instant Access rate: 1.25% AER

( http://digital.ulsterbank.co.uk/personal/savings/instant-access-accounts/eSavings.html )
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 14th Aug 17, 1:18 PM
    • 2,029 Posts
    • 1,273 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Notts Building Society eSaver 7 - rate reduction
    It's been replaced by eSaver Instant Issue 7, interest rate 1.05% for a balance of £1,000+. Given that interest rates are appalling at the moment, for instant access it's the best of a bad bunch currently beaten only by RCI at 1.10% for £100+.
    Rate is to be reduced to 0.9% at the end of Aug
    Last edited by veryintrigued; 14-08-2017 at 2:14 PM.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 14th Aug 17, 1:44 PM
    • 8,241 Posts
    • 4,899 Thanks
    teddysmum

It's now 0.4% with a one year 0.76% bonus, making 1.16%,but you can have (I think it was) 6 accounts ,so easy to close one and reopen one with the bonus.

Tesco has the bonus of drawing direct debits from current accounts, so helping current account quotas.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 14th Aug 17, 1:46 PM
    • 5,464 Posts
    • 5,270 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Ulster Bank now offering the best Instant Access rate: 1.25% AER

( http://digital.ulsterbank.co.uk/personal/savings/instant-access-accounts/eSavings.html )
    Originally posted by dekkard
    While that was (and still is) indeed a decent rate worth sharing at its June launch, anyone looking for genuinely instant (or even easy) access ought to read this thread before putting any money anywhere near Ulster Bank, who would appear to have been swamped by the take-up of it:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5668139
    • Gollygumdrops
    • By Gollygumdrops 14th Aug 17, 2:16 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Gollygumdrops
    I second what eskbanker has said.

I have just posted on the UB thread my latest experience of said "instant access" account.

Until I was sure they had sorted out their ludicrous account opening procedures, (info needed sent by them via text, message, email and post!) and after almost a month I still cannot access my on-line account. Waiting for yet another, activation code!
    • theloft
    • By theloft 15th Aug 17, 9:03 AM
    • 1,688 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    theloft
    I gave up with Ulster Bank. Really ludicrous opening procedure and then they wanted proof of identity with passport or driving licence, despite having all my personal details, Nat Ins. No. etc.etc. This was a joint account so I went to the nearest Natwest Bank, (part of Ulster Bank Group) to show them our passports but then they stated they had to see my wife in person, although she has an account at that branch. Enough is enough!.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,736Posts Today

7,585Users online

Martin's Twitter