Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davelewis
    • By davelewis 24th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 364Posts
    • 343Thanks
    davelewis
    M&S Sale
    • 24th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    M&S Sale 24th Sep 17 at 9:42 PM
    Just received a sparks 50% off sale preview email. Hopefully this means the sale will start online and instore Tuesday 26th September :-)

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 26 Sep: Go online to M&S or in store (find your nearest) to get up to 50% off selected clothing, beauty, home and furniture products.

The sale began on Tue 26 Sep and M&S says the sale will run while stocks last, so go quick if there’s something you want.

Big thanks to davelewis for the spot!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Oliver; 26-09-2017 at 6:08 PM.
Page 1
    • pjran
    • By pjran 25th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    • 996 Posts
    • 6,069 Thanks
    pjran
    • 25th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    • 25th Sep 17, 11:43 AM
    Ah you beat me to it, I was about to post about the M&S sale and provide a link to Priority Access with 50% off.

However, I would like to remind people that I also received an extra 20% with my account offers so that really was a great bonus
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 25th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 4,154 Posts
    • 9,042 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    • 25th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 25th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    I wonder where my email is, nothing in junk and I'm supposed to have priority access. Though that was a total waste of time with the last sale.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,807.40
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,313.50
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 25th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    • 12,709 Posts
    • 40,276 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 25th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    • 25th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    I wonder where my email is, nothing in junk and I'm supposed to have priority access. Though that was a total waste of time with the last sale.
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    Not sure if my link will work for you? http://www.marksandspencer.com/s/offers/priority-access
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • littlereddevil
    • By littlereddevil 25th Sep 17, 4:15 PM
    • 4,697 Posts
    • 1,953 Thanks
    littlereddevil
    • 25th Sep 17, 4:15 PM
    • 25th Sep 17, 4:15 PM
    Didn't find one single item to buy!
    travelover
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 25th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 4,154 Posts
    • 9,042 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    • 25th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 25th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    Not sure if my link will work for you? http://www.marksandspencer.com/s/offers/priority-access
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    Still no email, I got in by logging into my Sparks account. So thanks for the heads up!

I think their new sales strategy is poor, no-one wants to buy summer clothes now! Last year, they were selling these items in August, when there was a chance people wanted them for last minute holidays etc. The only thing I will buy is underwear.
    Minimalist
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,313.50
    • mark5211
    • By mark5211 25th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    mark5211
    • 25th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    • 25th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    Everything seems a bit dull compared with last years sale!
    • pjran
    • By pjran 3rd Oct 17, 10:01 AM
    • 996 Posts
    • 6,069 Thanks
    pjran
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:01 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:01 AM
    Further reductions online.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 3rd Oct 17, 5:19 PM
    • 4,154 Posts
    • 9,042 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:19 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:19 PM
    I don't think I'll be using M&S online sale again. They sent me used underwear, without hygiene seals or tags! I was completely shocked. I realise customers return items, but they shouldn't have accepted it in this condition, least of all sent it out to another customer! Gross. They refunded me without question, but it's not the kind of thing you expect is it?
    Minimalist
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 5th Oct 17, 9:36 AM
    • 18,583 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Everything seems a bit dull compared with last years sale!
    Originally posted by mark5211
    I've actually bought quite a few things in store and also ordered 4 items to collect from store - including a pair of oxblood patent leather brogues reduced from over £40 to £15.

Very unlike me as I'm not a usual M&S shopper.
    • grannybiker
    • By grannybiker 8th Oct 17, 11:21 AM
    • 10,570 Posts
    • 1,014,544 Thanks
    grannybiker
    Worth a browse if you're in town...
    Bought a couple of dresses yesterday
    One was £35 down to £6 odd
    Second was over £50 down to £8.40.

Loads of stuff on a rail instore in a range of sizes.
    Went down to the M&S outlet and no such bargains!
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 8th Oct 17, 11:59 AM
    • 18,583 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I've actually bought quite a few things in store and also ordered 4 items to collect from store - including a pair of oxblood patent leather brogues reduced from over £40 to £15.

Very unlike me as I'm not a usual M&S shopper.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    Very upset.
    One of the items I ordered was a pair of 'jewelled' nude leather sandals for my holidays, reduced from (I think) £29.50 to £8.00.
    They fit perfectly, the insole is padded and the straps are in exactly the right place for my feet.
    But......one of the straps is coming unstitched so they have to go back.
    And they are now out of stock.

I bought a bikini top - I have a bikini in the same colour & pattern but different style - and managed to find a matching pair of bottoms (again a different style to the pair I already have) in store for £3.00..

The oxblood shoes are fab!
    Very edgy, look great with opaque tights and jeggings - a bit Dr Marten-ish.
    • babymt
    • By babymt 8th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    babymt
    Particularly good sale online on men's big and tall. Got my husband a 150 quid suit for 40 and lots of trousers for £3-£6
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 8th Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Does anyone know when they will be reducing the clearance stuff further?
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 9th Oct 17, 7:51 AM
    • 4,391 Posts
    • 4,797 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Las time I'm not even sure they did further reductions after 60% off online, so this might be it.
    I read an article recently where they said they're trying to do away with the very heavy reductions.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 9th Oct 17, 8:21 AM
    • 4,580 Posts
    • 14,807 Thanks
    redagila
    Very upset.
    One of the items I ordered was a pair of 'jewelled' nude leather sandals for my holidays, reduced from (I think) £29.50 to £8.00.
    They fit perfectly, the insole is padded and the straps are in exactly the right place for my feet.
    But......one of the straps is coming unstitched so they have to go back.
    And they are now out of stock.

I bought a bikini top - I have a bikini in the same colour & pattern but different style - and managed to find a matching pair of bottoms (again a different style to the pair I already have) in store for £3.00..

The oxblood shoes are fab!
    Very edgy, look great with opaque tights and jeggings - a bit Dr Marten-ish.
    Originally posted by Pollycat

Why don't you take the shoes to your local cobbler who will probably be able to stitch them for a few pounds?
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 9th Oct 17, 9:42 AM
    • 18,583 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Why don't you take the shoes to your local cobbler who will probably be able to stitch them for a few pounds?
    Originally posted by redagila
    Thanks.

Unfortunately, it's not just a case of the straps coming unstitched, the strap is actually broken right where it joins the top part of the sandal. I think one wear would snap the strap.
    I initially thought it was glue but on further inspection the sandal is definitely faulty.

Originally posted by kiwi07
    Some of the stuff in our M&S was definitely reduced by more than 60% when I popped in yesterday.
    Not sure about online.
    I ordered some trousers that had been £27.50 but £8.00 in the sale so that was more than 60% anyway,
    They were on the rail yesterday at less than £8 but I can't remember the exact price.
    • savethepandas
    • By savethepandas 9th Oct 17, 12:10 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    savethepandas
    Originally posted by kiwi07
    Got an email from M&S on Saturday morning, and the last item stated that the online sale had gone to 70% off.

Was in the Guildford store in the afternoon and still promoting 60% off in the window and on the double height racks, although some items had more that 70% off, but (of the items I looked at) the online stock were definitely cheaper. Instore sale stickers were still white not yellow.
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 9th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Thanks but not everything reduced for more than 60% yet. That is why I want to know about next markdowns.
    • kellybells
    • By kellybells 10th Oct 17, 1:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    kellybells
    The sale has finished online. Does anyone know whether it is still continuing in store?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

489Posts Today

3,638Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin