Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 28th Feb 17, 11:14 AM
    • 8,268Posts
    • 20,324Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Contacting the Forum Team
    • 28th Feb 17, 11:14 AM
    Contacting the Forum Team 28th Feb 17 at 11:14 AM
    As suggested by Wig (thank you!) here's the best way to contact the Forum Team.

We regularly check the Site Feedback board and do our best to reply where we can (we have a team rota) but sometimes staff are off sick, we have an urgent issue come up e.g., a defamation complaint, all of which unfortunately can take our time up on something else.

If that happens and you feel we haven't seen something urgent here's how you can get in touch with us:

Report an issue to us the usual way by clicking on the report button in the post.

Feel free to post the issue on the Site Feedback board then click the report button on your post to let us know. Your query will then go into our Zendesk queue and be picked up quickly. Many forum users already do this to let us know about an issue. Make sure you explain why you're reporting your own post

You can also PM all of us with the links to threads too.

If you've done the above we will be aware. If you still don't think we are, though, you can private message us. As

The MSE Forum and Social Media Team comprises MSE Matt (Manager), MSE Jessica, MSE Avi, MSE Andrea

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 28th Feb 17, 12:33 PM
    • 8,641 Posts
    • 18,694 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    • 28th Feb 17, 12:33 PM
    • 28th Feb 17, 12:33 PM
    The MSE Forum and Social Media Team comprises MSE Matt (Manager), MSE Jessica, MSE Avi, MSE Andrea
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea
    You might want to update the picture of the Team at top right of the forum page.
    Last edited by Mandelbrot; 28-02-2017 at 1:05 PM.
    • MSE Matt
    • By MSE Matt 1st Mar 17, 9:09 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    MSE Matt
    • 1st Mar 17, 9:09 AM
    • 1st Mar 17, 9:09 AM
    You might want to update the picture of the Team at top right of the forum page.
    Originally posted by Mandelbrot
    We have updated the team image in the latest version of the forum. We don't currently make any visual updates to the green version.

MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 1st Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 6,833 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 1st Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 1st Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    Sorry I couldn't resist. Do your names reflect your sex? As in Male and Female.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 1st Mar 17, 11:10 PM
    • 8,641 Posts
    • 18,694 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    • 1st Mar 17, 11:10 PM
    • 1st Mar 17, 11:10 PM
    We have updated the team image in the latest version of the forum. We don't currently make any visual updates to the green version.
    Originally posted by MSE Matt
    Would you care to explain why?
    You obviously update the rest of the right hand panel.
    And if something is now out of date it seems odd to be happy to just let it remain out of date. Even deleting it would seem to be an improvement on that.
    Based on the views expressed in polls at the time the 'blue' version was introduced, my feeling is that many long-time users are still on the 'green' version.
    Do you have any figures on the percentages of regular users who use each version?
    • shyestgirl
    • By shyestgirl 3rd Mar 17, 6:00 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    shyestgirl
    • 3rd Mar 17, 6:00 PM
    • 3rd Mar 17, 6:00 PM
    As suggested by Wig (thank you!) here's the best way to contact the Forum Team.

We regularly check the Site Feedback board and do our best to reply where we can (we have a team rota) but sometimes staff are off sick, we have an urgent issue come up e.g., a defamation complaint, all of which unfortunately can take our time up on something else.

If that happens and you feel we haven't seen something urgent here's how you can get in touch with us:

Report an issue to us the usual way by clicking on the report button in the post.

Feel free to post the issue on the Site Feedback board then click the report button on your post to let us know. Your query will then go into our Zendesk queue and be picked up quickly. Many forum users already do this to let us know about an issue. Make sure you explain why you're reporting your own post

You can also PM all of us with the links to threads too.

If you've done the above we will be aware. If you still don't think we are, though, you can private message us. As

How do I PM you, as I'm new here? I don't see anything that says send private message.
    Thanks
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 3rd Mar 17, 11:21 PM
    • 6,833 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    • 3rd Mar 17, 11:21 PM
    • 3rd Mar 17, 11:21 PM
    You don't PM the mods. You can only report.
    You can PM the guides, and they will reply,
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 4th Mar 17, 1:52 AM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 3,614 Thanks
    cbrown372
    • 4th Mar 17, 1:52 AM
    • 4th Mar 17, 1:52 AM
    At the bottom of the forums there is a list marked view Board Guides and Admin. On the right hand side of each name is a button marked send pm. As Andrea says select the forum team member you wish to contact and press the send pm button.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • Sjc1973
    • By Sjc1973 12th Mar 17, 8:25 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    Sjc1973
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:25 AM
    Reporting spam button
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:25 AM
    Morning,

This might only be a problem for me but thought I would still bring to your attention. I use a iPad to access the MSE forum. However where I would naturally scroll on the screen always seems to be where the spam button is and I often accidentally hit it. I do cancel it but I am not sure if it is too late then. When using a iPad you have limited space to scroll on the screen without clicking into something etc. It seems natural to do so on the right side of the screen ( if your right handed). I think moving the spam button would help. As stated though it might not be an issue for anyone else. I also wonder through error how often the spam button been pressed and if frequently it must be time consuming for those who need to check these and they turn out not to be spam. I'll take the opportunity here to apologise for my own errors !,,
    • Mandelbrot
    • By Mandelbrot 12th Mar 17, 1:08 PM
    • 8,641 Posts
    • 18,694 Thanks
    Mandelbrot
    Morning,

This might only be a problem for me but thought I would still bring to your attention. I use a iPad to access the MSE forum. However where I would naturally scroll on the screen always seems to be where the spam button is and I often accidentally hit it. I do cancel it but I am not sure if it is too late then. When using a iPad you have limited space to scroll on the screen without clicking into something etc. It seems natural to do so on the right side of the screen ( if your right handed). I think moving the spam button would help. As stated though it might not be an issue for anyone else. I also wonder through error how often the spam button been pressed and if frequently it must be time consuming for those who need to check these and they turn out not to be spam. I'll take the opportunity here to apologise for my own errors !,,
    Originally posted by Sjc1973
    I'm fairly sure this has been brought to the attention of MSE before.
    I have had exactly the same problem, and I am not averse to mentioning such things on this board ...
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 13th Mar 17, 9:34 PM
    • 51,387 Posts
    • 21,753 Thanks
    grumbler
    You can also PM all of us ... The MSE Forum and Social Media Team
    How do I PM you, as I'm new here? I don't see anything that says send private message.
    Originally posted by shyestgirl
    Click MSE Andrea on the left side of her post >> Send a private message to MSE Andrea
    You don't PM the mods. You can only report.
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Who are the 'mods' if not the 'Forum Team" then?
    Last edited by grumbler; 13-03-2017 at 9:36 PM.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 14th Mar 17, 11:37 AM
    • 8,268 Posts
    • 20,324 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi all!

Thanks for pointing our newbie in the right direction everyone.

Spam button - one click alone, even if you don't realise and don't reverse it, won't take action on a post so don't worry about that, it's fine

Mods - none of us on MSE are "moderators" for legal reasons - that could give people the wrong impression; that we see all posts and can take action (moderate) and have "allowed" them. We have nearly 42 million posts on our Forum now (!!!) so there's no way that's happening!

Very good questions, it's always useful to reiterate this kind of thing. Thank you!

Join the MSE Forum
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Mar 17, 7:32 PM
    • 6,833 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Users Avatars have disappeared again!
    Is it the default blue and white skin?
    It keeps happening.
    I just can't get on with the old green one, as it has taken me since I joined to learn everything.
    What should I do?
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 22nd Mar 17, 10:04 PM
    • 4,297 Posts
    • 25,962 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    I have been ip address books blocked. How do I reset. User Boppette was logged in at the same time. Two different tablets. Same isp. Same ip. Get your softies on it.

Ba
    Last edited by Blackbeard of Perranporth; 22-03-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    No one dreams of escape
    From the aroma of a cheap jar of coffee
    • LABMAN
    • By LABMAN 22nd Mar 17, 10:56 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 902 Thanks
    LABMAN
    I have been ip address books blocked. How do I reset. User Boppette was logged in at the same time. Two different tablets. Same isp. Same ip. Get your softies on it.

Ba
    Originally posted by Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Waste of time...been that way for me all week. Using another browser to get around it. MSE customer service is broken. Also pointed out an error in the newsletter in the early hours of this morning...still not corrected. 80+ staff...doing?
    Je suis Parisien
    • gwin
    • By gwin 14th Jun 17, 3:00 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    gwin
    How do I start new thread?
    How do I start thread? FAQs says button at top and bottom. Not on mine. And video doesn't even bother to mention it.
    Pretty important part of a forum I would've thought.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,990Posts Today

6,716Users online

Martin's Twitter