Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 26th Feb 17, 5:02 PM
    • 3,227Posts
    • 27,056Thanks
    shala_moo
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 26th Feb 17, 5:02 PM
    Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017 26th Feb 17 at 5:02 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Last edited by shala_moo; 26-02-2017 at 5:29 PM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 35
    • Tete en l'Air
    • By Tete en l'Air 20th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    • 6,744 Posts
    • 30,565 Thanks
    Tete en l'Air
    Oh dear! It's hard to know what to say to that Lantanna as it's not something that would offend me, I think we're all 'on the spectrum' to an extent (I call it my Only Child Syndrome as I hate sharing, or people touching my stuff ) Their reaction suggests that you may have hit a bit of a nerve. Could you apologise for speaking out of turn and say no more about it?
    Be a Stunner for Summer Challenge: 0/10 (9/42 in total)
    Currently reading: The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet; Amber Spyglass AB (23/30 in 2017)
    My 'Life Begins at 35' diary *click*
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 20th Mar 17, 5:59 PM
    • 46,257 Posts
    • 163,888 Thanks
    beanielou
    No advice to offer.
    Sure all will come right.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 20th Mar 17, 7:15 PM
    • 4,500 Posts
    • 33,144 Thanks
    joedenise
    Syns have changed for me today - no chocolate so saving 9 syns. DH opened a bottle of wine and I said I'd have a medium glass for 8 syns! Problem was he then came in with the bottle so I had a small glass so another 6 syns! Oh well I'm well within syns overall for the week, LOL!

Denise
    • shiprob195
    • By shiprob195 20th Mar 17, 7:25 PM
    • 701 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    shiprob195
    I went away to my parents for the weekend, so had limited control over meals.
    As I stood on the scales at group I hoped for a maintain.
    I was really surprised with a 3.5 lb loss

Over the moon! 36.5 lbs lost in 11 weeks
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    Weight loss so far 4 stone 4.5 lbs

Loss needed to get to target 14lbs
    24 weeks in to my weightloss journey
    • Moneysaverme
    • By Moneysaverme 20th Mar 17, 7:46 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 1,262 Thanks
    Moneysaverme
    Hey,

Reporting a loss of 1 lb this week. Very surprised as I've eaten a lot of chocolate and generally fallen a bit off the wagon this week. Rubbish week and grumpy mood etc etc. What I did eat that was SW must have carried me through all the bad stuff.

Oh well, onwards...
    Weight loss 2017 - 16 lbs
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 20th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 14,438 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Hello, everyone, this will be my Tuesday's menu plan..

Breakfast..overnight oats B ( ff yoghurt frozen berries )

Lunch. ,. Lentil and bacon soup Ryvita plus butter 6 syns. Banana.

Dinner.. chicken breast New potatoes, mixed veg. Clementine.

Extra 2 crispbreads inc butter 5 syns f f Greek strawberry yoghurt,
    Homemade crisps ( made in the microwave )
    11 syns. A milk for brews.
    • piglet6
    • By piglet6 20th Mar 17, 8:32 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 5,621 Thanks
    piglet6
    Evening, all - well done to all losers...

Today's plan was:

B: Cheese (HExA) omelette with mushrooms & tomatoes
    L: Cauliflower & horseradish soup
    D: SW Pork & leek sausage, cauliflower, broccoli, leeks, carrots & celery. Alpen light bar (HeExB).

Tomorrow's menu:

B: Cheese (HExA) omelette with mushrooms & tomatoes
    L: Leek & potato soup
    D: Macaroni cheese with cauliflower, broccoli & leeks, topped with tomatoes.
    HExB tbc... Might be stewed plums with Greek yoghurt, or maybe another Alpen light bar.

Not sure about the SW pork & leek sausages... Definitely prefer the plain pork ones, but they might be better cooked in a casserole. I thought they had a bit of an odd taste (but not leek! ). Will eat the rest of the packet for MSE reasons , but will probably stick to the plain pork ones going forward...

P x
    SW - 29½lbs lost in 2017...
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 20th Mar 17, 8:38 PM
    • 3,227 Posts
    • 27,056 Thanks
    shala_moo
    Evening all.. just a quick post with the chart. Normal service will resume tomorrow.

As always if I've missed your result for last week then please give me a nudge, I really have only managed to skim read the posts as you lot have chatted so much since I last logged on

SOTW* is.... WHIPLASHY with a loss of 2.5lbs!!

Congratulations!

*SOTW is the person who has lost the most weight this week, but also had a loss or sts last week.
    Last edited by shala_moo; 20-03-2017 at 8:55 PM.
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
    • pixtotts
    • By pixtotts 20th Mar 17, 9:25 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 8,776 Thanks
    pixtotts
    Right lets ignore me on the table above... I need to stop having a social life!

As expected burger Saturday was gorgeous! But I am totally ignoring syns for that... I have worked out syns for drinks and the rest of the weekends food... and finish on 47, only 12 of which were food lol. While not ideal that isn't that horrific... right? :/ Meh it was SO worth it! I definitely got lots of body magic in too! and I have no more things planned in the diary, absolutely nothing involving food or alcohol until May (at the moment....)

So I am back at it properly, my boyfriend made me gorgeous pasta Sunday night with chorizo and red pesto and I worked it out to not be too bad on syns so I've decided I really need to start using syns for nicer meals rather than wasting them on sweet treats.

I'm finishing today on 7 syns,
    Breakfast - 2slices toast with biscoff (2syns)
    Lunch - bubble and squeak with tin tomatoes
    Dinner - homity pie with extra leek, carrot, swede, tomato, and tender stem broccoli and beans on the side
    snack - hi fi (3) chewing gum (0.5), an oreo thin (1.5) and a most of a punnet of strawberries <3 and muller light

Tomorrows plan is ....
    Breakfast - bacon, scrambled egg, and the rest of the tin tomatoes
    Lunch - pasta, onions and peppers with red pesto (syns... not sure how many yet) got a taste for it now...
    Dinner - fanta chicken (we prefer fanta to coke....)
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 20th Mar 17, 10:11 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 13,585 Thanks
    greentiger
    Hope your antibiotics sort things out for you, Lizzie.

Well done for losses, Whiplashy, Lois, mrs motivated, att, shiprob, Msm and Cazza.

Congrats on being our SOTW, Whiplashy. Thanks for the chart, shala.

It’s the expected +1lb for me today. And I am now officially in birthday mode so first meal out was tonight with son and family. They couldn’t manage tomorrow for the real deal, so it’s back out tomorrow with daughter and her family (they couldn’t manage tonight!). I’ll be back out on Friday with friends. I think I need to wire my jaws on Wednesday & Thursday!

We caved catastrophically against England, Whiplashy, but managed to beat Ireland, for a change.

I agree with Tete, that we’re all somewhere on the autistic spectrum, lantanna. For me it manifests itself with my obsession with being on time, knowing exactly where I am when travelling (I love those flight path trackers on planes) and in having to have particular matching pegs for hanging washing. So I wouldn’t be offended by the question.
    Stashbusting 102/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 11/17
    Reading Challenge 10/40
    Film Challenge 22/52
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 20th Mar 17, 10:13 PM
    • 3,227 Posts
    • 27,056 Thanks
    shala_moo
    completely forgot to say.... Happy Birthday for tomorrow greentiger!
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
    • tammy61
    • By tammy61 20th Mar 17, 10:33 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    tammy61
    I've had a really bad couple of days. Yesterday I couldn't resist a roll packed with cheese and then today went to a lovely nursery for a friends birthday and ate a large cake with butter icing and cream. Think my weigh in on Wednesday is going to be sad.
    Well done to every body else with their journey.
    • Tete en l'Air
    • By Tete en l'Air 21st Mar 17, 7:36 AM
    • 6,744 Posts
    • 30,565 Thanks
    Tete en l'Air
    Tammy don't let the wheels fall off - you still have today to do damage limitation. The cake sounds delicious

Ooh happy birthday Greentiger! And I wish my obsessiveness manifested itself in being on time - I'm always late for everything.

Well done for SOTW Whiplashy, and thank you Shala!

I'm the same as you Pixtotts - lost a bit, gained a bit, and back where I started at the beginning of the challenge. Not sure I have enough time between now and weigh day (Fri) to achieve a loss this week but I'll try.

I've a feeling my muscles are retaining water as they heal from the race on Sunday (I really am aching all over - hills and gales and distance! Yoga last night has helped but not a lot.) because I didn't even need the loo when I woke up this morning so I've just downed a pint of water and will have another after this.

Today's plan is:
    B - Mixed fruit and Greek yog as yesterday, with chia seeds
    D - TCC Chicken, leek and sweet potato pie with a boiled egg
    T - Spag bol
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Chia seeds
    Syns - Yoghurt (1), sugar in coffee (4), and probably an extra coffee to take to class tonight (3 for sugar and milk)

Really need to get my bum in gear and do some batch cooking this week as I'm eating my freezer stash as quickly as it's going in there like some sort of really boring Pac Man, existing on the same meal for four days before making something else. Tell me your favourite freezable recipes please!

And have a lovely day all, beautiful sunshine in the NE!
    Last edited by Tete en l'Air; 21-03-2017 at 8:07 AM.
    Be a Stunner for Summer Challenge: 0/10 (9/42 in total)
    Currently reading: The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet; Amber Spyglass AB (23/30 in 2017)
    My 'Life Begins at 35' diary *click*
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 21st Mar 17, 7:39 AM
    • 1,281 Posts
    • 5,408 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Thanks for the chart Shala.

Some brilliant losses people. I will just go hang my head in shame, as I doubt tonights weigh in is going to be good.

I can be soooooo good Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and most of Friday, and then it all just goes so wrong

Todays plan:
    Breakfast - overnight oats
    Lunch - ham salad
    Dinner - speedy chicken noodle soup thingy
    Snacks - watermelon

HA - milk
    HB - oats
    syns - 1/2 a syn for miso paste in soup thingy. Rest of my syns got used at the weekend
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 43 lb
    Last updated: 13th June 2017
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 21st Mar 17, 7:40 AM
    • 1,281 Posts
    • 5,408 Thanks
    kathrynha
    And forgot to say, Happy birthday GreenTiger
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 43 lb
    Last updated: 13th June 2017
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 21st Mar 17, 8:13 AM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 14,438 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Happy Birthday Green Tiger have a lovely day xx

Well done to all losers and great big hugs to those who need them xx
    • tweets
    • By tweets 21st Mar 17, 8:34 AM
    • 27,966 Posts
    • 405,086 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Happy Birthday greentiger
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Mar 17, 9:02 AM
    • 46,257 Posts
    • 163,888 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy birthday GreenTiger.
    Have a lovely day
    Relax & enjoy.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Ruthy1604
    • By Ruthy1604 21st Mar 17, 9:02 AM
    • 513 Posts
    • 4,923 Thanks
    Ruthy1604
    Happy birthday GreenTiger

Todays plan for me:
    B: Cup of Tea, FF Yog with berries
    L: Covent Garden Skinny Soup (HExB) Melon
    D: Not sure yet, but I WILL be good
    HExA - milk with tea
    10lb to lose & keep off in 2017 4.5lb/10lb
    Save 12K in 2017 Number 74 £9845/£30000
    • lantanna
    • By lantanna 21st Mar 17, 9:10 AM
    • 2,546 Posts
    • 18,798 Thanks
    lantanna
    Happy Birthday Greentiger! Hope you have a fabulous day ! I really do!

I'm incorporating 2 days of the 5.2 diet until I go on my holiday in a bid to get something half decent off. I will let you know how I get on.

Today is my first 500 cal day or fast day whatever you like to call it.
    3 stone 13.5 lbs to target

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,788Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Dimbleby becomes the Dimblebomb and kicks someone out. Question time getting rad #bbqt

• Follow Martin