What's stressing you at the moment?

Options
Andrew_Ryan_89
Andrew_Ryan_89 Posts: 530 Forumite
MSE Insert

Hi everyone, this is a very difficult subject, not all such issues relate to money but in case yours does please read our Mental Health & Debt guide.

Back to the original post...

I'm 26, engaged, purchased my first property back in December have no debt (besides mortgage and student loans) and recently started a new job that pays me £48k.

I can't remember the last time I felt stress free and genuinely happy. Hated school as I got bullied. To avoid being bullied at college I ignored most people and as a result had no social life. Felt depressed and insecure for the time I didn't have a job till I was 17 and since finishing university have felt pressured to financially exceed.

I think my biggest problem is that I am a little burnt out. During University I worked on the weekends so never had a day off. When I finished university I immediately started working 2 jobs (72 hours a week) and never took a break since. No gap year, no 2 weeks abroad just constant studying or working since I was in school.

Sorry if I am ranting here. What I am trying to say is, no matter what stage of my life I am at, I never feel like I have no significant worries, there is always a load on my mine. For a year I was stressing about getting a house. Now that I got it I am stressing about our planned wedding and successfully completing the probation period where I work.

I just wanted to know with you guys, what's currently on your mind? What are you current stresses?

I also what to encourage people to offer help to anyone they can also.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's a well-paying job you've got there. I hope it's something you enjoy doing?

My stresses these days tend to be more health-related.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My daughter's boyfriend.

I have found through life that just when you think you have gotten rid of one stress another one always comes along to replace it.
  • mark5
    mark5 Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't work long hours, don't think about work when your not here, have a regular night out it doesn't need to be drinking, regular holidays, eat healthy, lots of walking, find a hobby you enjoy, spend lots oftime with your partner and kids if you have any.

I don't stress anymore, life is to short!
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My pacemaker battery is running out and transplant unit are climbing the walls as I'm a high infection risk but every time they try to wean me off the immunosuppressants my stupid body tries to kill my new heart, we have until October at the latest and then the battery will die and I'll go with it so that's a stress.

I'm supposed to be getting married next year but every time I book one thing 20 more things appear on my to do list.

Have to appeal PIP as I was refused and it's really stressing me out.
  • System
    Options
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    My pacemaker battery is running out and transplant unit are climbing the walls as I'm a high infection risk but every time they try to wean me off the immunosuppressants my stupid body tries to kill my new heart, we have until October at the latest and then the battery will die and I'll go with it so that's a stress.

I'm supposed to be getting married next year but every time I book one thing 20 more things appear on my to do list.

Have to appeal PIP as I was refused and it's really stressing me out.

Your heart problems are so bad that you could die within 6 months and they've refused you PIP?! :mad:
  • Andrew_Ryan_89
    Options
    avogadro wrote: »
    That's a well-paying job you've got there. I hope it's something you enjoy doing?

My stresses these days tend to be more health-related.

I do enjoy the role. It's just at times I have no idea what I am doing. I am the only one in that position and work from home (though I am out most of the time). There was no induction specific to my role and more than any other role I have done before, I have been left to get on with it.

I had a good sit down with my boss recently I feel more confident now, though it does feel like I have wasted the first 5-6 weeks and would have been in a much better position if someone told me what I was supposed to be doing, my remit and process of everything.

The reason I mentioned the salary is that it seems the more money I earn, the poorer I feel. I remember earning £200 a week working at M&S. I felt so wealthy back then....
  • System
    Options
    I would love to work from home, but am not sure how to go about seeking this kind of work, or in what careers jobs like this are available.
  • Andrew_Ryan_89
    Options
    I would love to work from home, but am not sure how to go about seeking this kind of work, or in what careers jobs like this are available.

I have a Business Development role so I am out and about trying to win new business. Main benefit to working from home is saving £200+ a month in travel cost and also earning a little money on petrol when i drive. With that said, I had to think long and hard about accepting such a role, especially at my age, No banter around the desk and it's hard to motivate yourself.

What role are you doing at the moment?
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your heart problems are so bad that you could die within 6 months and they've refused you PIP?! :mad:

Technically my heart is fine as long as I take my drugs, DWP can do positive spin like pros.

My need for a new pacemaker is medical and so its the NHS problem, not the DWP.

And this is how benefits work in 2016.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't do stress or worry.
    I was taught a piece of wisdom by a primary school teacher when I was about 10.
    If you have a concern or an issue, if you can do something about it (ie it's within your control) then do it; and if you cannot do anything about it (ie it's outside of your control), then no point in worrying.

This has worked for me so far and I'm now happily retired so it works
    :j :beer:
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure