Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    • 67,657Posts
    • 124,659Thanks
    torbrex
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*
    • 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please* 17th Jan 16 at 10:59 AM
    The old thread can be found here.

Please use this new thread to report any good finds in the Discount stores Aldi & Lidl.
    You can also report any not so good deals as a warning to others.

The Stollen bites and other xmas food was being given away FREE in my local Lidl this morning, plenty left and they want it shifted by next week.
Page 106
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 11th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    • 9,645 Posts
    • 9,301 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    So means 58% is rubbish.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Technically cereals.

Using Aldi's SS Traditional Pork Sausages - £1.89 for 400g (£4.73 per kg). I cannot see from the front of the pack how much meat content is in them. Using 90% as an easy example. So 360g is meat. That is £5.25 per kg of meat.

Richmond sausages - 908g for £1.99 (£2.19 per kg) - 42% meat, £5.22 kg of meat.

Though 2.16 times more expensive per kg the SS sausages meat kg is only over 0.5% more.

Sometimes Richmond sausages are more expensive per meat kg than the premium sausages!!!.

Similar applies to burgers as well.

Quality over quantity any day.
    I do enjoy a bit of maths on the forum, but the 908g of Richmond sausages is 16 Sausages (56g), whereas the Aldi (which I've had and are very nice) are only 6 Sausages (66g).

I can imagine that for a lot of people, 16 Sausages is going to win over 6 Sausages based solely on quantity.

It would be nice if Richmond sausages had as much venison in them as Richmond Park, but it cannot be.
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 11-01-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 11th Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    • 9,645 Posts
    • 9,301 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Free Stollen Bites in my Lidl today.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 11th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    • 3,748 Posts
    • 23,516 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    Nothing free in my Aldi this morning sadly! However, it was very quiet and there was an awful lot of stuff (fruit, veg, bread & meat) reduced to half price. Unfortunately not a lot of which I needed, though I did pick up a couple of packs of chicken fillets reduced from £2,99 to £1.50 which I was happy about.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • pakokelso93
    • By pakokelso93 13th Jan 18, 1:05 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    pakokelso93
    Lidl nappies... not a patch on Aldis and the same for baby wipes. Shant be buying them again.
    Originally posted by Judi
    Mentioned more than once but when Lidls changed their baby wipes part-way through last year it was a travesty. You had 80 of the thickest amazing things ever to 64 thin p!sswater things. New version produced in UK, Old ones where in Israel a think and clearly a pan-European product Lidl product. XXL weeks have still had the old version (100 instead of 80 packs) - the last couple of times so bought boxes at a time.
    PK!
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 13th Jan 18, 1:13 PM
    • 7,618 Posts
    • 3,718 Thanks
    Stompa
    Don't buy the large 6.5kg packs of Almat washing powder that they currently have as a 'special item' at £8.99, e.g.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/almat-bio-washing-powder-6-5kg/p/064314006718200

they're around 20% more expensive (per kg) than the standard packs (2.6kg @ £2.99) which they sell all the time:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/almat-washing-powder---bio/p/067213170130502
    Stompa
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 13th Jan 18, 8:21 PM
    • 24,453 Posts
    • 51,722 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Lidl nappies... not a patch on Aldis and the same for baby wipes. Shant be buying them again.
    Originally posted by Judi
    I was happy with them when I bought them, but it’s been quite some time since then.

Mentioned more than once but when Lidls changed their baby wipes part-way through last year it was a travesty. You had 80 of the thickest amazing things ever to 64 thin p!sswater things.
    Originally posted by pakokelso93
    That explains it. I’ll buy another pack tomorrow.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • pakokelso93
    • By pakokelso93 14th Jan 18, 1:13 AM
    • 238 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    pakokelso93
    Mentioned more than once but when Lidls changed their baby wipes part-way through last year it was a travesty. You had 80 of the thickest amazing things ever to 64 thin p!sswater things. New version produced in UK, Old ones where in Israel a think and clearly a pan-European product Lidl product. XXL weeks have still had the old version (100 instead of 80 packs) - the last couple of times so bought boxes at a time.
    Originally posted by pakokelso93
    I was happy with them when I bought them, but itís been quite some time since then.

That explains it. Iíll buy another pack tomorrow.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    To my surprise - XXL week in our local Lidl and the Baby wipes (and things like giant XXL shower gel) etc all out so 2 boxes (24 packs) of the old 100-for-80 purple packeted wipes. (Aloe Vera ones are great!) Superb. Made my day.

If XXL in your shop get a pack of the purple packet and by the 'current' green 64pk one and night, dawn and day the difference.
    PK!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

2,210Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin